Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

The Official Put Up or Shut Up Thread: 2020 COVID Edition!

Official Put Up or Shut Up 2020 Vote!    11 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Close Poll How will the Saints finish the Regular 2020 Season?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16
    • Season won't finish/2020 Suspended
  2. 2. Will the Saints Make the 2020 Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Cancelled/Suspended
  3. 3. If the Saints Make the 2020 Playoffs how deep do they go?

• Cancelled/Suspended
    • Wild Card Round
    • Divisional Championship
    • National Conference Championship
    • Super Bowl
    • Super Bowl Champions!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

It's Officially absolutely NO Preseason Saints football so that means we're gonna officially try for that time of year again, once again!

It's The Official Put Up or Shut Up Thread: 2020 Edition!

This is an annual WhoDatZone tradition where YOU get to make your prediction for all to see for the ages.

This is YOUR chance to make your prediction on how YOU predict the 2020 Saints Regular Season finishing.

These polls will be open until the start of the first Saints game of the Regular Season and then it will lock automatically and won't be unlocked until after the Season is completed. This thread will be locked to the top of the forum for the duration of the 2020 Season. We do this so we can see who made the best prediction overall. This is just for fun, there are no prizes except for all the bragging rights.

Your job, if you choose to accept it is to First, cast your votes in the polls here.

Secondly, go into the comments section and type your selection down and tell us why you chose what you chose.

Third, write below and tell us if you see the Saints reaching the Playoffs or not.

Fourth, if you envision the Saints making the Playoffs, tell us also how far we will go into the Postseason.

It should look something like this Example (not my official vote):

I'm going to vote 8-8!

I can see us going 8-8 because of injuries and Carolina coming on strong. I can see us finishing second overall in the division. I don't see us making the playoffs.

Since we're in a unique year for sports I've added a new line, Cancelled/Suspended. I debated it but it's a real possibility so I added the option for your consideration. 

Good Luck All!

2020, Who Dat!

Maybe 2020 is getting to me.  Or maybe the last few near-misses have really hammered home just how difficult it is to get to and win a Super Bowl.

I think the Saints are a very good team - talented across both offense and defense.

But I think Drew Brees finally shows some age this year - similar to what happened to Brady last year.

I think the Saints finish 10-6 and make the playoffs - still a very competitive team and will be a tough out in the playoffs where I think they win in the WC round and bow out in the Divisional round.

I hope I'm wrong.  I hope we go all the way and send Drew out a champion.

But...well...2020.

I'm not optimistic, I feel there will be a few pauses in the season due to COVID, but the season will eventually continue. I still feel we're a 12-4 team and can show up against anyone, we just have to prove it. We can't win every game but Brees knows, we know and everyone knows this is Brees's final season here so he's going to either pull it off or age will show it's time to move on. We're here, father time calls for everyone but Brees is trying to buck it, time will tell, how ironic.  Even if a worst-case scenario injury-wise happens we have depth at QB I feel we would not miss a beat. It comes down to trenches and we have deep trenches on both sides with a plethora of talent. We have to pay the bills next year so we have to do it now or never. I still see Brees hoisting a second Lombardi and riding off into the sunset, it's the feel good story we all want to see. Buckle in, it's gonna be another bumpy ride but we're in for an epic season regardless. 

I’m going with 11-5 ... but could certainly be better if the injury gods and calls go our way.

I’m saying Super Bowl because if any team deserves it, it’s the Saints.  With the way the last 3 years ended, the Saints are due for some breaks.  

In a season where a veteran team will be very important, with no preseason and players needing to behave, I think a mature Saints team has a good chance to win it all.  And this team has a lot of depth, which is crucial.

10-6, Div round loss.

Tough schedule, better divisional QB play, strange season with lots of unknown variables.

But mostly... please don't break what's left of my heart this year.

I voted the season won't get finished.  I just don't see with how much close contact there is in the NFL and no bubble, that there is anyway there won't be issues.  Baseball had issues with it spreading amongst an individual team but not spreading to teams they play.  Hard to think that with more players on a team that there won't be a spread and that it won't be spread to the opposing team.  My bet is that by week two or three there will be an issue, then week five or six will be another issue and then the season will be canceled.  Hope not but that is my feeling.  If I'm wrong and the season doesn't get canceled, I will go 11-5 and make it to the NFC Championship game.