Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

The Official Put Up or Shut Up Thread: 2019 Edition!

Official Put Up or Shut Up 2019 Vote!    22 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Close Poll How will the Saints finish the Regular 2019 Season?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16
  2. 2. Will the Saints Make the Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If the Saints Make the Playoffs how deep do they go?

• Wild Card Round
    • Divisional Championship
    • National Conference Championship
    • Super Bowl
    • Super Bowl Champion!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

It's Officially Preseason Saints football so that means it's officially that time of year again, once again!

It's The Official Put Up or Shut Up Thread: 2019 Edition!

This is an annual WhoDatZone tradition where YOU get to make your prediction for all to see for the ages.

This is YOUR chance to make your prediction on how YOU predict the 2019 Saints Regular Season finishing.

This polls will be open until the start of the first Saints game of the Regular Season and then it will lock automatically and won't be unlocked until after the Season is completed. This thread will be locked to the top of the forum for the duration of the 2019 Season. We do this so we can see who made the best prediction overall. This is just for fun, there are no prizes except for all the bragging rights.

Your job, if you choose to accept it is to First, cast your votes in the polls here.

Secondly, go into the comments section and type your selection down and tell us why you chose what you chose.

Third, write below and tell us if you see the Saints reaching the Playoffs or not.

Fourth, if you envision the Saints making the Playoffs, tell us also how far we will go into the Postseason.

It should look something like this Example (not my official vote):

I'm going to vote 8-8!

I can see us going 8-8 because of injuries and Carolina coming on strong. I can see us finishing second overall in the division. I don't see us making the playoffs.

Good Luck All!

2019, Who Dat!

It appear that I'm the 1st to jump in so here goes-

13-3

In the Playoffs

Super Bowl Champions

In this team's history it has never been this deep on both sides of the ball and after last year's "No Call" debacle, I anticipate that this team is going to be angry and nasty. It wasn't a spectacular draft, it addressed needs without reaching too far. McCoy will be a solid anchor for the Offensive line for at least 10 years and the other picks were gravy with value. 

My picks were exactly like Richard's. 13-3 Super Bowl Champs! I really think our boys will not be denied this season. They, even the rooks and new hires, will play with a chip on their shoulder. This is different than coming off of a loss due to a miracle play. We got robbed and they know it. But, they also know that it wouldn't have mattered had they played a better endgame. Both barrels smoking this season.

11-5. 

Super Bowl champions.

Deep and talented team that will not have their season ended short of a Lombardi the way it has the past two seasons.

I’m thinking 10-6 in a more competitive division and a tough schedule, particularly the first 7 games.  The Saints could find themselves digging out of a hole, which isn’t so unusual for them. 

The only way this season could have an ending to top the last two seasons would be to lose the Super Bowl in a heartbreaker.  So I’m predicting it so it won’t happen.

So many things have to happen to make the Super Bowl.  Breaks in games, avoid injuries, get some calls in your favor, etc, ..... we seemed to have things go our way the last couple of years, with the exception of a miracle play and the no-call.   

thernasty likes this

13 - 3 and win the Super Bowl

I think this team is very talented, very deep and very hungry.  They've been close, heart broken; but also humbled.  I feel Brees' leadership makes the difference. 

The schedule is very hard in the beginning, but since this team is deep and experienced it should start fast.  I do believe Brees' needs to be on a 'pitch count', so his arm doesn't wear out.  A fast start, best record will allow Brees' to sit the last week and then have the first round bye.  It'll be great refresher for SB push.

On a Hail Mary/Wing and a Prayer ... I think Brees' wins it all and retires.  Luck decides he really misses Football and just needed a year off to heal.  But Indy has moved on and he wants a fresh start.  Saints trade for his rights and Luck gets a fresh start ... Go Saints!

herb likes this

On 8/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, Uptownsaint said:

13 - 3 and win the Super Bowl

I think this team is very talented, very deep and very hungry.  They've been close, heart broken; but also humbled.  I feel Brees' leadership makes the difference. 

The schedule is very hard in the beginning, but since this team is deep and experienced it should start fast.  I do believe Brees' needs to be on a 'pitch count', so his arm doesn't wear out.  A fast start, best record will allow Brees' to sit the last week and then have the first round bye.  It'll be great refresher for SB push.

On a Hail Mary/Wing and a Prayer ... I think Brees' wins it all and retires.  Luck decides he really misses Football and just needed a year off to heal.  But Indy has moved on and he wants a fresh start.  Saints trade for his rights and Luck gets a fresh start ... Go Saints!

One can always dream the last part happens. I don't think ti will, but crazy things have happened before. 

I think Teddy is still an unknown, at least to us.  We don't get to see him practice every day and when we do see him it's with back-ups.  I'm glad he's on the team, but IF Brees retires and IF there was a chance to get Luck.  I wouldn't think twice about getting Luck over Bridgewater.  (but to be clear, I think it's a dream )

As for Bridgewater longterm - I have trust in Payton, but I doubt he's the true long-term answer.  I just think he's the best option we can have if Brees goes down during our SB window.

Bonckers likes this

2 hours ago, Uptownsaint said:

I think Teddy is still an unknown, at least to us.  We don't get to see him practice every day and when we do see him it's with back-ups.  I'm glad he's on the team, but IF Brees retires and IF there was a chance to get Luck.  I wouldn't think twice about getting Luck over Bridgewater.  (but to be clear, I think it's a dream )

As for Bridgewater longterm - I have trust in Payton, but I doubt he's the true long-term answer.  I just think he's the best option we can have if Brees goes down during our SB window.

I agree with the first part, but to have a pro bowl starting QB hit free agency and access to them is unheard of. So I think if Brees retires after this season we roll with either Taysom or Bridgewater. But back to the first part. The Colts own the rights to Luck, and they did not force him to pay back his signing bonus, because if he comes back they want to retain him. I think in the worst case scenario for them is they choose not to keep him because they have their franchise QB and they trade him. 

4th preseason game over so it's time to prognosticate. 

9-7, no wildcard, no playoffs, I had to select wildcard as there is no, none selection. Will fix that next year. Brees will walk away from the game with no 2nd ring. Injuries take their toll across the board and at key positions and some teams eek out some tight tough wins against us after a slow start, again. We will lose to ATL, twice and they will win the NFC South and St Louis Rams win it all. 

Prove me, wrong Saints!

thernasty likes this

I'll go with exactly what I predicted last year - 12-4, HFA and a Superbowl - whilst continuing to be scared of the officials who have proven that they can take away a year of hard work in the blink of an eye.

Here's to a corruption free season being a happy one!  WhoDat!

Richard and Bonckers like this

I’m changing my pick from 13 - 3 to 12 - 4.  

I believe that this offense won’t run the ball as much this season, and airing it out might cost us a couple of games.   Defense will be better, Davenport finally catches fire, and Butler gets called up by week 6.  

thernasty likes this

I really want to go all in and start scavenging change for Superbowl tix. But I can't help but be altered by last year. My inner fanatic took a real gut shot. And less about the no-call and more about how the league responded afterwards. I only say this in this thread for two reasons:

1. If it sucked that much enjoyment for me, imagine how much drudgery there is for the returning players. I simply can not or will not blame them if they get off to a slow start during a really rough opening schedule.

2. Most of all, I want to come back here and be wrong. I want this team to be angry and full of spite. But I haven't seen that yet. I want to run over 13 other teams on our way to home field advantage. I want Goodouche to hand over the Lombardi to Mrs Benson and Coach P.

I've got a lot of "wants". What I NEED is for this team to make me proud. 10-6 does that, even with a playoff loss. Anything less, I'll understand. Anything more, lagniappe. 

Edited by thernasty

13-3 The defense will be even better than last season while Jared Cook will provide another threat in the passing game. I really wish Keith Kirkwood or Tre'Quan Smith steps up as another legitimate option at WR though.

faceman likes this

1 hour ago, thernasty said:

I really want to go all in and start scavenging change for Superbowl tix. But I can't help but be altered by last year. My inner fanatic took a real gut shot. And less about the no-call and more about how the league responded afterwards. I only say this in this thread for two reasons:

1. If it sucked that much enjoyment for me, imagine how much drudgery there is for the returning players. I simply can not or will not blame them if they get off to a slow start during a really rough opening schedule.

2. Most of all, I want to come back here and be wrong. I want this team to be angry and full of spite. But I haven't seen that yet. I want to run over 13 other teams on our way to home field advantage. I want Goodouche to hand over the Lombardi to Mrs Benson and Coach P.

I've got a lot of "wants". What I NEED is for this team to make me proud. 10-6 does that, even with a playoff loss. Anything less, I'll understand. Anything more, lagniappe. 

I feel you 100% there. My joy is still non-existent and my excitement for the year isn't anywhere near years past. I don't trust the league, but I love my team, I'm f@#*&d. Like you tho, I hope to be wrong as well. 

Bonckers, Drew, Richard and 1 other like this

I've been going back and forth. I usually like to gauge the team after the 3rd preseason game, but the starters no longer go the full half, so hard to judge from that. They being said, the starting team did look sharp in their brief appearances. I think we will miss Ingram a lot with the energy he brought to the team. Kamara is quite capable as a number 1 back, and hopefully Murray will complement him nicely. The games are won in the trenches and I really like our o-line, when armstead is healthy. If he can play 12 games I think we continue to dominate upfront. They will be some rookie moments with McCoy under center, but he seems to be a good replacement for Unger. The d-line also should be improved with davenport and Rankins (soon)healthy, Cam will lead the team with his relentless enthusiasm. 

Considering all that I'm expecting another 13-3 season, with that elusive victory in the nfc championship game. We will march back in to Miami and get Drew his second Lombardi.

Who Dat!!

bigbrod81 likes this