Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Taysom getting too big for his britches?

13 posts in this topic

If you click on the link then there's a bit more context where he's saying he'd love to play with Brees again by the end of the interview.

I think he's just being honest personally.  He wants a deal that will allow him to look after his family which I believe he deserves.

Fingers crossed a deal gets done with the Saints as I'd hate to see him play for someone else after all the Saints have done for him.

Uptownsaint and WhoDatinH-town like this

I don’t have a problem with that statement. After his RFA status is over (one more year I believe) then someone will give him a chance to compete as a full time QB. If that isn’t the Saints then it will be someone else. 

8 hours ago, fjw70 said:

I don’t have a problem with that statement. After his RFA status is over (one more year I believe) then someone will give him a chance to compete as a full time QB. If that isn’t the Saints then it will be someone else. 

I agree, I honestly think like in Brees interview at the Super Bowl he will come back and yield to TH for 20-30 snaps a game. Much like an RB committee. I don't think we win a super bowl that way, but we could make the playoffs and groom TH. 

negotiation flex, period. The kid has talent, starting talent, dunno, he's been gimmicky and that's all I've seen. He hasn't been injured per se but he plays in such a small part of the overall game that I would need to see significant time with him behind a starting OLine. It doesn't help that the Brees situation hasn't fixed itself either and he's literally waiting so like y'all I don't have a problem with him voicing what he believes, you have to at that level. Brees is coming back and from the sounds of it is prepared to take fewer snaps, that's been tried in the past by other teams doing the 2 QB shuffle and usually doesn't give good results overall history has shown. 

I want a QB that's confident not one that says "I'll just see what comes to me".  Come on man.  He's always said he wants to be a starting QB, that's a life goal, he should chase it with all his might.  I like what he said.  He also said he rather be here with Brees in the right situation.  Brees also said that he's all in on training him next year and if that meant Hill gets 20-30 snaps a game that would be great.  You think Brees is saying that if he doesn't think Hill was good enough?

Maybe he has 13 passes because Coach didn't want him showing off his arm.  The avg NFL fan didn't even learn his name until last year.  They know nothing about him being groomed over the last couple of years.  They (and we) know very little about his practice throws or his film study. 

Either the Saints Coaching staff, along with Brees and some ex coaches, are playing the biggest con game to inflate Hill's abilities to trick someone into giving up a 1st round pick, that they could then some how parlay into drafting the QB they really want.  (that would be a huge con game)

Or ... Yeah, the Saints also think he could grow into a franchise QB.

Bonckers likes this

I think his attitude is mislead. He got famous due to his roll with the Saints. If he had tried to become an ordinary starter at QB in this league, he wouldnt have half the attention he gets now.

It's not about his attitude, it's about his drive.  He just completed his 3rd year in the league.  He's done everything the team has asked of him and more because he's an old school team football player.  But he wants to be a starting QB and believes in himself.  From what Coaches and Players say, he's been on a pretty good growth curve and seems to be on the path of what you would expect from a talented player that had some injuries in college. BTW .. he hasn't demanded anything, he just believes in himself and wants a chance to prove he can do it.  Saints are likely putting a first round tender on an undrafted player ... that speaks for itself.  Unlike any of us, they see him in practice and in the film room every day.

To me, that's exactly the 'attitude' you want out of any QB. 

Well with the way the league is going with all these athletic QBs, why in the world would we let him walk for a draft pic and hope that draft pic is good enough coming out of college?? We have a bona fide athletic QB in house that knows our offense (that plays all the "skill positions" here), is as fast as the Watsons, Jacksons, and Mahomes of the world,  but is much bigger and as WE HAVE ALL SEEN able to "truck" most if not all linebackers and DBs.  

I say make him the #2 lets see more of his arm in certain downs and don't handicap him in that aspect. Let him learn one more year behind the expertise of  Brees and then let him take over after that. 

Richard and Bonckers like this

23 hours ago, SaintsAZ said:

Well with the way the league is going with all these athletic QBs, why in the world would we let him walk for a draft pic and hope that draft pic is good enough coming out of college?? We have a bona fide athletic QB in house that knows our offense (that plays all the "skill positions" here), is as fast as the Watsons, Jacksons, and Mahomes of the world,  but is much bigger and as WE HAVE ALL SEEN able to "truck" most if not all linebackers and DBs.  

I say make him the #2 lets see more of his arm in certain downs and don't handicap him in that aspect. Let him learn one more year behind the expertise of  Brees and then let him take over after that. 

Because if someone offers him crazy money (it is possible, I believe his stock shot up significantly after the playoff loss) and the Saints are not in position to match then we get a 1st round draft pick. The way the team has drafted since Ireland became involved in the personnel process means a 1st round pick is going to be a good one....

That said I hope we can retain him, but nothing is for certain....