Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Mudbug

What can we do to score in future games until Drew is back???

16 posts in this topic

Hi, welcome to the Zone. Well, a W is a W is a W. Ugly as tho this game was the D stepped up and forced the tempo. The offense is still Teddy gelling with the team. Teddy got to play behind the 2nd line and worse in the preseason and it shows. Murray ain't Ingram but he's getting the touches and continuing drives. We still very much need a second WR to take the pressure off MT. Cook has been helpful in taking away the double team but no second receiver has stepped forward. Ginn ain't the answer and his inability to catch a ball in his hands led to a turnover and points. 

It all falls on the O Line. They are inconsistent and had penalties that have stalled drives and a few tonight. McCoy is new and he's trying his best and he's going to be an asset for the next decade but he's still learning the game as a center in the NFL as a rookie. Once the game slows down for him, just watch, he's going to dominate his position for years. The O Line has not gelled as a group yet but is flexing at times. Peat can go from dominant to whiff. Armstead whiffed tonight and let his QB get sacked. We need to keep plugging away at the line and the rest will fall into place. 

I'm surprised we're 3-1, honestly and I'm fine with it. We have issues still to work out and once we get the line flowing consistently and not killing drives we'll put up more points. 

We played two very good defenses, so at this point, I am not panicking if we have problems in the next two then I will be concerned. We only scored Field Goals last year against the Cowboys with Drew so. 

nolaspe and louder like this

We played a very good DLine last night and they gave our boys fits all night. Amstead was manhandled all game and Peat was inconsistent again. McCoy did well but still brain cramped and gave up a few penalties at crucial times in drives. Warford whiffed a few as well. Gotta give some serious props to Teddy for gutting it out and he still played mistake-free football, for the most part, considering his line wasn't consistently helping him out. Look what their failures did to Drew. If this OLine finds it's legs we're going to go far. 

nolaspe and Bonckers like this

I mentioned this in chat last night, outside of our OL play issues/flags, the biggest thing we're lacking on offense IMO is another legit WR outside of MT. Ginn is hot/cold and the rest are limited at best. We need to figure out a way to get back to the days when we had dependable guys all around, not all-world but good enough to let the ball get spread around: Colston-Meach-Lance-Devery. Honestly, if Dez is healthy, bring him in and kick the tires, the guy loves us and may have something left. No other WR on our roster has instilled any confidence in me and neither has Cook so far. We know Teddy is no Drew, but it can't all fall on MT to be the guy. 

Also, welcome to the WDZ Mr. Mudbug, we're glad to have you aboard... 

Edited by nolaspe
Bonckers likes this

Honestly, we need a solid number two, and it looked like Smith was turning into that before the injury. We could try and bring Dez back, also I heard AJ Green is on the trading block when he gets back. 

That I don't think anyone knows. You know Payton loves to keep all injuries tight to the vest. Shoot Rankins new weeks before Dallas was the return date. 

When Teddy fully trusts what he sees look out. It's gonna take some time he hasn't played a meaningful game in 3 years. I think he's doing fine and he's improving. We do need a second wr. Tre Quan was coming along nicely until his injury hope he comes back soon. The defense seems to be improving all at the same time. They put on a tackling clinic they were impressive and the rest of the league needs to take note,we are only gonna get better.

Bonckers likes this

On 9/30/2019 at 5:27 PM, Saint ATN said:

and keep doing this: 

lmzopujurrp31.png

Don't look now, but we are beginning to join some elite company. The record is 53 by the Reggie White/Jerome Brown Eagles from 89=92. We have a ways to go to top that,but    if we don't allow a Tb runner 100 yards this Sunday we'll tie the 1967 Packers.. Those Packers had 6 defensive starters in the HOF.

https://www.footballperspective.com/longest-streaks-without-allowing-a-100-yard-rusher/