Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

NFL Divisional

31 posts in this topic

I watched the game last night for the first time with the new GF. She said you look so sad. I like many of you will get over the loss. I am sadder about the fact that I truly believe Brees is done. Even if he wants to come back (which the competitor in him does not want to end it that way) I believe his body and his family are telling him no. I am glad I got to see him in person this year in the SF game even if only a short time. I will miss him being the centerpiece and biggest free-agent acquisition in NFL history. He meant so much to this team and city. He will forever be one of my favorite Saints of all time with him, Will Smith, Sam Mills, Iron head. He should be in the ring of honor next year if he does hang them up. First ballot HOF no doubt.   

Time for the next era I believe Jameis will be the starter after battling with Taysom in the offseason for the job. I can see him signing something similar to what Teddy signed in Carolina a 3 year 1$5-20 mill contract (total) with incentives based on yards, TD's, playoffs wins, etc. I love Taysom and what he brings to the table, just not sold on him being a starter and would love to see them give him someone to compete with. Rumor has been the team wants to keep Jameis. 

faceman likes this

Time to start hoping for a Packers/Bills Superbowl. I think the Bucs will get rolled like a drunk sailor in a Kowloon back alley. I also don't think KC is invincible, we almost beat them with a piece meal team and QB just coming off a terrible injury. And I think the Bills end up winning it all, it just feels like their year.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:52 PM, Holy Avenger said:

Drew was the best player for one of my teams that I have ever seen and ever will see in my life. I'm so sad that he didn't get to the Super Bowl just one more time. 

It was not fun to be a Saints fan before Payton and Brees came to town. There were moments but nothing like how it has been. I'm so sad tonight that something that has been a constant and something that has generally been something to look forward to in my life for 15 years is over.

Agreed.  Brees has been a class act and helped bring a Superbowl win to this team.  

On a side note, good to see you post again, Avenger.   It's been a while.  

So, I guess Drew has been playing all year with a Rotator Cuff Tear, no wonder his passes have looked off all year:

How To Heal your Rotator Cuff Injury

The reason Rotator Cuff injuries involve chronic re-injury is because even the slightest movement can wipe out all of the healing you've done. Treatment alone won't protect against re-injury. If you want to maintain the healing you've done and you want to heal completely, you need to rest your shoulder and do what you can to heal quickly.

Re-injury takes place whenever you put even a small load on your arm or attempt to stretch the newly healed and still fragile shoulder tissue. Many days of healing can be erased by a momentary motion in the wrong direction. You know that sudden sharp pain all too well, and every time you feel it you are setting back the clock on healing.

And a Plantar Fascia injury, along with a  collapsed lung and 11 ribs injured. That is one helluva tough man. Makes you wonder how the game against the Bucs would have looked like if he were even 90%. But, he didn't have anything to do with Cook fumbling, and that was the turning point in the game.

Edited by sailorsaint

I love Drew as much as the next guy, and if a fully healthy and rejuvenated Drew wants to play next year, I'm all for it, 100%!  BUT, I keep wondering if we would have had a better chance against the Bucs if Jameis had played. Drew knew he wasn't 100% and hindsight shows that it affected his play. The Bucs knew as well, and didn't worry about covering deep. If Jameis had been in there, they would have had to cover the entire field instead of 20 yds from the line of scrimmage.