Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Womens' World Cup...

6 posts in this topic

I was about to post about this too.  I just finished watching it a few minutes.  13-0, and it could have been worse.  The US was denied 2 first half penalties.  I don't understand what the point of replay is if they can't get that call right.  But I guess it didn't matter.  And there was an offside goal legitimately denied too.  10 second half goals.  That is insane.  That's a record that may never be broken unless they expand the tournament to 32 teams someday.

I caught it at 2-0 then moved onto meetings. Either they're going to win it all or are going to be beyond embarrassed in an L. That is a score that shouldn't happen and Thailand is a terrible team and the score beyond reflected that. Not saying the team isn't great, it is, however, this is way too lopsided for anyones taste. I really felt for the Thai coach, you selected your best team from your country and you couldn't produce a point or literally stop the opposition. Coaches have been literally killed for less. 

When should a team pull up? Should a team relax when they are this dominant? The US coach needs to make sure this doesn't go to their heads either. It's a fine balance and one that will be judged going forward. 

IDK that's a tough call. I didn't watch the game but if it was 3-0 at the half that sound more like Thailand quit than our team pouring it on. I think at this point I don't blame the team for playing how they did. This is the world cup and no one is here to make people feel good this is a competition. Like in college football if it is 58-0 sorry move on. I don't have a problem with how it was done. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0