Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris

Division Round Games

31 posts in this topic

Don’t know how everyone else feels, but I’m having a hard time watching any football this weekend.    My interest in the NFL is waning.

For one thing, I don’t like any of the remaining teams.  And I really think the Saints had the team to go to the Super Bowl, so I keep thinking the Saints should be playing.  It’s like deja vu.

Finally, it seems like the pregame and talk shows are loaded with horrible Saints lowlights.

All in all, it’s very painful to watch. 

After this weekend, 4 more team’s fans will probably feel the same way.

I'm watching, but this first game is going to be very difficult for me.  I'm still waiting for the pass interference call on #82 just like I'm waiting for the flag on #23 from last year.  Forget the fact that the Saints made far too many mistakes.  Having the season end due to an officiating mistake hurts.  I would have rather lost by 20.  And now 3 straight years losing on the final play, it's just tough.

And now for today's game, we have the team that has benefited twice from our bad luck and the team that I hate with every fiber of my being.  I will begrudgingly rooting for the Vikings today because there is absolutely no way in hell I will root for the Whiners.  I cannot do that.

At this point, I am rooting for the Chiefs to win it all.

My picks for the weekend:

Vikings 13 Whiners 40.  No, I do not think the Vikings will show up today.  This game will be torture.

Titans 20 Ravens 31

Texans 20 Chiefs 34

Seahawks 24 Packers 27

I just turned in the game. The Saints early exist definitely makes it tough. When the Saints sucked it was easy to watch other teams succeed but now I am spoiled. 

Well, it’s obvious the Vikings played their game of the year last week. They just don’t have it today.

That first round bye is crucial.  The stop on the half yard line in the last game of the year for SF against Seattle was one the biggest plays of the year for the Saints, along with Kittle’a long play against the Saints. 

Titans win goes to show you that a great defense and running game win championships.

Who would have thunk, Ravens, Saints and Pats out after losing their first playoff game?

I think KC and the Seahawks move on to play the Titans and 49ers. 

faceman likes this

43 minutes ago, fjw70 said:

I am pulling for the Titans to win it all. Other than that, I don’t really care who wins. 

I’m with you on the Titans. Sick of the rest of them. 🤪

Edited by Boris
WhoDatinH-town likes this

I'm rooting for the Chiefs and then Titans, and then Texans.  I don't really want to see the Seahawks or Packers win it.  In the end though, it is anybody other than the Whiners.  I hate SF more than anybody - yes, even the Falcons, and we all hate the Falcons.  The thought of SF winning makes me sick.

Slidell Saint likes this

Wow, the Chiefs have lost this game.  And it is still 1st quarter.  Blown coverage for a big TD to Stills.  Blocked punt for a touchdown.  And then a fumbled punt inside the 10.  21-0 Houston already.

Wow!  I didn't know you could turn a 24-0 2nd quarter lead into a 28-24 halftime deficit.

What a half!

And the best part of this game...the refs are not being talked about.  What a concept!  Hope I'm not speaking too soon.