Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herb

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!

33 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, faceman said:

This is a great example of the difference between a winning and losing franchise. Instead of building a O-line around Winston, The Bucs kept drafting Wr's. 

Absolutely....oline is everything. It's astounding that so many teams seem to neglect that unit. I mean look at Seattle....how do you think RW would look behind our line? Or DeSean Watson? and maybe Jamies? We will see....

I would almost never draft a WR with a top 20 pick.....

Bonckers, nolaspe, Richard and 1 other like this

I am going, to be honest with you guys and I am sure I have said it before if we draft an offensive or defensive lineman with every first-round pick forever I will be happy. I was talking with my dad last night about the issues with offensive lineman transitioning from college to the NFL. We have had the discussions here before, but the number of NFL ready o lineman coming to the pros seems to be dropping every year. I was hoping the XFL or the AAF would stick around and give the NFL a place to pull more developed lineman. I know they don't want to do it, but the NFL sooner or later is going to start suffering drastically from the lack of a farm league to send prospects who need work and do not have anywhere to hone their skills. 

nolaspe and Richard like this

I have to say I listened to his radio interview yesterday on WWL and I liked how he interviewed.

Let's see if with better leadership and a few years of life and football experience he matures into a non-issue off the field.

It's easy to sit back and judge anyone on a life we have not lived in surroundings we have not been brought up in.  As a youngster environment is much more important than your substance as an individual because you haven't developed into your own person yet.  

As far as a QB for the Saints...we now have 4 on the roster.  Do we keep him as #2 while using Taysom as a Swiss army knife each game?  Or does Taysom become #2 on gameday with Jamies inactive?  What of our late pick?  Don't think he can make the PS without being picked up.

faceman and nolaspe like this

I say Hill #2 and used in the Swiss Army knife role, Winston #3 and the draft pick on the roster as a special teams player and maybe being worked into a Taysom Hill like role on the offense. 

nolaspe and WhoDatinH-town like this

I see the Bengals have released Dalton, guess he would have been too expensive? He may have been a better choice, but I don't know the financial situation.

Him accepting this low sallary speaks for him in regards of strategic awareness. This dude is 26, if he can get his carreer revived in NOLA, he still can play another 10-12 years. So going to NOLA is an investment in his own future. A smart move.

Bonckers, faceman, Richard and 2 others like this

23 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

I see the Bengals have released Dalton, guess he would have been too expensive? He may have been a better choice, but I don't know the financial situation.

I never thought acquiring Dalton made any sense, he is already an older QB (he will be 33 soon)....and he really isn't that special. Plus he is probably going to be expensive. I think acquiring Jamies on the cheap is a much better move....It wouldn't shock me if he wins the backup job....

Second vid, go to 4:20 to hear about what he's doing for COVID-19 relief on his end... I do think that he's showing signs of maturity, and I can get behind that as far as bringing him in... plus I think Drew and the rest of the locker room will show him how to really conduct himself in the NFL... 

Edited by nolaspe
Bonckers, Uptownsaint and faceman like this