Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

N/S: Asking price for DeShaun Watson

16 posts in this topic

While I'd love to see him in the Black and Gold, hell no to this price to get him... 

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2021/02/02/is-there-trade-price-that-too-much-for-quarterback-deshaun-watson?fbclid=IwAR0OCdB7mIKey8om0gs1pJ9aP_ZtdI29rctsX4TmSBpyy-DE1-GdQvTG4_I

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans would want two first-round picks, two seconds, and two young defensive starters in any Deshaun Watson deal.

I'm thinking Miami, the Jets have a decent pick in the draft, they figure to pick up Justin Fields. Miami could trade away Tua in the trade and the Texans would have a franchise QB with lots of picks.

nolaspe likes this

I don't know I think Flores has that team moving in the right direction. I don't know if mortgaging all of that on one player is the right move for them. They were competitive jumping between 2 QB's, and they have a young team. I don't feel they have to make a desperate move, and trading 2-3 first-round picks, and your starting QB for one player comes across that way. Now it doesn't mean they won't but I wouldn't do that if I was him.

The jets need to figure out a lot of stuff, I am not sure they want to make the trade, but they do have a lot of draft capital. The question is how far do they believe their roster is? If they think it is close (which I do not think it is), they could trade for him, but I think they need to overhaul the roster and the best way to do that this offseason with limited cap space is through the draft. 

nolaspe likes this

Watson is a good QB.  He has missed a lot of games due to injury.  Giving up that many draft picks and players could really hurt your team.  Think of how the Saints have built and restocked their OL.   Not just the talent but the cap savings with rookie contracts.  Depth has been a strongpoint of the Saints; you need it to succeed. 

The Jets have made a lot of dumb moves, but I think their new coach is smarter than those of the recent past.   I don’t see Miami giving up on Tua yet, unless they can get Watson at a good price. 

The Texans are in a bad spot; they won’t get what they want.

Bonckers likes this

Well, looks exaggerated, but in the end, that's their starting position for upcoming negotiations. They know themselves, nobody will surrender this bouquette of picks and players.

My guess: Since Watson doesnt want to be in Houston (or am I wrong here?), will go for 2 1st rounds and if one is a swap, they may net another 2nd rounder. That's still quite a lot!

Edited by boricko
typo

6 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

Something smells fishy in Houston.

Agree.. very strange that 3 civil suits pop up .. I wonder if things are going to make Watson less attractive to other teams ?  

Texans seems like a spot you don’t want to be.  

Edited by Boris

There are now 7...count 'em...7 lawsuits brought against him. All worded the same, by masseuses. How do you prove one way or the other when it's he said/she said?  I still think something is going on that isn't entirely above board.

On 3/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, sailorsaint said:

There are now 7...count 'em...7 lawsuits brought against him. All worded the same, by masseuses. How do you prove one way or the other when it's he said/she said?  I still think something is going on that isn't entirely above board.

Now it is 12 and might reach 22.   By shear quantity,  it doesn’t look good for Watson.  It’s very odd that someone would book massages with that many different women.  

If these allegations are true, he might not play for the Texans or anyone else.

Without witnesses or physical proof of some kind, I still don't see how they can prove anything. But, even if he loses, there will still be doubt. This isn't like Darren Sharper, where there was no doubt and lots of proof. I still feel something is going on that we don't know about yet.

faceman likes this

13 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

Without witnesses or physical proof of some kind, I still don't see how they can prove anything. But, even if he loses, there will still be doubt. This isn't like Darren Sharper, where there was no doubt and lots of proof. I still feel something is going on that we don't know about yet.

I think there is more going on, but after reading some of the details, Watson has some issues.  The part that is weird is he was seeking masseuses on Instagram, and he was obviously booking different women.   I am not a massage expert, but if I received a nice massage as an athlete, I would try to use the same person.  There are 22 coming forward?  It is not to the degree of Sharper, but still creepy at best.  Not sure if there is some market on masseuses for star athletes, but wouldn't be surprised if  there is, more was expected in certain circles.

And you don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt for the NFL to take action against a player.    If you can get 22 women to make a statement against you, you have a problem.   

faceman likes this

I don't know the details, but the Lawyer representing the women has done work for the Texans owner in the past that should be known. I just hope the truth comes out and that justice is served no matter the truth. 

WhoDatinH-town likes this