Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonckers

Cuts and roster moves thread

34 posts in this topic

Cuts tracker...

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_8ab7b18c-cb5f-11e9-b887-df44d58245eb.html

Refresh this page periodically to update the list.

• Jacquizz Rodgers, RB
  • AJ Derby, TE
  • Ryan Groy, G
  • Fisayo Awolaja, OL
  • Corbin Kaufusi, DE
  • Darnell Sankey, LB 
  • Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR
  • Cyril Grayson Jr., WR 
  • Kayvon Webster, DB
  • Shane Smith, FB
  • Drew Lewis, LB
  • Kerwynn Williams, RB
  • Geneo Grissom, DE
  • Travin Dural, WR

Additionally, linebacker Will Comptonlinebacker Colton Jumper and linebacker Josh Martin were placed on the injured reserve.

Saint ATN likes this

Really was surprised by the Dan Arnold cut, and Banjo. Curious who makes it to the full 53 in the secondary. Also, I thought I read Granderson was activated from the nonreport list and maybe on the 53. Need to see what else I can find on that. Weird to have him on the 53. 

Saint ATN likes this

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-make-roster-reductions-to-53-x7877

Yeah, at the bottom it states:

The following player has been reinstated Exempt/Commissioner Permission

New Orleans Saints make roster reductions to 53

Thumbnail-LogoBlk-2560x1440-050118
NewOrleansSaints.com

The New Orleans Saints made the following roster moves Saturday, Aug. 31 to reach the National Football League-mandated reduction to 53 players, it was announced by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

The Saints terminated the contracts of the following five players:

Name                        Position       Height           Weight          Age    Exp.   College

*Chris Banjo             *S                    5-10                 207               29       6         Southern Methodist

*Michael Burton        *FB                  6-0                   240               27       5         Rutgers

*Ziggy Hood            * DT                  6-3                   305              32       11         Missouri

*Michael Ola             *T                    6-5312               31       6         Hampton

*Sylvester Williams  *DL                   6-2                   328               30       7         North Carolina

The Saints have waived the following 10 players:

Name                        Position       Height           Weight          Age    Exp.   College

*Dan Arnold              *TE                 6-6                 220                24       3        Wisconsin-Platteville

*Emmanuel Butler     *WR                6-4               220                23       R         Northern Arizona

*T.J. Green                *DB                 6-3                215                24       3        Clemson

*Porter Gustin          *LB                 6-5 260                22       R         Southern California

*Marcus Henry        *C                  6-3                  293                26       1         Boise State

*Lil’Jordan Humphrey *WR               6-4            225                21       R        Texas

*Derrick Kelly II         *OL                6-5                  320                24       R         Florida State

*Alize’ Mack             *TE                 6-5                  247                22       R        Notre Dame

*Devine Ozigbo        *DL                 6-0                 225                22       R         Nebraska

*Terrell Williams Jr. *DB          6-4                 212                 23       1         Houston

The Saints placed the following player on reserve/retired:

*Jermon Bushrod     *T                    6-5                 315                35       13       Towson

The Saints placed the following three players on Injured Reserve:

*Marshall Newhouse  *T/G                6-4                 330                30       10       Texas Christian

*Marcus Sherels         *CB/PR           5-10               175                31        9       Minnesota

*Cameron Tom          *C/G             6-4                 300               24        3       Southern Mississippi

The following player was placed on Reserve/Suspended By Commissioner:

*David Onyemata         *DT            6-4                 300                26       4         Manitoba

The following player has been reinstated Exempt/Commissioner Permission:

*Carl Granderson        *DE                  6-5                 261              22       R       Wyoming

Beginning Sunday, the Saints and all 32 NFL teams may establish a practice squad of up to 10 players. The Saints will open the regular season Monday, September 9 when they play the Houston Texans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome at 6:10 pm CT.

Saint ATN likes this

I'm surprised that we let go two very good looking WR in Butler and Humphrey. I hope we can stash them or one on the practice squad. Humphrey could switch to TE but Butler is a nightmare on seam routes but he does need work on his game to be more consistent in gaining seperatation and catch the ball.

Saint ATN likes this

13 hours ago, nolaspe said:

Man, we are WEAK at OL depth...

At tackle .. but Peat is a backup tackle also.... versatility is the key, all the guards can play center.... I’m sure they have a plan if the injury bug hits

Bonckers likes this

44 minutes ago, StLee said:

Saints just traded Biegel to the Dolphins for Kiko Alonso.

I liked Biegel, but with the Ellis kid playing so well I can understand wanting to upgrade at backup LB. I feel Ellis can start in a pinch but would prefer Alonso. I am excited to see the development of Ellis though. Curious to see Ellis on ST's. I guess Robertson will be ready week 1 or you don't make this trade. Because Alonso will not be ready week1. 

Kiko put up some good numbers last year so I like this trade, especially since SP didn't get cute and trade away any picks. Man, the Dolphins are a dumpster fire as they trade away players... I heard Kiko has a rep for playing dirty? Is that true?