Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonckers

MT to have ankle surgery

1 post in this topic

I didn't think he was 100% he was a no show in the playoff game. I am curious if we look to move him in the offseason. If the rumors are true of him wanting out I think he would get moved. I know we did it with Reggie, and Grham when no one thought we could survive either loss. It would make signing and keeping certain players around.  I love what he brings to the table, but if he wants out it may be best for team chemistry. Either way, I trust Payton and Loomis to do what is best for the team. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/michael-thomas-likely-to-have-ankle-ligament-surgery/

Michael Thomas likely to have ankle ligament surgery

Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2021, 11:10 AM EST

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas injured his ankle in the first week of the regular season and he may finally go for surgery to address the issue now that his season is over.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Thomas is likely to have surgery to repair a torn deltoid ligament and other ligament damage in the ankle. It’s not clear when a final decision will be made.

Thomas did not return until Week 9 after his initial injury and then missed the final three games of the regular season before returning for the team’s two playoff games. Thomas had five catches for 73 yards and a touchdown against the Bears, but got shut out in last Sunday’s loss to the Buccaneers.

Drew Brees has not made any official announcement yet about his future yet, but any Saints quarterback would benefit from having a healthy Thomas for the 2021 season.

Edited by Bonckers