Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew

NFL Top 100 is BS

31 posts in this topic

Sorry but a quick vent/rant.  Willie Roaf, Morten Andersen, Rickey Jackson, Drew Brees all left off. 

I can understand not all of them making it, but not one of them making it, really?  Someone please explain to me how Peyton Manning is better than Drew Brees, also along those same lines, remind me which top 100 player Drew Brees had to throw to for the majority of his career.  Brett Farve on this list over Brees is a joke as well.

Edited by Drew

When I saw the list of finalists, I pretty well knew that Drew was not going to make it. 

First, they were going to add some old timers.

Second, they were going to add QBs with the most championships.  Although, it should be said that Drew has as many as Favre and one more than Marino.

Thirdly, whenever there is an opportunity to screw over New Orleans and the Saints, that is what normally happens. There is a lack of respect.    

At the end of the day, it’s this type of thing that motivates players like Brees. Always underrated.  

Favre has 1 championship and Brees has broken every record of his except his Fing interceptions record. I hope we go to the super bowl and play the Patriots and Destroy them so he can have beaten all of the QB's on this BS list from his era in the biggest games. I am sorry, but none of them own a record he has not broken. NONE! I have been done with ESPN for a while good chance I am done with NFL Network now. I only watch ESPN for a specific game no other content about to do the same to NFL Network. 

Surprised but not surprised. Hate these sort of lists because the bias is strong.

Not sure what more he could do. Despite the records and stats and the comeback and the longevity and bringing a championship to a perennial losing team - They call him a system QB. They call him a Dome QB. They say his W-L record isn’t as good. They say he’s only won one ring. They say he’s never won a  MVP.

The disrespect is palpable.

Drew Brees doesn’t strike me as the type of player that needs motivation. But I hope he channels this snub into a Super Bowl MVP run.

F these types of lists.

thernasty, Bonckers and Drew like this

I was wondering when this thread would be started.  Not one Saint on the NFL top 100 team.  I'm curious what the breakdown is by franchise.  I don't have the energy to figure this out, but I'm sure the Cowboys and Packers dominate this list.  I'm sure the Saints aren't the only team excluded from the list.

Drew likes this

Well the Panthers are not on the list I Believe nor the Texans, but I believe the Jaguars are with Tony Boselli. I would imagine we are the oldest excluded though. I am more pissed for Brees than I am about the Saints not being on it. I am so tired of him being slighted. I hope we win the Super Bowl and he destroys Brady or Lamar Jackson statistically in the game. Just like he did Peyton when he should have won league MVP in 09.

WhoDatinH-town and Drew like this

I agree.  Brees should have been on the list.  He only leads every statistical category for quarterbacks ever.  Touchdowns, yards, completions, attempts, completion percentage, 5000 yard seasons.  Just to name a few.

The fact that he has never won an MVP award is a disgrace.  I think he won offensive player of the year award a few times but Manning or Brady or Rodgers still got the MVP.  And then Matty Melt and Scam Newton have one each.

And I believe he'd have an additional championship or 3 if not for Gregg Williams' stubbornness in 2011, the Minneapolis Mistake 2 years ago, and the screw job last year.

Bonckers, Slidell Saint and Drew like this

Brees not making it, shows you what the NFL is: It only matters what happens on the field (yeah, officials are trying to srew with that, but nothing we can do about that), everything that goes on around the game is marketing to sell the product. The only two guys from the NFL list, that I would put infront of Brees are Montana and Brady, all these other guys are simply nostalgia. Even Manning, who's 2nd SB Ring was won by his team, DESPITE the fact, he was on it, not because of he was on it.

Saint ATN, faceman and Bonckers like this

28 minutes ago, blkngld said:

What would make you think it’s his last season in Nola?

I personally don’t think he’s ready to retire. And of course I have nothing to base that on but my own observations as a fan, which clearly are colored by my feelings of not wanting him to go just yet.

But since coming back from injury he’s playing at an extremely high level. He’s compensated for his diminishing arm strength with amazing efficiency and a devotion to minimizing turnovers. In my certainly biased, fan-clouded opinion, he is still an elite NFL QB playing to his strengths.

And I see no situation where the Saints would decide to move on from him. Not even for Teddy.

Of course if we win it all I can Maybe see him riding off into the sunset. But just as likely the competitor in him will want to defend the title.

Bonckers, nolaspe and louder like this

I thought I saw somewhere that this list was finalized 2 yrs ago which would be the only explanation of this foolishness of Drew not being on the list, but it's still a slap in the face to #9... 

3 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

I personally don’t think he’s ready to retire. And of course I have nothing to base that on but my own observations as a fan, which clearly are colored by my feelings of not wanting him to go just yet.

But since coming back from injury he’s playing at an extremely high level. He’s compensated for his diminishing arm strength with amazing efficiency and a devotion to minimizing turnovers. In my certainly biased, fan-clouded opinion, he is still an elite NFL QB playing to his strengths.

And I see no situation where the Saints would decide to move on from him. Not even for Teddy.

Of course if we win it all I can Maybe see him riding off into the sunset. But just as likely the competitor in him will want to defend the title.

Plus, I think he wants to do all he can to keep Brady from the TD record IMO... 

Slidell Saint likes this

4 hours ago, blkngld said:

What would make you think it’s his last season in Nola?

Brees' 2020 contract, per Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle, will automatically void if he's still on the New Orleans Saints' roster on the final day of the 2019 league year, which he will be. 

He has no contract for 2020, currently, it would be his last until he gets a new contract after the refs screw us out of the postseason, again. 

Bonckers likes this

I also think that he wants to continue playing. However, all of you have to take into account, that he paused 5 weeks, and that this might be the reason why he looks so fresh at the start of the playoffs, compared to last year, where is play was not top notch in December/Januar.

I personally think, that Brady is done. I saw alot of plays, where Brady siomply looked old. Age is something, that catches up with you rapidly. Let's just hope,. Drew will not get caught al leastr for anoither year, even though, I see him retiring, if the Saints win the Lombardi.

Richard, faceman, Saint ATN and 1 other like this

I think he is going to come back for another year or two.  They have talked about some text between him and Brady, and Brees said something about them swapping the touchdown back and forth for a while.  That tells me he plans to continue playing.  Of course, I could be reading too much into it.

But I could see this being the end when he brings home the Lombardi.  You can't end a great career any better than winning the Super Bowl.  Unless you pull the Elway maneuver and win it back-to-back to end the career.

faceman and Bonckers like this

21 hours ago, boricko said:

I also think that he wants to continue playing. However, all of you have to take into account, that he paused 5 weeks, and that this might be the reason why he looks so fresh at the start of the playoffs, compared to last year, where is play was not top notch in December/Januar.

I personally think, that Brady is done. I saw alot of plays, where Brady siomply looked old. Age is something, that catches up with you rapidly. Let's just hope,. Drew will not get caught al leastr for anoither year, even though, I see him retiring, if the Saints win the Lombardi.

He is fresher this year, no doubt. But I think his play late last year was more a factor of the offensive line not being healthy....they are almost completely healthy right now which gives me some hope for this post season....

On 12/29/2019 at 8:56 PM, Drew said:

I'm in denial and refuse to accept/believe that.

He's not done. Look at the sideline shots during his recovery period. He looked liked a caged animal wanting to escape. He not only had the 1000 yd stare, he was exercising his thumb at the same time

3 minutes ago, faceman said:

He's not done. Look at the sideline shots during his recovery period. He looked liked a caged animal wanting to escape. He not only had the 1000 yd stare, he was exercising his thumb at the same time

Very true, he is too competitive to retire now especially after proving he still is playing at an elite level.

Agreed, he's not done. I thought he would be decided to retire pre-season and especially when the injury happened. He has proven to himself and everyone that he is very much a master of his craft, still. This is an outright headache for Loomis and the front office planning-wise as they have to or were planning a post-Brees era or have to have a plan in place and it would be deep into the reality stages as the front office has to be ready for the season to end any game now. Depending on how we finish this team is prime in all 3 phases and he's all acting ageless then we have to continue this if everyone wants to. Will a second ring satisfy Brees? I know we have to sign some major pieces to replicate what we have but if Brees wants to pull an Elway, then we should ride him. 

louder, Bonckers, Richard and 3 others like this