Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

NFL Divisional

31 posts in this topic

Packers up 14 with less than 4 minutes to go.  So much for hosting the NFC Championship.  We need to get the brooms back out and sweep the Bucs aside tomorrow, and then get ready for a cold weather game.

sailorsaint likes this

Wow, Buffalo missed one wide right.....figure the odds....Edit: and I think Baltimore is aiming at the uprights! lol

Edited by sailorsaint

I wanted the Rams to win so that we could have a chance at beating them at home, but it just as nice to see them in tears after getting their asses handed to them.

dtgSaintsFan likes this

The Bills shut down Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, so I figure they will have a good chance against KC ... don't see the Browns advancing.    Packers look unstoppable on offense, so whichever team beats them will need to score, (although next Sunday's forecast in GB is snow and 20Fs...  

If the Saints defense comes to play like they did in the last game, or close to what they did, then I think the Saints offense should be able to score enough to beat the Bucs.

Slidell Saint likes this

Drew gave us many years of damn good entertainment. He will forever be etched in the history of New Orleans as someone who had a major impact on the city. I will miss him while also looking forward to the next era of Saints football.

Drew was the best player for one of my teams that I have ever seen and ever will see in my life. I'm so sad that he didn't get to the Super Bowl just one more time. 

It was not fun to be a Saints fan before Payton and Brees came to town. There were moments but nothing like how it has been. I'm so sad tonight that something that has been a constant and something that has generally been something to look forward to in my life for 15 years is over.

Drew Brees and Sean Payton have been the best things to happen to football in New Orleans.  I’ve enjoyed watching them for the past 15 years. They have meant a lot to this city post Katrina and I will forever be thankful!

Its tough to get to the Super Bowl.. we’ve seen that many things can stop you; this year it was a flood of turnovers. Never seen a game turn on a play like Cook’s fumble did. 

At the end of the day, we were fortunate to even have football this year. It’s help me get through a very strange and difficult time. Kiddos  to the players, teams and the league for making it happen!

Edited by Boris
Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

8 hours ago, Drew said:

Am I foolish to hold out hope that he comes back for one more year?

Man...I feel the same way in my heart.  I don't want this era to end. 

But my head is telling me that it's time to move on.  That we have a young, talented team and it's time to find the next QB for this franchise...and to trust Payton and Loomis in whoever that will be.

But let me tell you...my head and my heart are locked in mortal combat on this one...

OzSaint, Drew and Bonckers like this

When Drew was about to run off into the tunnel and turned back one last time I almost cried. Thank you man for literally saving New Orleans post Katrina! You will be my hero until the final curtain falls...

Edited by Hermann the German
Bonckers and Holy Avenger like this

32 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

Man...I feel the same way in my heart.  I don't want this era to end. 

But my head is telling me that it's time to move on.  That we have a young, talented team and it's time to find the next QB for this franchise...and to trust Payton and Loomis in whoever that will be.

But let me tell you...my head and my heart are locked in mortal combat on this one...

Same for me.

I'm really sad this morning.  I think I'm more upset that the Brees era is likely over than I am about the loss.

Slidell Saint, Bonckers and OzSaint like this

Jarred Cook lost this game. Until the point, when he decided to dance with the football loose in one hand, while 3 defenders were within 0.5 meters, llike he is in pewee league, we had everything under control. If that drive continues, we take another 4min of the clock and lead by 2 scores, very late in the 3rd. And its not the first time he lost the ball like that. Football IQ 0.2.

Other than that: Thanks Drew for everything. But please dont comeback. We dont have the cap space to grant you proper protection, and you should be thankful, that you leave the game in relatively good health.

I tend to agree with Boricko. I love ya, Drew, but it's time to move on. I think our QB is already on the roster and it's going to be a difficult decision. I think Winston would be the better choice, but Taysom has done so much for this team that he really deserves a shot at being the starter. 

Bonckers and OzSaint like this

12 hours ago, Shibumi said:

Gave the game away with turnovers.  Can't win that way often in the NFL.

Tampa's 3 scoring Td drives totaled 62 yards. 

Bonckers likes this

1 hour ago, boricko said:

Jarred Cook lost this game. Until the point, when he decided to dance with the football loose in one hand, while 3 defenders were within 0.5 meters, llike he is in pewee league, we had everything under control. If that drive continues, we take another 4min of the clock and lead by 2 scores, very late in the 3rd. And its not the first time he lost the ball like that. Football IQ 0.2.

Other than that: Thanks Drew for everything. But please dont comeback. We dont have the cap space to grant you proper protection, and you should be thankful, that you leave the game in relatively good health.

I think it’s time for Drew to ride off into the sunset.  The injuries the past 2 years have been ugly, and he has a wonderful life and family in front of him.  I say that and I’m his biggest fan, and held on to my season tickets to watch him play this year.

As to salary cap, he could extend and push out the cap hit, but would have to take a salary cut for it to make any sense for the team.  I think the Taysom Hill contract was done with the thought of letting him takeover for one year .. and absorb the Brees dead cap money. 

He will probably make more money as a TV analyst, like Tony Romo, making $17 million a year!   I read where Brees’s contract starts  in 2022.

Edited by Boris

5 minutes ago, faceman said:

This makes me sick. Our defense was really not given a chance. You lose the turnover battle that badly, very hard to win

Bonckers likes this

13 minutes ago, faceman said:

That's crazy,...  lets face it, the Saints have been snake bit in the playoffs..... for some reason, the team just does not play its best in the postseason.  

Don't quite understand it.  

14 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's crazy,...  lets face it, the Saints have been snake bit in the playoffs..... for some reason, the team just does not play its best in the postseason.  

Don't quite understand it.  

When you lay a stinker in the regular season,you can make up for it the following week. You can't do it in the playoffs 

Bonckers likes this

Yep the story of the game is 4-0 TO difference.

if Drew is gone then I wish him the best of luck and thanks for all the good memories. 

boricko likes this

I agree with the sentiment that Brees should move on. I hate it. Drew couldn’t have been a better representative for this team and town. Pure class act and exactly what this team needed at the exact right time.

But early on in the season I was asking my football watching buddy “What happens in the playoffs when the opposing D stacks the box with 8-10 players when Drew couldn’t seem to throw the ball past 15 yards?” Sure enough my worst fears were realized. Three interceptions and zero catches for Thomas.

I’m not sold on Taysom as the starter though. We will lose that slash player on offense and he’s not even close to Brees on reading defense and making progressions. Saying that, I’m not necessarily sold on Winston either with his attitude and turnover ability.  It won’t surprise me if Peyton makes a move in the draft or offseason to address the position. Let’s stay tuned. It will be interesting to watch.

Whoever it is will have a hard time filling the shoes of DB9.

faceman likes this