Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

Luke Kuechly Retires

9 posts in this topic

Gayle Sayers is still the youngest player at the time of his induction. He was 34 when he was enshrined. I believe Gronkowski ties him,and Kuechly may set the new mark at 33. He was that good. 

WhoDatinH-town and Bonckers like this

2 hours ago, faceman said:

Gayle Sayers is still the youngest player at the time of his induction. He was 34 when he was enshrined. I believe Gronkowski ties him,and Kuechly may set the new mark at 33. He was that good. 

Maybe, but I'm not sure his career was long enough, we will see. I applaud Kuechly for his decision, and I hope he has a good long life after football...I always respected him as a player....

Bonckers and faceman like this

I hate to see i=hsi career end this early, but I feel he should have done this a couple of years ago when he was having multiple concussions. I think He, Gronk, and Luck walking away show players are getting smart about their health. I am happy he can walk away while walking and functioning at a high level. 

Richard likes this

21 hours ago, Bonckers said:

I hate to see i=hsi career end this early, but I feel he should have done this a couple of years ago when he was having multiple concussions. I think He, Gronk, and Luck walking away show players are getting smart about their health. I am happy he can walk away while walking and functioning at a high level. 

Hopefully, he is walking away with health.  We really don't know how it will be long term.   I am sure he was already feeling something to retire at 28.

Bonckers likes this

He definitely was a beast I will say that. I am still surprised he finally walked away I felt he should have a while ago.