nolaspe

N/S: Ron Rivera fired...

11 posts in this topic

New billionaire owner obviously wants his own guy.   Rivera is a good coach and always played the Saints tough.  As an opponent, I’m glad he is gone. NFC South won’t be the same without Riverboat Ron!  

Have to think the Panthers will go offense and possibly lure a big name coach from college. 

faceman and Bonckers like this

Well, at least we won't have to hear the cliche "Riverboat Ron" for while since it would appear the boat has sunk.(*gurgle*gurgle*)

I think they need to fire their GM as well. Not that he is a bad coach, but the Panthers are shortening the career of McCaffrey. I am not going to complain, but the touches he has since being in the league is crazy!

On 12/4/2019 at 11:56 AM, Bonckers said:

I think they need to fire their GM as well. Not that he is a bad coach, but the Panthers are shortening the career of McCaffrey. I am not going to complain, but the touches he has since being in the league is crazy!

True. The Titans did the same thing to Eddie George.   At least Kamara splits time as a WR.  

Bonckers likes this

It never was Ron Riveras fault for the panthers decline its the gm. Rivera didnt have much say on who they brought in. Like you guys have said he wont be unemployed for long. Hes a damn good coach.

phil likes this

Agree with you guys ....

River Boat Ron has never been a bad coach. His Panthers always gave us fits.

Any chances of him catching on with us you think?????

Bonckers likes this

9 minutes ago, phil said:

Agree with you guys ....

River Boat Ron has never been a bad coach. His Panthers always gave us fits.

Any chances of him catching on with us you think?????

I doubt it.  He'd want to be a defensive coordinator at worst.  And we already have one unless someone wants Dennis Allen for head coach.

faceman likes this

15 hours ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

I doubt it.  He'd want to be a defensive coordinator at worst.  And we already have one unless someone wants Dennis Allen for head coach.

That's what I figured. No reason to move on from Dennis Allen if we don't have to.