Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

LSU has a passing game again...

5 posts in this topic

Burrow threw for 5 TD's tonight as LSU put up an over fitty burger on GA Southern. Granted, it was GA Southern, but they really aren't slouches, they won 10 games last yr, and it took bama till the 2nd Q today to score on Duke of all teams... LSU went really fast tempo for a bit and Burrow looked real good... I'll post a good highlights vid once it comes out. 

Uptownsaint, Bonckers and Saint ATN like this

The addition of Joe Brady from the Saints as WR coach & passing game coordinator was a great hire by Coach O. The defense has 2011 type talent while the offense has 2013 type but with also a much more pass friendly scheme. WRs Justin Jefferson, Terrance Marshall & Jamar Chase will play on Sundays. Joe Burrow looked to be in full command of the offense & make some really accurate throws.

The Tigers finally quality depth on the defensive line again where they can rotate guys & keep them fresh lead by Rashard Lawrence. The return of K'Lavon Chaisson from last year's ACL tear brings back much need pass rush. Although the great Devin White is gone, the Tigers loads of depth across the LB spots with Michael Divinity, Jacob Phillips, Jarrell Cherry, Patrick Queen & Ray Thornton. Grant Delpit & Jacoby Stevens are jokers are defense that can moved around at multiple positions. They are simply play makers. Kristian Fulton will be one of the first CBs off the board come draft time but the jewel is true freshman Derek Stingley. Get ready to enjoy watching him play over the next 3 seasons. Same goes for true freshman RB John Emery. He is a Saquon Barkley type talent especially when it comes size & the ability to make guys miss with jump cuts. I expect Emery to be eased in this season but by the back end of the season, he may become a household name.

This squad has a 2011 feel to it. I wouldn't be shocked to see LSU beat Texas by 3 scores this Saturday night. I have my doubts about Texas defensively & the Tigers should put up a lot of points while the Texas offense will have their hands full with this Tiger defense. 

If the Tigers handle business in Austin like I feel they will, their playoff hopes will come down to the Bama game. This appears to be a down year for the SEC outside of Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn & LSU. LSU gets all at home Florida, Auburn & A&M at home. After watching Bama vs Duke, injuries at ILB have them vulnerable there. Their offensive line just like last year, isn't as good as previous units. As crazy as this will sound, you have to be able to run right at them. CB Patrick Surtain Jr is really good but I like to see how the opposite corner & their safeties play against a formidable passing attack. Offensively, Tua is as accurate as they come but the true talents on that offense are WRs Jerry Jeudy & Jaylen Waddle. Jeudy is tough to cover because he is lightning quick & super fast. Could be a shootout November 9 in Tuscaloosa.

sfidc2 likes this