Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Pelicans Summer League

45 posts in this topic

Liking these kids.  Zion was the prize of the draft, but these guys were highly rated prospects...Hayes a legitimate lottery pick at 8. And he and NAW are clearly building some chemistry.

faceman, nolaspe and Bonckers like this

I've watched this game for a long time. I haven't seen this type of elevation since a young Julius Erving. His forehead was level to the rim and he was still rising when he threw it down. The following possession he blocked a layup with his elbow. Freaking unreal. 

nolaspe, Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

Pels finished the regular  summer schedule as the 4 seed at 3-1. They play the 5 seed Miami Heat in the first round of the playoffs later this afternoon at 5:00 central time on ESPN. 

Bonckers likes this

Summer Pels beat the Summer Heat 101-100 in OT. Nickeil Alexander-Walker scored 34 points to lead the Pelicans. Advance to the semi finals vs. the Memphis Grizzlies tomorrow. Summer championship is Monday night.

dtgSaintsFan likes this

Are you F!!ing kidding me?  I set my DVR to record this game.  Just now decided to start it.  And they are showing some F!!ing video game instead?  Seriously?  A F!!ing video game?  What the F!!ing F!! ESPN?  This is F!!ing bull diddly-poo.  I just found it is on ESPNU, and it is half time.

1 hour ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

Are you F!!ing kidding me?  I set my DVR to record this game.  Just now decided to start it.  And they are showing some F!!ing video game instead?  Seriously?  A F!!ing video game?  What the F!!ing F!! ESPN?  This is F!!ing bull diddly-poo.  I just found it is on ESPNU, and it is half time.

The King of Kong was a very telling documentary that I enjoyed. I put up over 600,000 on DK and thought I was the man back in the day. 

Slidell Saint likes this

It wouldn't have been a big deal if I had watched it live since it was shown on ESPNU until that event finished.  Just annoyed me, and I wanted to vent about something about the weekend I've had.  Late night work calls on Friday night and Saturday night SUCK!!!  Ha

Slidell Saint and faceman like this

16 hours ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

Pelicans lost by 2 in overtime.  They were down 1 with a shot to win it, but Alexander Walker was fouled and the refs called a travel for some unknown reason.

The game should have never gone to overtime, young players sometimes make foolish mistakes, the Pels could have run the clock down to almost nothing and got fouled but dunked the ball with too much time left....

Slidell Saint likes this

8 hours ago, sfidc2 said:

The game should have never gone to overtime, young players sometimes make foolish mistakes, the Pels could have run the clock down to almost nothing and got fouled but dunked the ball with too much time left....

There was that too.  The dunk was nice, but he should have tried to run the corner and burn a few more seconds and let them foul.