Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

And the first bidder to get the next naming rights to the Dome is...

5 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

"...penetrating the sports world...."  LMAO!

I caught that too. That's funny right there. 

nolaspe likes this

It's a strange time to have to negotiate a naming rights deal for the Superdome, with the economic issues resulting from the pandemic.    You have to figure the travel industry related companies are not in a position.   I guess Entergy is always a candidate, but they would only be doing it for goodwill, as its not going to generate revenue for them.

You think it would have to be some kind of technology company that wants to get its name out there. The Saints are a successful team, so there should be a lot of prime time exposure for the sponsor.  Zion was the best thing to happen to the Pelicans and their sponsor, Smoothie King.  

Maybe DXC Technology could be a candidate. They just opened an office in New Orleans and have previously been an Indy Car Sponsor.  However, their stock is down about 70% over the past year.

A pretty good article on the naming rights issue:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherdodson/2020/05/19/anticipating-a-new-look-and-new-name-new-orleans-saints-expecting-same-successful-superdome-experiences-for-future-fans/#7b281037fde9

Edited by Boris

While I do think it's funny and smart to catch a little news buzz, this doesn't seem like a serious offer.  Mercedes-Benz had a 10 year deal reported to be between $40-$50 million, so $15 million (unless it's very short-term) doesn't seem to be in the right ballpark. 

With a Super Bowl just a few years away, new renovations going on, College Basketball Final Four coming up and Sugar Bowl and College Football Playoffs ... Don't see the Saints taking less money.