Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Another reason to love Anzalone...

8 posts in this topic

It almost makes me forgive him for being a gator... almost lol... good stuff... 

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-linebacker-alex-anzalone-dogged-in-his-desire-to-assist-arno?fbclid=IwAR3sxDDsxLZF4iZlQgSoXs9kE50O3a57QNxxWLDJoQ3p5HfX7AxBoSMldNU

The interactions were, in a word, “golden.”

Alex Anzalone smiled easily, laughed genuinely and operated dutifully while he nuzzled, hugged and steered. The dogs with which he was being photographed weren’t totally attentive to all commands, and perhaps that made the session at Animal Rescue New Orleans all the more adorable.

Imagine the New Orleans Saints’ 6-foot-3, 241-pound linebacker talking baby talk, trying to convince each of six dogs (in separate photo shoots) to look toward the camera, or sit still long enough to strike a pose, or not wriggle as he cradled them or, in one instance, held one up for a Simba-style presentation.

This isn’t the Anzalone that Saints fans are accustomed to seeing.

That guy – blonde hair flowing from beneath his helmet, almost lengthy enough to cover the name across the back of his jersey – doesn’t handle opponents with any measure of delicacy.

Edited by nolaspe
Bonckers and The gun slinger like this

13 hours ago, nolaspe said:

It almost makes me forgive him for being a gator... almost lol... good stuff... 

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-linebacker-alex-anzalone-dogged-in-his-desire-to-assist-arno?fbclid=IwAR3sxDDsxLZF4iZlQgSoXs9kE50O3a57QNxxWLDJoQ3p5HfX7AxBoSMldNU

The interactions were, in a word, “golden.”

Alex Anzalone smiled easily, laughed genuinely and operated dutifully while he nuzzled, hugged and steered. The dogs with which he was being photographed weren’t totally attentive to all commands, and perhaps that made the session at Animal Rescue New Orleans all the more adorable.

Imagine the New Orleans Saints’ 6-foot-3, 241-pound linebacker talking baby talk, trying to convince each of six dogs (in separate photo shoots) to look toward the camera, or sit still long enough to strike a pose, or not wriggle as he cradled them or, in one instance, held one up for a Simba-style presentation.

This isn’t the Anzalone that Saints fans are accustomed to seeing.

That guy – blonde hair flowing from beneath his helmet, almost lengthy enough to cover the name across the back of his jersey – doesn’t handle opponents with any measure of delicacy.

As an FSU fan, it makes it hard to cheer for UF players, but once they join the Saints I don't see them that way anymore. Same thing for when they join another team like when Jameis went to TB, or when Kelvin Benjamin went to Carolina dead to me. Although honestly, I was ready for Jameis to leave. He became a huge headache and I doubt he ever grows up. I think talent and football smarts he was off the charts. Could have been a great one, but he can't stay out of his own way. Only QB I ever saw Jimbo allow to do complete audibles on the field.  He trusted him more than anyone I ever saw at QB. 

faceman likes this

Anzalone is one example of the high character guys we have been drafting since Ireland came on board. If Anzalone stays healthy hes gonna have a break out season. He seems to have found a home as MLB.

louder likes this

8 hours ago, The gun slinger said:

Anzalone is one example of the high character guys we have been drafting since Ireland came on board. If Anzalone stays healthy hes gonna have a break out season. He seems to have found a home as MLB.

100% agree.  He and Davis are consistent playmakers at the LB position.  Haven’t had that since Vilma and Fujita.  Now that I think of it, Klein seems like a slightly faster version of Shanle.  

Davis is a total beast.  Love his play.

Anzalone is no slouch.  If you watch his youtube highlight reel, watch his hands.   Very violent!  If football does not pan out, he may be a great MMA pugilist.

The gun slinger likes this

On 7/19/2019 at 11:37 PM, xardoz said:

Davis is a total beast.  Love his play.

Anzalone is no slouch.  If you watch his youtube highlight reel, watch his hands.   Very violent!  If football does not pan out, he may be a great MMA pugilist.

I've seen Anzalone's highlights but have you seen Davis'.  He is a total STUD!

Bonckers likes this