Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonckers

Lattimore arrested

19 posts in this topic

He was arrested on suspicion of receiving stolen property. Going to hold judgement until more details come out, but not good timing in his career to have it happen. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26/marshon-lattimore-arrested-on-suspicion-of-receiving-stolen-property/

Marshon Lattimore arrested on suspicion of receiving stolen property

Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore was arrested late Thursday night in Cleveland.

Adam Ferrise of Cleveland.com reports that Lattimore was booked into the Cuyahoga County Jail on a charge of receiving stolen property. Formal charges have not been filed at this time.

Records from the jail show that police gang investigators arrested Lattimore around 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday. Other details regarding what led to the arrest are not known at this time.

Lattimore grew up in Cleveland and attended Ohio State before being picked by the Saints in the first round of the 2017 draft. He is heading into the final year of his contract with the team.

Just read a tweet by Mike Triplett that it was a handgun that he had concealed. He was arrested because of a failure to report the gun and later found out the gun was stolen. Facts are getting worse.

He is probably history with the Saints,.  Thank goodness it happened BEFORE he was signed to an extension ...

Also, what is pertinent is that he was arrested by "gang investigation" police

Edited by Boris

I dont get this. How are you supposed to identify stolen goods, when purchasing them? Ok, if you get sold a nuclear warhead in some shady alley, you should know, that you most likely purchase stolen goods. But if a common item/good (and guns are common items/goods in the US) gets sold to you, how can you know it's stolen? 

Him getting into a situation like this is boneheaded stupid. This I totally agree with. But getting rid of the player due to this is not justified, in my opinion.

Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_4e4df744-8e6b-11eb-b64a-cfcf1d9a0bc4.html

Saints CB Marshon Lattimore's arrest in Cleveland 'was a misunderstanding,' attorney says

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore's arrest in connection to a stolen handgun in Cleveland was a misunderstanding, according to Lattimore's attorney. 

Marcus Sidoti, a Cleveland-based criminal defense attorney, said in a statement provided to The Times-Picayune | New Orleans Advocate that Lattimore was arrested without incident, has not been charged and is fully cooperating with police regarding the matters.

"We believe that this was a misunderstanding and that this will become even clearer as new information becomes available and is shared with the authorities," Sidoti said.

Lattimore, 24, was arrested on suspicion of receiving stolen property and for failure to notify officers about having a weapon in his possession, according to Cleveland police.

Lattimore, a Cleveland native, was arrested by Cleveland’s gang investigators around 10:30 p.m. along with three other men after the car they were in was pulled over for “multiple traffic violations," including a tail lights violation, Cleveland police said in a statement.

After officers saw a "loaded Glock-19 handgun" in the car, they searched the vehicle further, the statement said. Upon further inspection, officers reported they found that Lattimore had another loaded handgun in his possession. The gun allegedly in Lattimore’s possession had been reported stolen from Euclid, Ohio, a suburb northeast of Cleveland, according to police.

The three other men were arrested on suspicion of other violations. Two of those men, Kenyon Moon and Maurice Walton were arrested on suspicion of having weapons under disability, which means they were alleged to have had weapons while having a felony record. The other man, Carl Willis, was arrested on suspicion of improperly handling a gun in a car and was issued a citation for driving without working tail lights.

None of the men have been formally charged as of 3 p.m. CT Friday.

Bonckers likes this

I am curious to see the "misunderstanding" Of the gun. If he did purchase it second hand then yes it is understandable, and if he does have a concealed carry license, but was unaware of the Ohio laws then maybe explainable if not I expect at least a 1 game suspension and think it would be warranted. I'm sorry, but concealing a gun without a license is known by everyone to be illegal, and no excuse at all. 

Welp...

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_9c647046-8e7c-11eb-8f99-779582b7b9ed.html

Saints CB Marshon Lattimore charged with fourth-degree felony after arrest

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore was charged Friday with receiving stolen property, a fourth-degree felony in the state of Ohio, several hours after he was arrested in Cleveland, according to court records.

Lattimore, 24, was levied with a felony charge in this case because the stolen property he is alleged to have been in possession of is a firearm.

Lattimore, a Cleveland native with no prior criminal record, was arrested by Cleveland’s gang investigators about 10:30 p.m. Thursday along with three other men after the car they were in was pulled over for “multiple traffic violations," including a tail lights violation, Cleveland police said in a statement.

The officers reported seeing a “loaded Glock-19 handgun” in the car, and upon searching the vehicle further, police said that Lattimore had a different loaded handgun on him. The gun purportedly in Lattimore’s possession had been reported stolen from Euclid, Ohio, a suburb northeast of Cleveland, police said.

Lattimore's attorney, Marcus Sidoti, released a statement before Lattimore was charged, saying, "We believe that this was a misunderstanding and that this will become even clearer as new information becomes available and is shared with the authorities."

The Saints had no immediate comment on the matter.

Lattimore’s bond was set at $5,000 during a court hearing held on Friday afternoon. He can be released from the Cuyahoga County Jail after he posts 10% of the bond amount.

Per court records, Lattimore waived the preliminary hearing, meaning that the case will move to a grand jury. Court records do not indicate when Lattimore's next hearing will be.

Well, here is a young man on the verge of signing probably a $100+ Million contract, generation changing wealth, and is buying a gun off the street, turns out to be stolen, and at the same time is reportedly riding around in a car with several felons, who are also apparently armed. 

Dumb, dumb, dumb..  Lattimore is a very good football player, but geez, he apparently has issues that could at minimum jeopardize his contact negotiations and possibly his career.

Bonckers, Oscar McBroom and boricko like this

I would say driving around with known felons and everyone in the car has guns he may have been jeopardizing his life. I truly hope it is a misunderstnading. 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:21 AM, Bonckers said:

I would say driving around with known felons and everyone in the car has guns he may have been jeopardizing his life. I truly hope it is a misunderstnading. 

Possible misunderstandings:

1. He thought it was his Uber.

2. He was just catching a ride and the gun happened to be on the seat.

3. He was just looking at the gun and didn’t buy it .

4. He volunteered to work with felons for a criminal rehab program.

5. It was just gangsta-play-time.

Edited by Boris

I'am sorry to say we don't have a misunderstanding, we have a problem! In possession of a stolen gun and in the company of three felons? There is no good

way to spin this. If the Saints history of holding players accountable stands here, ML may not be around long

Interesting how no news has come out on this issue ... reason why they opted for the Grand Jury route .. all secretive .. smother the issue with silence.

If I had to guess, and strictly based on a guess I would think it is because he is someone of fame, and they want to make sure their bases are covered. Even if he is cleared I would think the league is going to suspend at least 1 or 2 games. 

I am sure his defense is that he didn’t know the gun was stolen, and I agree the situation he placed himself in will probably at minimum get him a suspension from the NFL.

I also imagine there is some deal making in the works.  Being an Ohio State star-player can’t hurt his chances of getting off lightly.  Good thing he wasn’t in Michigan!

Bonckers likes this

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_d5ad4d98-a2c5-11eb-a191-e7625c41960c.html

Video: Saints' Marshon Lattimore admits to having gun after police assure, 'No one's gonna get beat'

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore admitted to having a loaded gun in his waistband during a traffic stop in March after a Cleveland Police officer assured him that "no one's gonna get beat on," according to two body camera videos obtained by The Times-Picayune | New Orleans Advocate. 

“If there’s something in here, let us know now," an officer says. "No one’s gonna get beat on, nothing like that, OK? Just tell us if there’s a gun or anything like that in here."

After Lattimore says he had a gun in his possession, the officer ran through a series of questions, asking him where the gun was, if he had a concealed carry permit, what type of gun it was and if it was loaded. Lattimore responded by saying he did have a CCW permit and that the loaded Smith and Wesson was in his waistband.

“You’re going to shoot your d--- off," the officer responded. "Get yourself a holster, bro.”

Later in the video, another officer shares a similar sentiment to Lattimore by saying that he's going to "blow your you-know-what off."

The multiple police officers on the scene found out midway through the videos that Lattimore played for the Saints, with one policeman reacting by saying, "Jesus f---king Christ."

The main officer who had been dealing with Lattimore walked back up to him after that.

"The amount of stuff you got going for you, bro," the policeman said. "How old are you?"

Lattimore responded by saying he was 24.

"It's not like you're a f---king chump out there, bro," the officer said.

"I know," Lattimore said. "I'm not. You feel me? I'm just back home."

The cop responded, "I get it. You're back home, I understand that. But being back home with people who aren't carrying firearms the proper way makes you look, how?"

Lattimore replied, "Right."

The cop added, "You know what I'm saying?"

Lattimore replied, "Right."

A lengthy portion of the two videos pertain to how police officers were going over the timeline of how Lattimore informed them of the gun in his pants.

“I walked up there and I could see he was visibly nervous," one police officer said to another in one of the videos regarding Lattimore. "He wasn’t like talking. He was scared. I said, ‘Hey, is there anything in this vehicle we need to know about. Anything at all.' And he doesn’t really say anything, and I’m like, 'Listen man, if you’ve got a gun, it’s not a big deal, just tell us, that way we know, you’re not gonna get beat up or nothing like that, just tell us if you have a gun. He said, ‘Yes I have a gun.”

When the officer writing the report asked, "Would you classify that as a failure to notify," the other policeman said, "Technically by the book I would say yes."

Lattimore was arrested and booked on a count of failure to notify, but he was not formally charged with that offense. 

The handgun reportedly in Lattimore's possession came back as stolen, which was only briefly discussed in one of the body camera videos. Lattimore has been charged in connection with that, which is a fourth-degree felony in the state of Ohio.

Really curious about more background on gun theft, but I do feel better that he has a conceal carry license. IT shows he is aware that you have to have that license, but he should have known to notify which is a law in his home state.