Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Aranda leaving for Baylor HC job...

6 posts in this topic

When we finally get all the coaching pieces together, we lose them.  Next year is going to be a disappointing "post - MNC" year.

Par for the course and every championship team from college to the pros gets picked clean of talent after the big game. Continuity is a beast and this makes it near impossible to do. It's even harder in college due to the yearly turnover of senior talent as they move onto life and a few to the pros. 

Bonckers and faceman like this

It's inevitable, reality....actually i'm surprised Aranda hung around as long as he did. Will be interesting to see who they get to replace them, maybe some one already on staff will step up....we will see....

Bonckers likes this

I am curious to see how the offense does with so many players leaving, the play-caller should till be the same. As I understand it Joe did not call the plays. 

Other teams deal with it and I have faith that Coach O will handle this too. 

Yes Brady brought in new plays, but it was Coach O that was seeking a Spread Off w/ RPO.  Steve Ensminger studying, learned, slept at the office most of the year to master this offense.  He called the plays and he is the Offensive Coord.  No knock against Brady, but because of what he brought to LSU, it will be easier to keep it going.

Aranda is a top DC and he will be harder to replace, but LSU is a very attractive job.  They pay great, they recruit top talent and play against the best. 

Coach O has proved he has a vision and knows how to get it.  He has a wealth of experience and a wealth of NFL/College coaching connections.  He has also proved that if he makes a mistake, he'll fix it asap. 

QB is a different story.  They don't make a lot of Burrow's.  But I believe we're in a really good position.  Brennan has the talent and the tools, plus he's been an active part of the team this year.  Behind him is talent and two highly ranked freshman coming in.  And if they don't feel Brennan is ready, I have no doubt they would hit the transfers. 

Another 15-0 is not likely, but I feel good about the future!