Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonckers

Alvin Kamara DNP and Questionable

21 posts in this topic

It would be bad if he did not play, but I feel he was sat out to rest the ankle. He was limited yesterday with the ankle. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/alvin-kamara-doesnt-practice-questionable-for-sunday/

Alvin Kamara doesn’t practice, questionable for Sunday

Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2019, 3:55 PM EDT
gettyimages-1179655165-e1570823722834.jp
Getty Images

The Saints added running back Alvin Kamara to their injury report on Thursday because of an ankle injury and they may be adding him to their inactive list ahead of Sunday’s game against the Jaguars as well.

Kamara was limited in Thursday’s practice, but he didn’t practice at all on Friday. The Saints have listed Kamara as questionable for Sunday’s game and the timing of the injury suggests he’ll be limited if he does take part in the contest.

Latavius Murray would be in line for a bigger role in either case. Murray did not practice on Friday for what the team termed personal reasons.

The Saints ruled out quarterback Drew Brees (right thumb), wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith (ankle) and defensive end Trey Hendrickson (neck).

A recent article states it is a high ankle type injury. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/report-alvin-kamara-has-high-ankle-type-issue/

Report: Alvin Kamara has “high ankle-type issue”

Posted by Charean Williams on October 15, 2019, 8:28 PM EDT
gettyimages-1175945047-e1571185705288.jp
Getty Images

Saints running back Alvin Kamara has a “high ankle-type issue” that will limit him in practice this week, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports.

Kamara still has hope of playing Sunday against the Bears, Pelissero adds.

The Saints added Kamara to the injury report Thursday. He was limited that day and didn’t practice Friday, earning a questionable designation.

Kamara played 39 of 66 offensive snaps against the Jaguars.

He had 11 carries for only 31 yards and seven catches for 35 yards. Latavius Murray was the team’s leading rusher.

Just two more game to get through and the the bye, and then hopefully Brees and PJ will be back and Kamari will be healthy and the Saints will be ready for the playoff run. 

Bonckers likes this

We need to roll with Murray and rest Kamara we gonna need him down the stretch. I knew this would happen. He's not a bell cow type of back,he can't take that much of abuse. I just don't know why we never got Murray going yet. The guy is a beast that's not being utilized.

9 hours ago, The gun slinger said:

We need to roll with Murray and rest Kamara we gonna need him down the stretch. I knew this would happen. He's not a bell cow type of back,he can't take that much of abuse. I just don't know why we never got Murray going yet. The guy is a beast that's not being utilized.

Actually he is only averaging about 20 touches a game, hardly bell cow type numbers....I thought as Murray becomes more comfortable in the offense he will get more time and touches, now he will likely get them out of necessity....I hope he builds on the Jax game where he was very good....

Well, that is a gut punch to have Cook and Kamara out. Looks like Josh Hill, and Taysom Hill will be playing a lot of snaps at TE. Wonder if we call up Barrett from the PS to have a 3rd QB on the roster on game day?

On 10/16/2019 at 5:30 AM, fjw70 said:

Just two more game to get through and the the bye, and then hopefully Brees and PJ will be back and Kamari will be healthy and the Saints will be ready for the playoff run. 

If it is a high ankle sprain, I wouldn't count on it. They are much worse than a low ankle sprain. Pat Swilling said it was the worst injury he suffered during his playing days. He said it took him 8 weeks to be 100% again. I remember the above interview after Rickey Williams suffered one in the final preseason game in his rookie season. Rickey played through it,but wasn't able to make those subtle cuts until midway through the season. Kamara's game relies heavily on his cutting ability. Let's hope it's not as bad as Williams was. 

Bonckers likes this

I wanted Kamara to sit last week but that didn't happen and he tweaked his knee to go along with the high ankle sprain. My boy Face is dead on correct,just hope it's not serious and he's back out there doing his thing sooner rather than later. I remember Pat Swilling going down with a high ankle sprain,he was out for 3 or 4 games but was never 100% the rest of that season. I had one back in the day. I played TE and man it hurt like a mother. I was able to play the rest of the season but I wasn't the same. I hope he's not out for too long.

Bonckers likes this

triplett_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer 

The Saints promoted TE Dan Arnold from their practice squad, giving them another pass-catching option with Jared Cook out. They waived newly-signed TE Brian Parker.

thernasty likes this

3 hours ago, thernasty said:

Dan Arnold!! So perplexing... One play he makes a finger tip catch that can make OBJ jealous, the next he drops a 3rd down conversion in his paws. Hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

Me too, we will need him this week. hope he can come through.