Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Rebirth - Saints vs. Falcons MNF tonight

18 posts in this topic

ESPN is airing the 2006 Rebirth Game tonight - Saints vs. Falcons.  WWL is joining in to try to make it special by broadcasting the radio call from 2006 with Jim Henderson and Hokie Gajan.  WWL is also doing a live pre-game show starting at 4:00 with a lot of the players from that game sharing their thoughts.

It's not live Saints football.  But it should be fun and a chance to relive one of the greatest moments in Saints history.

I think the Rebirth Game's message is one that we need to hear right now.

Steve Gleason, among many others, is going to live tweet during the game tonight.  I don’t think I’ve looked forward to a rebroadcast of a football game so much in my life.

Peyton Manning is doing a New Orleans themed Peyton’s Place on ESPN right now. Great pregame! Lol.

Dang, Sean Payton was so young!

Joe Theissman and Tony Kornheiser calling the game.  I remember how much I hated those two, especially Tony.  Now we have Booger and Joe Testicles and I wish we had Theisman and Kornheiser back.  That's bad. 

I'm recording this.  I'll watch it later so I can fast forward through commercials.  I think I know how this one ends.

Saint ATN, nolaspe and Bonckers like this

I’m enjoying the hell out of this. I was there that night so I’ve never watched the game on tv. Didn’t record it and have only seen highlights of the the block. This is a gem. One of the greatest moments in franchise history. And Drew Brees didn’t even have that great of a game.

nolaspe, Bonckers and Saint ATN like this

I watched with my dad as tonight was his birthday and I brought him and my mom dinner. It was funny my mom said why are you guys yelling at the TV you know what happens. Our reaction was at how bad the commentators were. Some things never change. I watched the whole thing although my dad said he would probably only watch till the blocked punt. 

Saint ATN and nolaspe like this

13 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

I’m enjoying the hell out of this. I was there that night so I’ve never watched the game on tv. Didn’t record it and have only seen highlights of the the block. This is a gem. One of the greatest moments in franchise history. And Drew Brees didn’t even have that great of a game.

The defense dominated that game. We were such a different team back then, I think some aspects of that team I would like to see us go back to (mainly committing to the run game)...

Yeah, having Tony K. do anything sports related is a joke, when I moved to the DC area he was a WP Style section writer, he wasn't even particularly good at that, he moved over to sports sometime in the late 90's early 00's. Then of course he and Wilbon created PTI which was the first of the yelling, screaming "sports" shows...not so much about sports but more about the hosts, which is almost all sports shows today....meh....

Saint ATN, Bonckers and nolaspe like this

Alas, I couldn't watch it since I don't have espn (I'm a cord cutter, lol), but I was able to find and download the full game in HD on youtube... But, hey, at least I got to go to the game in person (thanks Chuck!)... 

Here is ATN, Chuck in the stripes, Ed (old poster who disappeared), Me, Taris, and Drew before the game... things got blurry after the game downtown lol when we hooked up w/ Fetchmonster and partied into the wee hours of the morning... 

91992152_10163409304710444_5801537064889

Last night they reaired the Failclowns collapse. I turned it on just as the Patriots were getting the ball down 28-3 in the third quarter. Not on purpose, but still a great two-night sporting event for me. 

Saint ATN and sailorsaint like this

14 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

You all look so young!! lol  I wonder what happened to Ed?

Well it was 14 years ago...Ed was a loyal guy who took care of his mother and when she passed his sister sold their house and he moved to Las Vegas and disappeared. Haven’t heard from him in years, sadly. Wish him the best, always!

Drew and sailorsaint like this