Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Pelicans drop a close one to Jazz

6 posts in this topic

Definitely a different, more confident vibe about this team lately.  Yes they lost.  But it was very close with a controversial finish (Ingram got fouled but there was no call).

As strange as it is to say, things are looking up for this team.  Zion got cleared for full five on five practice and his return is coming.

I think this team makes a run down the stretch.  (Article linked is at the Athletic...a pay site).

I watched the game on tv and couldn’t believe it.  Why even have replay?

Isn’t it fitting that the Pelicans get screwed the day after the Saints get screwed.  And the sports media doesn’t care cause it’s the loser Pelicans.

Interesting, if Zion had been fouled it would have been an outrage!🤪

The explanation about the review is the refs can only review a foul that has been called on the floor.  Non-calls can’t be reviewed, which is a stupid rule.

Bonckers likes this

Quote per ESPN from

“The report officially reads that "Gobert (UTA) makes contact with Ingram's (NOP) arm during his shot attempt." It rules the review decision as CNC, which stands for "incorrect non-call."

The report likely won't be much of a surprise to Ingram or his teammates, who argued the call immediately as the refs assessed whether it could be reviewed. It could not, however, as the NBA's coaches challenge system and auto-review procedures do not have a mechanism to retroactively add a foul. Coaches can only challenge fouls called relative to their team, and the review can potentially overturn them.“

New Orleans loses on an obvious no-call.....where have I seen that before......We must be the red headed step children of the professional sports world.