Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

The Field Mouse a HOF finalist!

8 posts in this topic

Hopefully he gets in..  Sam was a Hall of Famer on and off the field...    the worst decision every made by the Saints, when crazy Bill Kuharich released Sam Mills, then Morten Anderson  ...    releasing Mills was the decision most regretted by Jim Mora.. 

He certainly deserves it, but I'm losing faith that it will happen.  I still wear my Mills throwback for almost every game.  Starting to get beat up but don't thinkt hey still make them.  Maybe if he gets elected they will release them again. 

Bonckers likes this

Definitely deserves to be in.  Hopefully his enshrinement will get the Saints to put him where he belongs...in the Superdome's Ring of Honor.

From what I can recall from an ESPN special on Mill, there still some raw feelings with the Mills family with regard to how he was treated by the Saints.  Hopefully a HOF honor and getting his name in the Ring of Honor will mend those fences.

Bonckers likes this

Quarterback Peyton Manning, defensive back Charles Woodson, wide receiver Calvin Johnson and defensive end Jared Allen lead the list of finalists. Cornerback Ronde Barber, tackle Tony Boselli, safety LeRoy Butler, guard Alan Faneca, wide receiver Torry Holt, safety John Lynch, linebacker Clay Matthews Jr., linebacker Sam Mills, defensive lineman Richard Seymour, linebacker Zach Thomas and wide receiver Reggie Wayne as finalists."

(I don't know the quote tag so I am just using a Comic Sans font for quotes.) 

Honestly, all of those guys are HOFers to me. There isn't a single one where I feel it would be it would be an outrage if they were elected.