Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris

Pelicans loss vs the Pacers

3 posts in this topic

I still find it hard to believe the Pelicans blew the Pacers game.   It was a loss akin to some of the Falcons losses, but of course on a much smaller stage.  The Pels were just the 3rd team, in 8,107 games to blow a least a 6 point lead in the final 25 seconds of regulation over the past decade.   It was an Epic loss. 

Now the question will be how the Pelicans rebound from such an embarrassing defeat.   To their credit, they played pretty well in overtime, whereas I thought the deflating collapse they would have floundered as opposed to losing on a last second shot.    

The Pelicans are really careless on bringing the ball in after the opposing teams score.  There is no excuse for that.   They did it at least twice against the Pacers and it cost them the game against a good opponent.    Both Ball and Bledsoe have been around to know better.

What is up with Lonzo Ball.   He played a huge part in the Pelicans last two losses, with at turnover at the end of the Pacers game, and a two dumb fouls in the Thunder game. His shot has improved but the rest of his game is shot...  he needs to get better in crunch time and with turnovers if he is looking for a new contract.   The Pelicans turnovers and points given up off of turnovers is really hurting this team.

I have a friend who is a life long Lakers fan.  When he watched Pelicans games last year, he said the ex-Lakers were making the same mistakes they were making when they were Lakers.  For what's that worth.

Ingram has certainly not been clutch late in games in what I've seen.  And Lonzo is a very frustrating player.  He can be a great passer.  Then make decisions that make you yell at the TV.

But it's not just team.  This team as a whole turns the ball over too much.