Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris

Saints vs Bucs - Playoff Round 3

5 posts in this topic

I keep hearing that Tampa is a different team than when the Saints beat them 38-3.  If I recall, the pundits were saying the same thing before that game, that the Bucs were a different team than in game 1.    Well, with all hands on deck for the first time all year, (hopefully we get Hendrickson back), the Saints are a different team now too.  

I am trying to figure what the Bucs are going to do differently then they did in the first two games to make a big difference.  Antonio Brown is more indoctrinated into to system, along with Fournette, but outside of those two, I don't see the big difference. Brady is playing better I guess, after more time with his teammates ..... they weren't exactly clicking against the WFT, and that victory wasn't very impressive.  I have to think that Brees is a bit better than Heinke... and that our offensive weapons are better than what WFT had... 

The great equalizers are turnovers and penalties...  that cost us against the Bears, but we were able to overcome.  Fortunately, the penalties weren't there. ... and we actually got some breaks from the refs.

I think it will boil down to defense.  We cannot give up big plays.. we need to pressure Brady like we did in game two.. that is where Hendrickson is so important.   Davenport has not been a factor, and I am sure Jordan is getting a lot of attention. Rankins came through....   but we need more against Tampa Bay...  

Brees vs Brady.. that is the Super Bowl we were hoping for the year of the No-Call..  we got it now in the Divisional Round. . should be interesting..

Oynumata had a big game in the last meeting. This time he will be facing the backup RT. Both of our lines are superior to the Bucs. That fact doesn't guarantee a victory,but I like our chances. Brady at 43 is not very mobile. We took advantage of that in our first two games. Bobby Herbert did make a good point on WWL a few days ago. He believes the Bucs won't attack our corners. Lattimore and Jenkins can keep their Wr's in check. He believes the Bucs will attack Anzaloni in coverage. It's something we need to look out for.if  hebert sees the weakness, you know Tom Brady does 

Bonckers and StLee like this

I am curious how we plan to combat the two TE sets. Tampa has run more of that and TB was very good at that in NE. Anzalone is not great in coverage, but you can't have CJG in at the line or he will get run over by a TE in the run game. Curious to see how we combat that. They did lose a guard to a broken ankle. I really hope Hendrickson is back.