Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard

WDZ game

26 posts in this topic

I was invited by Dave E to come down to see him in October and also take in a Saints game October 6th. I got to thinking it's been a while since we've had an official WDZ game where we would have the opportunity to see some of our fellow posters that we haven't seen in a while. For me it's been 13 years since I've been to a Saints game much less see fellow 'Zoners, besides the WDZ is celebrating their 20th anniversary this year and that alone warrants a get together. I figured if I brought this up early enough folks could arrange to make the game. I welcome your input-Who Dat!

I would be interested in doing this. Let me know which game. I may take my dad to one. I went last year with my ex, but he hasn't been to a game since 06.

I’m interested.  Let me know which game. 

I haven’t seen the whodatzone crew since the NFC championship game  in 2009. 

I was referring to the Tampa Bay game on October 6th for the get together, it will likely be the only game I will have the opportunity to attend.

Bonckers likes this

The Misses and I would consider deferring the first game and coming for this one. She's been giving me grief for years going to the first game as it's hotter then. I spoke to her and she's down if you all decide on the TB game. 

Man, that sounds like a lot of fun but not certain if I can swing a trip in the fall with a bunch of other things going on but I will see if I can make it work.  Had a blast with you and everyone years ago at the first WDZ game I went to which I think was 2003 and also the unofficial get together we had for the reopening of the dome in 2006.

Bonckers likes this

Folks, as the season rapidly approaches, I decided to pin this thread so that we can work on getting together for this game. If anything, we need to celebrate the fact that the WDZ is 20 years old and this would be a great opportunity!

Bonckers, faceman and Drew like this

I'm terrible at logging in these days, but count me in for the WDZ game! I'm OG on this site--I was a fresh 21 when I was recruited here and now rocking my 40s!--and I have an emotional attachment to many members here. I would LOVE to be in that number for the WDZ meetup. 

faceman likes this

Well I should be there.  I received my season ticket package on Saturday.  

FYI, the tickets have player pictures on them.  For the first preseason game against the Vikings they have Marcus Williams as the player.

Bonckers likes this

I lost my job yesterday, so I may not make it. I do have some prospects so I may have one before the end of next week. Hoping for one, in particular, I have turned down twice in the last 6 months. So fingers crossed. I get the feeling it may have been God's way of telling me to take that job. 

Chuck and Richard like this

Anyone out there selling a ticket or know how to grab one for this weekend? I want to be in that number!