Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

The big game

26 posts in this topic

The final selections have been chosen and in over a week we get the final game of the season. We all wish we were in that number and for many reasons we're not. The 2 teams are very good and I honestly would like to see the Chiefs win. Mahomes is the real deal and we can all see why Payton wanted him, Reid wanted him more. Patrick replacing Brees would have been our Young to Montana continuity, it would have been amazing to watch instead we get to watch him play. I'm kinda glad we're not facing him and that team, they are very good across the board and I'd be very nervous facing him in the Superbowl and I would not feel good about winning. I'd believe we'd do well but the kid just seems to have 'it' and 'it' is ungaugable with a talent who can run, think, perform the QB tasks with all the right touches must less his escapism. He's going to be a nightmare for the 9ers. SF will hold their own but Patrick has his entire team believing, he's faced deficits that would have crushed teams and stormed back time and time again. IMO, it's KC's year and I can't crown em yet, but it's going to be an entertaining game regardless, there is no way I could ever pull for the 9ers and I live in the bay and married into a 49er family across the Bay just on the other side of the Golden Gate.

I went to a Barcelona game at their new stadium. It's one of the dumbest stadiums I've ever been to. Well, overpriced crappy food and overpriced drinks to then go sit directly in the sun for houuuuuuuurs. No shade, no cover, just a terrible design, and no parking, literal dusty shell lots that become sand storms upon exit. Just brilliant.

Tinfoil hat fun-time discussion with a few Bay Area locals that brought this up to me, I didn't play in it but thought it an interesting listening to : The NFL also has it's a finger in this IMO, they know the Raidahs are now history in Oakland and the 49ers were dangling with no one going to the games. Then coincidentally this year bam, they're relevant and the locals break out their red jerseys again and voila the Bay suddenly cares that their local team is viable again and pays for tickets to the games after being a laughing stock for years with lots of empty seats. A new stadium, other divisional team gone, NFL interest dropping and voila 49ers in the super bowl! We know L.A. is going the way of the flop and the NFL has to do some lifting in a market to make it viable. 

Some of the locals are skeptical?!? Some are, I personally see a very good 9er team that went toe to toe with us and eeked out a W and a high scoring affair. Interesting thought and concept but too tin foil hatty for my liking but thought would pass along since there is little to no discussions going on and some of you might find it entertaining. I feel bad for my Raider fans, they are in major mourning and there is no coming back now. Family generations are not pleased with the LV locale and some of them will forever bleed their silver and black but others are moving on and not to the 9ers or any team for that matter. It's painful to see as it hits close to home for the many years of Saints uncertainty that we witnessed for way too long. It is what it is. 

Geaux Chiefs!

I think the Chiefs should win. The Niners have no one who can cover Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill. That said Andy Reid is a charter member of the Les Miles school of clock management. he has games where he makes Sean Payton look like Jim Mora. 

Saint ATN likes this

2 hours ago, faceman said:

I think the Chiefs should win. The Niners have no one who can cover Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill. That said Andy Reid is a charter member of the Les Miles school of clock management. he has games where he makes Sean Payton look like Jim Mora. 

Reid is not the best on the field coach (by a long shot) but he may be the best talent evaluator in the NFL...I think the game could go either way....that said, if the 9ers get behind it will be tough for them, the Chiefs can play from behind...we will see what happens...Cheers all

I am pulling for the Chiefs, just not sure if I am going to watch the game. I barely watched any games after the Saints were eliminated. Maybe a total of 15 minutes of gameplay in all the playoff games up until now this postseason. 

Saint ATN likes this

I will always hate the 49'ers.

I Honey Badger to get a ring, so go Chiefs ...

I feel like it could be a really good game, and without the Saints in it, that's all I really hope for  (oh and the 9'ers losing.  I always hope for them to lose and in the most heartbreaking fashion) 

Edited by Uptownsaint
nolaspe and faceman like this

65 toss power trap. It can pop  wide open boys- Hank Stram, First Super bowl I remember and been a fan ever since 

Mr. official- How can 6 of you guys miss a play like that? 

Saint ATN likes this

Once again they abandon the run. They ran on first down and did play action on second down almost every series in the 4th quarter. After gaining 4-5 yards a rush on the run play. Kyle dude if it's working stay with it. 

Actually the game played out pretty much like I thought it would but I thought KC would be coming back from one score down in the 2nd half and pull away in the 4th quarter. 21 points in basically the last 5-6 minutes of the game is insane....Congrats to Reid, Mahomes and the Chiefs, they earned it fair and square....

faceman likes this

On 1/23/2020 at 2:17 AM, fjw70 said:

I am kind of hoping for the 49ers to get screwed by a really bad call. 

Kittle was called for OPI/ It wasn't nearly as bad as Rudolph in our Vikings game. Once again no consistency,but it was the right call. Kittle fully extended his arm to gain separation. Rudolph extended his AND pushed off. I now believe we'll have to blow out every opponent in the playoffs if we are going to win another SB. We aren't getting the calls and I smell a rat. 

Saint ATN likes this

I will say I think the double extension is what got Kittle. The sad part is the ball was placed so well by Garrappolo I didn't think he needed to push off. He still needed to extend to catch it so I don't think the defender had a shot at the ball. 

Saint ATN likes this