Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

N/S: Jags bend Rams over the barrel for Ramsey...

23 posts in this topic

Well, the other kicker is the fact that they will have two brand new outside corners starting this Sunday with them dealing Peters to the Ravens, and putting Talib in IR they will still have issues for at least a couple of weeks. If Roby is their number two they will be in trouble for the rest of the season. 

It will be difficult for Ramsey to be more of a distraction than Peters.

Rams figure to pick late in the first round in the next two years, so to get an All Pro CB, combined with the need is not that bad of a deal, provided they can afford to keep him with all the big salaries on their roster.

Basically, we gave up the same thing for Davenport, and he is improving, but not an all-Pro. 

Bonckers likes this

This is the Rams philosophy...make big splashy trades and free agent signings...I think they are about to find out that "win now" mode catches up to teams rather quickly...Can you imagine not having first round picks 2 years in a row?

Bonckers, Saint ATN and louder like this

16 hours ago, Boris said:

Rams figure to pick late in the first round in the next two years, so to get an All Pro CB, combined with the need is not that bad of a deal, provided they can afford to keep him with all the big salaries on their roster.

Basically, we gave up the same thing for Davenport, and he is improving, but not an all-Pro. 

But a big difference between what the rams did and what we did for Davenport is the fact that he's our draft pick. We control the player for 5 years, not a half season

Bonckers and louder like this

12 minutes ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

But a big difference between what the rams did and what we did for Davenport is the fact that he's our draft pick. We control the player for 5 years, not a half season

They have this season and next (5th year).. and the ability to franchise him.  He is going to get top money one way or the other.  My issue is how can the afford all the big contracts they have plus Ramsey?

Bonckers and boricko like this

17 hours ago, Boris said:

First round picks come with a 5th year option. The Rams will miss those picks.Davenport is also not making 13 mil a year like Ramsey. The Rams now have the highest paid Qb.Rb,DT and the 5th highest paid Wr. We've had bad cap years,but Loomis never had to deal with 4 players at the top of the league salary wise. The Rams are in trouble if they don't win now. I believe the Ramsey signing is nothing more than a 1.5 year rental. The Rams problem isn't defense. It's the O-line. The Niners went through them with ease. 

Saint ATN, louder, nolaspe and 1 other like this

Those 5th-year options are a reason you can keep balance in that 4th year no matter what team you're rooting for. The Rams are in win it at all costs now mode, which usually doesn't end up well. I look forward to their further decline. They just put another Safety on IR today in Johnson, injuries are taking a major toll. 

Bonckers, faceman and nolaspe like this

55 minutes ago, Boris said:

They have this season and next (5th year).. and the ability to franchise him.  He is going to get top money one way or the other.  My issue is how can the afford all the big contracts they have plus Ramsey?

The next CBA will be in 2021. The players want the franchise tag removed. The owners want a 18 game season. Imo, I see both happening. I also see Ramsey signing with the higest bidder. There is no way for the Rams  to make him the highest paid Cb while carrying Goff's,Donald's,Gurley's and Cook's salaries. They also have to resign Cooper Kupp who is a better Wr. than cooks imo again. 

I

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Not so hard to explain.

In this table

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

look at the column "Dead Money". It reflects the amount of money that was handed out in advance. Six players are in the +10Mio range. And with Ramsay the 7th is incoming.

They sold out their future for today. If they miss the playoffs this year, wich is very likely, if they dont go on a hotstreak, now. They will be in deep trouble.

Edited by boricko
faceman, Saint ATN and Bonckers like this

I have no doubt his mind was on football, but more towards the business side of it. He was taken off the injury report today for his back he was a full participant. Deon Sanders said there was a big philosophical difference between him and someone in the front office. He and Deon were close I am assuming because they both played at FSU. Deon also said it wasn't the Head Coach or the owner who Jalen loved. Well, that only leaves Tom Coughlin. Realistically Coughlin is a hard-nosed no-nonsense type of guy who has been known to rub some people the wrong way. I believe that is what happened here. Ramsey went on record to say he felt disrespected and he would not resign in Jacksonville for any money. 

I feel this was a mistake for the Rams. They are renting him because they will not be able to pay him. I feel they are trying to win now when they still have Wade Phillips as DC. How much longer will Phillips still want to coach? I think that is their rush. Once they lose Philips there is no guarantee they will be any good moving forward. I truly think that is their major push. They way overpaid for a QB who cannot read defenses and call audibles. That and the Gurley deals alone will do them in. Not mention overpaying for Cooks as well. yes he is a good player, but realistically he is a one-trick pony who has had numerous concussions. I truly believe they will vut bait with Gurley not this upcoming offseason but the one where they would have to extend or franchise Ramsey. That I believe is their first chance to cut him and not take too big of a cap hit. They need to rework their O line and move on from Cooks this offseason. 

faceman likes this

Now any player that doesn't like the situation he's in he's gonna pitch a fit demand to be traded. It ain't right I don't like that crap. People can say whatever to justify it but it ain't right. I don't want players like that don't care how much talent.

19 hours ago, faceman said:

First round picks come with a 5th year option. The Rams will miss those picks.Davenport is also not making 13 mil a year like Ramsey. The Rams now have the highest paid Qb.Rb,DT and the 5th highest paid Wr. We've had bad cap years,but Loomis never had to deal with 4 players at the top of the league salary wise. The Rams are in trouble if they don't win now. I believe the Ramsey signing is nothing more than a 1.5 year rental. The Rams problem isn't defense. It's the O-line. The Niners went through them with ease. 

Exactly, for most of the game our defensive line was able to get to Goff....their offensive line is not aging well....I hope that jerk Whitworth goes out on a fail of a season....

faceman likes this

11 hours ago, The gun slinger said:

Now any player that doesn't like the situation he's in he's gonna pitch a fit demand to be traded. It ain't right I don't like that crap. People can say whatever to justify it but it ain't right. I don't want players like that don't care how much talent.

I agree I would prefer team-first players, but I will add this how many times have we seen teams cut a player when it was better for them and not the player. As the years go on I more understand the hold outs, and demands for trades when it comes to contract negotiations. 

3 hours ago, sfidc2 said:

...I hope that jerk Whitworth goes out on a fail of a season....

You're getting your wish. He hung around a year too long. He's getting pushed around and it won't be improving 

Bonckers likes this

On 10/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, Saint ATN said:

So reading between the proverbial lines we should all look for and expect questionable calls against every team the Rams play from here on out. Judging from how the officiating has gone thus far this season it isn't far from the realm of reality. 

Don't ever underestimate how badly the NFL and the Rams want that new stadium and LA team to succeed, quickly. Ramsey trade included.

As if I need to say that around here.

Bonckers likes this

I think there is No way the Rams give up 2 no 1’s and don’t resign Ramsey .. 

They will do what they have to do to keep him. 

I’m sure the league will find a way to help them.

Bonckers likes this