Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

Gameballs Thread Saints 27 Panthers 24 (multiple choice)

Who Gets Your Gameballs? (multiple choices)    11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets Your Offensive Gameballs (multiple choices)

• Brees
    • Kamara
    • Murray
    • T. Hill
    • Calloway
    • Smith
    • Harris
    • Carr
    • Cook
    • J. Hill
    • Trautman
    • O-Line
  2. 2. Who Gets Your Defensive Gameballs? (multiple choices)

• Gardener-Johnson
    • Lattimore
    • J. Jenkins
    • M.Williams
    • Anzalone
    • Davis
    • Rankins
    • M. Jenkins
    • Jordan
    • Brown
    • Onyemata
    • Tuttle
    • Davenport
    • Baun
    • Robertson
    • Hendrickson
    • Gray
    • Grandersson
  3. 3. Special teams Gameballs? (multiple choices)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Home divisional dogfight without our starting WR's and we rose to the occasion.

Everyone stepped up in all 3 phases to get this Victory. 

Brees spread it around to 8 different receivers regardless and everyone was ready. 

Bye over, got the W, 2-0 in the Division thus far!

4-2!!!!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!!

Teddy is the ONLY opposing QB that I like. Wish we could have kept him. Gameballs....Drew, Davenport, and of course the invisibility award goes to Morestead!

Saint ATN likes this

No punts was a crazy stat.  Brees, Kamara and Callaway (who did a great MT impersonation).  Drew was incredible! Kamara is such a weapon.

Defense came up with the big play.  Lutz is such a great kicker!

Saint ATN and Slidell Saint like this

A solid team win.

One breakdown in pass blocking that led to the sack/fumble. One breakdown in coverage that led to Moore’s 74 yard TD catch.

Otherwise a pretty clean game by the Saints.

I went with Brees/Kamara/Calloway on offense.  Davenport and Lattimore on defense.

Lutz on special teams.

An important divisional win. Keep pace with Tompa Bay and put some space between us and the Panthers/Falcons.

On to Chicago.

Saint ATN likes this

But not for the sack/fumble given up by Armstead’s replacement, Hurst, and another coverage bust on the 74 yard td pass, I don’t think this game is close.  

What is puzzling is the secondary was supposed to be our strength, and it hasn’t been. 
They cut down on the penalties, but not the big plays.   I have to think Marcus Williams is a weak link.  He still takes horrible angles on tackles and with all the long passes, the Free Safety has to play a big role.  If we can that cleaned up, we have a shot at being a really good team. 

Brees has proven he still has it.  Down the top 2 receivers, he distributes the ball to 8 players and make Calloway look like Michael Thomas. No punts vs a division foe?  Pretty impressive!

Bonckers likes this

One thing that stuck out to me was it should have been 27-17 but the refs, again, inexplicably call OPI on TreQuan when it wasn't anything close to being OPI. I think if we go up by 2 scores at that point in the game with the offense rolling we win by 2 scores....

Slidell Saint likes this

Again. They need an official in the booth that can call penalties and overrule ones called in the field. Somethings are easier to see on the video vs on the field. 

Edited by fjw70
sailorsaint likes this

9 minutes ago, fjw70 said:

Again. They need an official in the booth that can call penalties and overrule ones called in the field. Somethings are easier to see on the video vs on the field. 

Why would the NFL do that? PI is a tremendous tool, to influence the flow of a game, since in 80% of the cases, it is subject to interpretation. And everybody knows: The closer the games are, the more interest they generate and more money can be earned.

And that yesterday was not the first time, when I watched the SAINTS pulling away from an opponent, just to get called for another BS PI.

Saint ATN and Bonckers like this

18 hours ago, boricko said:

Why would the NFL do that? PI is a tremendous tool, to influence the flow of a game, since in 80% of the cases, it is subject to interpretation. And everybody knows: The closer the games are, the more interest they generate and more money can be earned.

And that yesterday was not the first time, when I watched the SAINTS pulling away from an opponent, just to get called for another BS PI.

That’s why the would do it. Not why they shouldn’t do it. 

boricko and Saint ATN like this

20 hours ago, fjw70 said:

Last year, Sean could have challenged that call. But, because none of the calls last year were that blatant, no one won their challenges, so the league essentially said....."See there?! We don't need this challenge opportunity, let's just let it drop already!"

Saint ATN likes this

On 10/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, sailorsaint said:

Last year, Sean could have challenged that call. But, because none of the calls last year were that blatant, no one won their challenges, so the league essentially said....."See there?! We don't need this challenge opportunity, let's just let it drop already!"

And there is little doubt that a questionable PI call will again cost a team dearly!