Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nolaspe

Pels won the lottery...

16 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, dtgSaintsFan said:

I was shocked when this alert came through on my phone earlier!

I wonder if adding Zion is enough to get AD to stay?

It's going to come down to David Griffin and AD's agent... Griffin said that he has yet to speak directly w/ AD so that needs to happen ASAP IMO. Good thing is that Griffin and AD's agent Rich Paul are familiar with each other. 

This is why Gayle doing the right thing w/ the Pels in getting rid of Demps, bringing in Griffin, and fully separating the Saints/Pels management is going to pay off in the future IMO. I feel like Gayle is committed to the Pels not being the red-headed stepchild in the Saints' shadow and wants to build another winner which honestly is something I never felt from TB. 

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-david-griffin-says-he-has-spoken-with-rich-paul-about-anthony-davis/

Edited by nolaspe

Stupid excited to win the lottery. Griffin has to be beside himself. Couldn't let yourself think there was a chance to win, but here we are.

I love AD. Outside of last year, he's been everything we could've asked. But he made a fatal mistake in regards to this marriage. Even if they can make it rosy now, the first bit of difficulty and this wound splits back open.

Move on and get a great package. Zion, Jrue, contributor (Tatum?) and draft picks make a compelling future.

I wish AD well. On to Zion!!!

Bonckers and nolaspe like this

I am going to preface this by saying I am not a basketball fan but I do watch sometimes. I feel seeing the drama unfold with AD this past season it is time to move on. I know he has been a great guy to the team and the community, but the way he acted puts a sour taste in many peoples mouth. I truly expect him to be gone if they truly want to build for the long term they need to take younger players and or draft picks and rebuild this team right. Trade him and move on. That is what I feel would be best the best move for all. Correct me if I am wrong, but has he not been injured a lot lately? All the more reason to move on. 

Griffin is a winner.

Getting Zion was a great break for a franchise that needed one.

Trade AD!   He’s finished in this city!

herb likes this

Reading the National reaction to the Pels getting the number 1 pick is fascinating. The talking heads are unable to process it. It’s laughable. Some are suggesting that Zion is going to stay at Duke rather than play here. Others are outright calling for the NBA to “fix” the lottery because you can’t have markets like New Orleans and Memphis beating out New York and LA for talent like Zion. 

nolaspe and Bonckers like this

2 hours ago, Slidell Saint said:

Reading the National reaction to the Pels getting the number 1 pick is fascinating. The talking heads are unable to process it. It’s laughable. Some are suggesting that Zion is going to stay at Duke rather than play here. Others are outright calling for the NBA to “fix” the lottery because you can’t have markets like New Orleans and Memphis beating out New York and LA for talent like Zion. 

Yeah, that's all I saw from the national 'experts'. They're acting like Zion will ruin his career here and the amount of misinformation regarding the changes in the franchise is laughable. One moron on ESPN (who was ironically set straight to some degree by Stephen A. Smith who lost his diddly-poo on social media/ESPN after the Knicks got #3), said that he would be lucky to not get injured here since the Saints/Pels were sharing their rehab personnel. 

Griffin has already brought in a great rehab professional from the Suns and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're going to build a Pels-only rehab facility. He's starting off on the right foot and I love how Gayle is running things in letting him bring his best vision to NOLA. 

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/pelicans/article_bf46e7da-6b9a-11e9-9947-afe9bf8fbbae.html

David Griffin’s first splash hire won’t ever put on a uniform.

In fact, he won’t coach, and he won't even help select the players. But considering the New Orleans Pelicans’ past, his expertise is what fans around here have pined for.

Because Aaron Nelson can help keep Pelicans players on the court. Monday night, Griffin closed a deal to bring in Nelson, the Phoenix Suns' lauded head athletic trainer, to take over the Pelicans’ training staff.

It’s the latest signal the Pelicans are operating differently.

When Anthony Davis informed the world he wanted out of New Orleans, turning the franchise into a national punching bag, it catalyzed a movement within the Pelicans’ offices. Since then, owner Gayle Benson not only removed Dell Demps from the top of the organization, she has restructured it around Griffin, severing some questionable ties to the Saints and providing the team’s new VP of basketball operations the resources to build a competent structure around him.

Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

On 5/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, dtgSaintsFan said:

I was shocked when this alert came through on my phone earlier!

I wonder if adding Zion is enough to get AD to stay?

Eff AD.

• He burned his bridges
  • He's brittle
  • We can get far more by trading him

Time to move on...AD made his bed, time for him to sleep in it.  I hope we trade him to Nicks for a king's ransom that will ensure mediocrity for the Nicks for the rest of AD's career there.

(Bitter?  Who...me?)  lol.

dtgSaintsFan and Bonckers like this

1 hour ago, herb said:

Eff AD.

• He burned his bridges
  • He's brittle
  • We can get far more by trading him

Time to move on...AD made his bed, time for him to sleep in it.  I hope we trade him to Nicks for a king's ransom that will ensure mediocrity for the Nicks for the rest of AD's career there.

(Bitter?  Who...me?)  lol.

I was listening to WWL last night. I can't remember the guest,but he was a former agent and now A sports anchor at a local station. He believes the Pels will trade AD to the Knicks for  the #3 overall this year, their 2 #1's next year and 2 players. The Knicks will do it because they want AD,Kyrie Irving,and Kevin Durant to be there big 3    

I have to be honest with you Face, I thought the same thing about acquiring the second pick in the trade for Davis. Why not, if the Lakers really want him to make them jump through hoops. We already have the number 1 pick locked up. So why not shoot for the number 2 pick, and if that doesn't work find the next best deal. I think at this point getting two rookies would be far better than trading for a vet. But another honest tidbit I know very little about basketball or the market for players. I will say this I intend to learn a lot this upcoming season. I have wanted to learn about basketball and soccer, so this year it will be one of my missions.