Boris

Saints vs Panthers

27 posts in this topic

Ironically, I’m going  to be watching this game at a bar in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina today🤪

If the Saints can slow down Christian McCaffrey, I think we can win big against the Panthers.  And it looks like Kyle Allen is starting to play more like Cam these days.

Still, history says the Panthers are desperate and will keep the game close.  I say:

Saints 27 Panthers 16

WhoDatinH-town likes this

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ironically, I’m going  to be watching this game at a bar in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina today🤪

One of the best areas of the country that I have been in.  My son did a co-op in Western North Carolina for almost 6 months, I was so jealous.  It is God's country there and if you like craft beer, Ashville is the place to be.  What town are you in?

Right outside of Asheville.... I agree, it is a beautiful place...  still have some of the changing leaves remaining, and the people  are very friendly.  

Lots of breweries  ....  from a climate and natural beauty perspective, totally different  from New Orleans. 

and just went to the local Supermarket in full Saints regalia,  ..... I don't think anyone even noticed :)

Edited by Boris
faceman likes this

At least the refs are consistent. Consistently crappy.

This game is a joke. We haven't done ourselves any favors, but there is no way we win this game with the zebras this stacked against us.

A cynical man could postulate that the league is not interested in more than one Nola home game this postseason. 

The kicker played a huge role, but even if he makes the FG we might go down and tie or win.  Refs played a huge role, and Cam’s dumb play changed the game and the momentum.  That was a really a big play.

Saints had 12 penalties for 123 yards, gave 5 1st downs to the Panthers, while they had 3 penalties for 25 yards.   Are we really that much worse than the opponents... do they play that much cleaner than us?   But this is a trend.   That had just much of an impact as the kicker.

faceman, phil, thernasty and 1 other like this

21 minutes ago, Boris said:

The kicker played a huge role, but even if he makes the FG we might go down and tie or win.  Refs played a huge role, and Cam’s dumb play changed the game and the momentum.  That was a really a big play.

Saints had 12 penalties for 123 yards, gave 5 1st downs to the Panthers, while they had 3 penalties for 25 yards.   Are we really that much worse than the opponents... do they play that much cleaner than us?   But this is a trend.   That had just much of an impact as the kicker.

All true. And all put us in the position  we were in.

If nothing else changes in that game and their kicker doesn’t miss three routine kicks, we lose. Because of all of those factors you mentioned.

Bonckers likes this

29 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't know if this is the right place, but that was Cam's 6th penalty.

Of his career!!  

Bonckers likes this

7 minutes ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

Cam is a great player, one of the best to wear a Fleur de Lis ... he is such a great role model and does so much for the community.

But it was still a dumb penalty, and it changed the game.   We had them stopped deep in their territory and would get the ball probably close to the 50... instead we negate a 10 yard loss, give them 15 yards and in business at the 40, which ended in a TD and killed the clock, with the Panthers getting the second half kickoff. 

Bonckers and faceman like this

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Cam is a great player, one of the best to wear a Fleur de Lis ... he is such a great role model and does so much for the community.

But it was still a dumb penalty, and it changed the game.   We had them stopped deep in their territory and would get the ball probably close to the 50... instead we negate a 10 yard loss, give them 15 yards and in business at the 40, which ended in a TD and killed the clock, with the Panthers getting the second half kickoff. 

Agreed. Dumb penalty but no one wants to run him out of town. 

phil and Bonckers like this

5 hours ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

quote from Cam, he is a man and owned up to it :

kmhdy5osikwerduxt94r

**DE #94 Cameron Jordan **

(on his personal foul penalty)
"I finally came around the corner of the tackle. I saw Demario Davis had the quarterback wrapped up. Immediately, I knew he (Kyle Allen) was going to swing around. I was trying to punch the ball out. The whistle blew and I came off it. The personal foul happens. That is a bonehead move. I heard that whistle and tried to stop, but it ended up hurting the team. As fast as we go, we try to give 100 percent on every play. You can't end up hurting y our team like that, so that's on me. It was a straight punch to the ball, but that is something that I have to be aware of. I'm trying to make a big play and ended up hurting the team. That is something that I have to deal with myself."

Edited by Boris
fjw70, OzSaint, faceman and 3 others like this

On 11/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, Boris said:

Right outside of Asheville.... I agree, it is a beautiful place...  still have some of the changing leaves remaining, and the people  are very friendly.  

Lots of breweries  ....  from a climate and natural beauty perspective, totally different  from New Orleans. 

and just went to the local Supermarket in full Saints regalia,  ..... I don't think anyone even noticed :)

My great great paternal grandfather hails from Asheville. We still have family living in the area. You're right. It's beautiful place 

Drew likes this

20 hours ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

quote from Cam:

kmhdy5osikwerduxt94r

**DE #94 Cameron Jordan **

(on his personal foul penalty)
"I finally came around the corner of the tackle. I saw Demario Davis had the quarterback wrapped up. Immediately, I knew he (Kyle Allen) was going to swing around. I was trying to punch the ball out. The whistle blew and I came off it. The personal foul happens. That is a bonehead move. I heard that whistle and tried to stop, but it ended up hurting the team. As fast as we go, we try to give 100 percent on every play. You can't end up hurting y our team like that, so that's on me. It was a straight punch to the ball, but that is something that I have to be aware of. I'm trying to make a big play and ended up hurting the team. That is something that I have to deal with myself."

24 minutes ago, faceman said:

My great great paternal grandfather hails from Asheville. We still have family living in the area. You're right. It's beautiful place 

Its a picture perfect day here in Black (and Gold)Mountain

Edited by Boris