Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faceman

Joe Brady new OC Carolina

10 posts in this topic

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28485392/lsu-joe-brady-become-panthers-offensive-coordinator

I'm posting it here because it concerns our Saints. Carolina is about to become dangerous offensively. I was speaking with Brod last night. He told me he's hearing rumors the New Panthers owner is willing to trade the farm in order to draft Burrow 

2 hours ago, faceman said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28485392/lsu-joe-brady-become-panthers-offensive-coordinator

I'm posting it here because it concerns our Saints. Carolina is about to become dangerous offensively. I was speaking with Brod last night. He told me he's hearing rumors the New Panthers owner is willing to trade the farm in order to draft Burrow 

It was inevitable really, I hate that he went to a team in our division. But at 30, how can he not take this job....I really don't think Cincy will trade the pick but we will see....

Not exactly liking that news, Face.  Not thrilled with Joe Brady going to a division rival...just can't even think that he would get to bring Burrow with him.  Just can't, man.

Although the trade to get him would likely cripple the Panthers.

Still...Brady dialing up plays for Joe Burrow and Christian McCaffery?  Scary.

1 hour ago, Saint ATN said:

oh this is NOT good, no bueno at all. 

According to Mike Detillier, he won't be an OC very long. If the Panthers have success offensively next season, he's going to be a HC in 2021. LSU receivers were running routes you see in the NFL. They also had a Qb. who could throw it exactly where the ball needed to be placed.  College has never seen an offense like this before  Peyton Manning wasn't asked to go through the progressions like Burrow was this year when he played at Tenn. 

Slidell Saint and Richard like this

Does not bode well for the Saints or the Tigers. LSU offense just took a major hit. I was really hoping he would stay in BR for a couple years at least.

Not good that a coach that knows the Saints offense in and out is going to a division rival.  Not good for the Tigers offense or morale. 
That being said, I think would be a big step for a 30 year old to jump from OC to head coach. But I can see Brady being a successful OC. 

As to Burrow going to Carolina, I can’t see Cincy giving up a homeboy QB that fell in their hands. That franchise needs to stir up some fan interest, and Burrow would be the guy.

9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Not good that a coach that knows the Saints offense in and out is going to a division rival.  Not good for the Tigers offense or morale. 
That being said, I think would be a big step for a 30 year old to jump from OC to head coach. But I can see Brady being a successful OC. 

Sean Mcvay became a HC at age 30. teams are now starting to take chances with young unproven offensive minded coaches. Kliff Kingsbury is another. Brady's system blows McVay out of the water in my opinion. Mcvay's offense is designed around Goff rolling outside the pocket. Opponents are now showing one defensive scheme and audibling out once the headset cuts off. I might be wrong,but I believe brady is the next great offensive mind in the NFL. 

I hate he goes to Carolina. Hopefully, they don't give him a real QB to work with. I think Cam is done there and they will have to rebuild the whole team hopefully at that point he has moved onto somewhere else as a head coach. Hopefully out of the NFC south and not somewhere like Tampa or ATL. 

Well, the Owner of the Panthers and Coach Rhule have taken away LSU's Passing Game Coach (OC), and put a Saints ex-Coach on their staff as OC.   Then LSU loses Aranda, their DC, to Baylor to fill Rhule's head coaching position. 

Carolina is definitely moving up the Hate Ladder.