Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

NFL TV Deals

7 posts in this topic

I just saw an article on ESPN.com about the NFL's new TV deals.  Most everything stays the same, but it reads that Amazon is now the exclusive home for Thursday night games with over the air availability on the markets of the competing teams.  So hear is to the Saints not playing on Thursday nights for those of us outside of the New Orleans market.

I pay for NFL ticket so I can see all my games.  This BS will probably cost me at least 1 game next year.  I'm pissed.  I really hope I am reading it wrong.  I do not have Amazon and I do not want to have to get it.

I let go of my satellite before the season last year and had to rely on OTA broadcasts. I have Amazon Prime along with CBS All Access, so I'll probably miss some MNF games that are only on ESPN. I don't think this should effect your NFL Ticket Access though, you should get everything you've normally gotten.

Well, that's a bummer. I didn't know NFL Ticket didn't show Thurs games. For what's it worth, I like Amazon Prime, but then, I don't have satellite. But there are a lot of good shows that I never saw on Satellite that I have access to on Amazon. 

I think it’s fortunate if only Thursday night games ,starting in 2022 , are going to a streaming service over the next 11 years.  I also saw where Peacock is going to get a London game, and that ESPN+ is getting a game.  It makes me wonder if CBS, NBC ABC/ESPN have some future rights to move to their premium streaming platforms.  
With an 80% increase there has to be more revenue objectives for the networks. 

Also looks like the salary cap will be increasing over the next few years, thus these huge contracts for teams with cap space. 

NFL Gamepass is the best product on the market. It's quite expensive and not allowed in the US. But if you live outside US, it's the best package. Should be possible to use it in the US via VPN client.

Edited by boricko

I for one have fought buying multiple streaming services. I currently use AT&T tv which is basically DirectTV streaming (very inexpensive). I also have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and get HBO Max for free with AT&T TV. I feel the networks are trying to cut out cable companies, and honestly, I don't blame them. Cable companies made it hard for the consumers, and consumers have been cutting the chord for a while. The only reason I have AT&T TV is that I wanted to watch and record the Saints games. It only runs me bout $45 a month because I have my cell and internet through them. Saying that I don't know what I will do if I have to have peacock and other options to watch games in the coming years. I have allowed my parents, sister, and GF to use my accounts, but it sounds like Netflix, and others are going to starting to require confirmation numbers texted to you to access any of them anymore to stop that.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the streaming companies. Since Covid started HBO Max releases all of their companies movies Warner Brother and others for streaming for free on the streaming when they hit the theaters. Talk is that will continue after COVID. Which is nice I have watched a lot of movies from home, and prefer that than in a theater with stale popcorn and $7 cokes.