Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Pelicans go full “Falcons Mode” in loss to Suns

7 posts in this topic

I'll be honest.  I've given up on the team this year.  I'm only watching to see what Zion does.  I fully expect the Pelicans to lose against everybody.  Every game seems to see the opponent set a franchise record with 3s.  And as good as Zion is, his 2s don't match their 3s.  Math is a funny thing, isn't it.

Bonckers likes this

My goodness this time is awful.  Watching the Celtics Pelicans game.  63-47 at halftime.  Zion has only 4 points.  He's not seeing the ball enough either.  I don't think he is getting any calls.  In fact, I think all the calls are going Boston's way.  Ignoring the calls or lack of them, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  And piss poor defense.  Sounds like a broken record.

Bonckers likes this

The refs just confirmed it.  They are doing diddly-poo work today.  They called 2 technicals on JJ Redick in about 10 seconds.  1 on a basket made my Zion.  Then he got fouled on the next possession and he spun the ball back to the ref and they tossed him.  He should gone up to the ref and told him to go F!! himself and gotten myself suspended.  Ha.  Needless to say, I don't agree with the call.  I don't even know what the first T was for. We scored and he got the T.

Bonckers likes this

And the Pelicans make a great comeback only to be F!!ed by the refs.  Overturned an out of bounds to the Pelicans call to give it back to Boston with 14 seconds left.  And they get the basket on a travel with 10.5 to take the lead.

Then Zion gets the basket after the timeout to take a 1 point lead with 6.9 left and he makes the free throw for a 2 point lead.

Damn it.  Boston tied it with 0.2 to go.  Looks like overtime.  Pelicans came back from 24 down late in the 3rd.

Pelicans 120 Celtics 115 in OT.  Largest comeback in franchise history.  BI finished with 33, Zion with 28.  Great defensive performance in the 4th and overtime.  This team could be pretty good if they played like that all game.  But that is a really big IF.

Slidell Saint and Bonckers like this