Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

Game of Thrones Season 8

118 posts in this topic

No spoilers. 

Great episode. It was nice to see all the old faces. Hard to believe it's been 2 years. Entertaining to see old faces resee each other. I have a feeling we've officially seen the last of the feel-good moments and nothing will soon be the same again. The stage is set, only 5 episodes left and next week is going to be EPIC. I guess each one is going to top the other so brace yourselves, winters all up in this bitch. 

It was a great episode.  The coming battle scene (probably not next week...maybe in two or three episodes) is going to be off the charts.  I read in an article yesterday that the battle scene alone took 11 weeks to film and truly tested the actors physical endurance.  Epic is right.

Saint ATN and dtgSaintsFan like this

I'm looking forward to the battle scenes.  They are going to be epic.  We've got to have a dragon battle.  It was nice to see the reunions last night.  I think the Night King wins in the end, with Cersei as his queen.  I can see the series ending with Cersei's eyes opening and being sapphire blue.  I don't really have a point here.  I'm just rambling.

Edited by dtgSaintsFan

You know, I haven’t really given much thought to who I think will end up on the Iron Throne. I guess I’ve always assumed the “good guys” i.e. the Starks were going to win in the end. But I’m not so sure about that. Heck, the survivor all throughout has been Tyrion Lannister. Maybe he sits in the throne in the end with Bronn as his hand. Why not?

Saint ATN likes this

The running theory in our office is that Arya is going to kill the Kingslayer and use his face and kill Cersei, thus fulfilling the prophecy that she would be slain by her twin. 

Who sits on the throne is anyone's guess with all kinds of guesses and theories I've heard. My employees have an actual fantasy death pool over who's going to reach the iron throne with a draft and everything, how I dunno, nor do I really care THAT much. I've personally avoided all the spoilers and any sites or insights for the most part to just be surprised but I have heard thru the grapevine that this weekend is happening. To say I wasn't on the edge of my seat mentally all episode is an understatement. What I do know is, the next episode is THE BATTLE, slated for the second episode the 2nd Battle of Winterfell is going to go anywhere, brace yourselves, it's going to be bad all around and I have a feeling Sunday night we're going to be left trembling. The amount of filming that went into this is going to leave us awestruck I've been told.  Looking forward to it! 

Bonckers likes this

I have seen that Theory about Bran and my sister a couple of months ago came up with a theory that Karl Drogo could be one of the Ice Kings main men who ride on the horses. I still believe it could be the mad king who is the Ice King. He did ride a Dragon, and a Targaryen are the only ones who can touch them supposedly. 

Edited by Bonckers
nolaspe likes this

Pretty cool... 

http://www.fox8live.com/2019/04/19/welder-builds-iron-throne-replica-game-thrones-his-wedding/?fbclid=IwAR0w216iVD6I9RIbaNSDcf2vajybFO6asvqULU3IDRNu6i7wAqWXl3RSgC8

A welding class in Kentucky built a replica of the Iron Throne from HBO’s “Game of Thrones.”

Anthony Williams, an instructor at the Knight School of Welding, said it took 110 man hours and over two months to create.

Williams had to reach a deadline. His student, Michael Hayes, requested the piece for his wedding last fall.

No spoilers still, WOW, great episode! Things slowed down and sped up but it only builds to next week. I was wrong, crow recipes for me again. Winter is beyond here, it's at the frigging door and the night king's knocking. 80 minutes next week, brace yourselves. 

nolaspe likes this

I figured it wouldn't happen, yet and even though mostly only dialogue it was a better episode in my opinion than week 1. Curious how many episodes do you guys think the main or first battle will be against the white walkers? We are two episodes in yet, and there will still be a lot to be handled no matter who wins in the white walkers or mankind. 

nolaspe likes this

What a fantastic episode, Tormund is the best. Arya took Gendry like a boss, loved the fireplace scene where they all drank together, Brienne got knighted, Tormund said Tormund things, and Pod sang... How Jon and Dany proceed will be interesting, but honestly, if Jon doesn't like being a leader, I don't see why he wouldn't cede the Iron Throne to her, or has his whole mentality about ruling changed now that he knows the truth. 

As far as who we lose next week, the only one I'm almost 100% certain would be Grey Worm after that scene he had w/ Missandei. Jaime could certainly be another one after Bran said 'How do you know there is an afterwards?'

Pod's song explained and how it may tie into the show:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/4/21/18510272/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-2-jennys-song-jon-daenerys-targaryen-florence-the-machine

Slidell Saint likes this

Yeah I expect either Jon or Dany to die during the battle or war and there will be no controversy, maybe even both. I expect most of the people in the show to die. I mean honestly, if they didn't I would be upset truthfully. Every year at almost one an episode most of the characters die. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion Lannister has to take the iron throne at the end. 

i expect Theon dies as well, and possibly Pod and Brienne as well. 

Interesting theory from Feb about the NK's whereabouts during the Battle of Winterfell that may have been proven true last night (we didn't see him in the episode).

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-season-8-theories-where-is-the-night-king-bran-winterfell-kings-landing-a8880781.html

“When the army of the undead line up for the battle of Winterfell, the Night King and his zombie dragon will not be there," the theory goes. "Instead he will already be near to his next target ... King's Landing. If you play out what the battle of Winterfell would be like in your head if the NK+Viserion would be there... it would be easy for Drogon/Rhaegal to take out the zombie dragon; it's 2v1 and wight's all can be killed by fire.. including Viserion.

"It would not be difficult to simply fly up to Viserion and breathe fire on him, and that would be that. THE NIGHT KING IS NOT STUPID, not enough to kamikaze his most powerful asset. - If you have a superweapon that you can't use against a particular target, then you find a different target.”

The theory uses Bran's vision in season 4 as evidence: “During season 4 while Bran is being ushered north to meet Bloodraven, he touches a wierwood and has a set of visions which we see. All of those visions have since come to pass, except the ones where he sees a destroyed throne room & a dragon shadow pass over King's Landing. I believe the reason we are only shown a shadow was to not give away that it is actually the NK and Viserion, not Dany and her dragons.”

Slidell Saint and Bonckers like this

hmmm. Could be, but will it be too warm for him to go there? Not sure he will travel without the snow. I tell you what thought it would get very interesting if the white walkers lose in Winterfell only for the NK to have a new army already south of Winterfell running amock before John and Dany can stop him. Man, that would be a great move! To sacrifice your existing army only to grow a stronger one who now has to only face armies without dragons, dragon glass, and without trained soldiers. 

nolaspe likes this