Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidell Saint

Pelicans Summer League

45 posts in this topic

Roster released - note it says subject to change.  The games start July 5, but the trades that landed us Jaxson Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker won't be effective until July 6.  At that point they can be added to the Summer League roster and I bet we see them for the remaining games.

First game is Friday night against the Knicks and Zion's college teammate RJ Barrett.

40 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

Zion looking a little heavy/out of shape tonight. 

I was thinking the same thing.  The announcers more or less said that too.  But he has made some nice plays.  I loved it when he ripped the rebound away from that one guy and then dunked it.

His shot looks a bit awkward.

Slidell Saint likes this

Zion is done for the night. Won’t return in the 2nd half.

Finished with 11 points and a couple of highlight reel dunks.

This is a trip.  Game is on hold due to an earthquake.  The scoreboard and speakers are still swaying.  Sounds like it impacted Dodger Stadium too, so this must have been a sizable one.  I think the announcers are a little freaked out.  I'm sure I would be too.  I've never experienced an earthquake.  And I hope I never do

Edited by dtgSaintsFan

10 hours ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

Just heard it was a 7.1.  Damn.

A friend of mine in CA. posted on his FB page he had just witnessed his first earthquake a few days earlier. I hope and pray they are done for now. 

My brother in law is retired Navy. He was stationed in Japan in 1984 when a 7.8 quake hit. He was on the 80th floor of an apartment building. He said

one minute you're looking at the street,and the next    you're looking at the sun. I would have had a heart attack.        

12 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

Truth! The big aftershock is Clippers signing Kawhi and trading for Paul George. No one saw that one two punch coming!

Love it!  Screw the Lakers and AD!

Yeah everyone said he had gained about 15 pounds and explained it away as not working out dealing with the NBA draft. Made it sound a lot like the Robert Meachem rookie offseason. Eating too much, and too many appearances affecting schedule to workout. 

faceman likes this

Good precautionary move. We saw enough last night to know we got a generational talent. But he has to get into NBA game condition before he gets on the court again.

faceman and nolaspe like this

1 hour ago, Bonckers said:

Yeah everyone said he had gained about 15 pounds and explained it away as not working out dealing with the NBA draft. Made it sound a lot like the Robert Meachem rookie offseason. Eating too much, and too many appearances affecting schedule to workout. 

It's called the banquet circuit and for good reason. Zion isn't the first, nor will he be the last athlete to be affected by it. 

Slidell Saint and Bonckers like this