Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saint ATN

Saints signing RB Latavius Murray to a 4 year deal

29 posts in this topic

Wow goodbye, Ingram for sure now.  Damn, that sucks royally but at least now we have a number 2 to run with Kamara. Maybe Ingram told them he was leaving. Sad day I am gonna miss that guy honestly. Didn't think I would be this stunned if he left. I really thought he would stay and Bridgewater would leave. I was wrong. 

Edited by Bonckers

It’s the ugly business side we all greatly dislike, but this is reality. Paying Ingram dumb money isn’t in our best long term interest honestly. I would have liked to retain him but his age and his anticipated cost are why we’re going in a different direction. 

faceman and Bonckers like this

1 minute ago, Saint ATN said:

It’s the ugly business side we all greatly dislike, but this is reality. Paying Ingram dumb money isn’t in our best long term interest honestly. I would have liked to retain him but his age and his anticipated cost are why we’re going in a different direction. 

Murray and Ingram are almost identical in age.  Got to be the money.

2 minutes ago, Dru said:

Murray and Ingram are almost identical in age.  Got to be the money.

Agreed, if he signs a low deal we’d all be surprised and not pleased, IMO, Ingram is getting paid. 

Bonckers likes this

10 minutes ago, Saint ATN said:

Agreed, if he signs a low deal we’d all be surprised and not pleased, IMO, Ingram is getting paid. 

Yes, but the Saints reportedly reached out and made an offer he had not accepted. I have to believe it was at least the same amount they signed Murray too. If he signs for less I would say that falls on Ingram. I believe he goes to Packers or the Ravens. 

1 hour ago, Bonckers said:

No way we could have paid this. 

Was hearing $7.5 million APY potentially connected to Mark Ingram while I was in Indy. Sounded high, but assuming Ingram is looking for more than Murray will receive with the Saints.

If true, agreed, there is no way we were going to pay him that kind of scratch at his age. Love him, wish him the best, it's Murray time now. 

David and Bonckers like this

Was nice having him, and glad he overcame his fumbling problem that plagued him early in his career, but there's only so much allocated and if wants more, which he obviously does, he'll find it elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Slidell Saint said:

Didn’t see this coming. 

I did last night, but didn't post it. Seth Dunlap on WWl last night said Ingram's agent was looking for a 7 mil per year contract. There was

no way we could match this with core players like Kamara,Lattimore,and Williams coming up in the near future. Once again, it's the side of 

the business I do not like. 

Saint ATN and Bonckers like this

Tough to lose a guy like Ingram, but as others have noted, the business side is part of the equation. Remember, the teams that are able to make sound business decisions are more successful. (Looking at you, NE)

Bonckers and faceman like this

1 hour ago, The gun slinger said:

Never really liked Murray,even though he is a tough down hill runner but he needs to show he can stay healthy.

He’s missed three games in five years.

Bonckers likes this

Yeah I had him mixed up with someone else but his best years was with the Texans. But it just seems like we're losing more than gaining anything with this signing. I'm just not excited about this signing.

I think i spoke to soon about signing Murray. The more I read about how much he'll be missed by his team mates and by the city itself really says a lot about him as person outside of football. He's had an up and down career production wise but a lot of that was the many OC changes and head coaches as well. So ima give a wait and see. I want to see if his running style fits our unblocking scheme.

David and Bonckers like this

I watched some highlight films on Murray and the dude can be a straight ahead, straight up battering ram. We're not asking him to break home runs, so I think he'll get the job done. At 6' 3" if he falls forward, that's two yards right there. LOL

Seriously though, he looks like he will be great on those straight up the gut runs.

Bonckers and Saint ATN like this

1 hour ago, The gun slinger said:

I think i spoke to soon about signing Murray. 

From your previous posts, it doesn't look like you knew who Murray was, so I'm not sure why you were quick to opine.  Just sayin'.

The gun slinger likes this

Yeah man I quickly put my foot in my mouth. I was disappointed that Ingram is going to the Ravans,I really thought he was going to resign and what made it worse was 20 minutes after I got the news on Ingram I got layed off. I should've gave it time before I said anything about the Murray signing but it is what it is. I think Murray is going to be good with us,he'll be on a stable organization with a chance to win a SB and be on the same team as Drew fricken Brees. What better situation could he be in right. Plus like David  said he falls forward thats 2 yards.

Watching his highlights, you can see there is no hesitation, when he hits the line he is at a full steam and seems to have a good eye. That being said, why has he not stuck with any team yet? Both the Raiders and Vikes let him go. Maybe they just didn't know how to use him or didn't have the pieces around him for great success. Having AK and MT along with Drew may be what shakes he career loose. Let's hope so because he has some fairly large shoes to fill.

I wish Ingram's agent hadn't messed up this situation.  Ingram only got 1 million more per year.  That's it.  

I'd rather have seen the Saints keep Ingram over that little bit of difference in cost.

I hate the business side of football, and this is a glaring example of how the deal makers can screw things up.

Slidell Saint and Dru like this

I think with Murray running the ball we will be fine. But he has not shown, thus far, to be anywhere near as dynamic a back as MI is. Receiving and pass protection are huge in SP's offense for a RB....I guess SP thinks he can become a more dynamic back for us....we will see....