Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhoDatinH-town

Bridgewater

38 posts in this topic

I don't think it changes it too much. I mean there was always a chance Denver would get involved. I see Case Keenum getting traded or released now. Which means another starter on the market more than likely. 

Saint ATN likes this

5 hours ago, Bonckers said:

I don't think it changes it too much. I mean there was always a chance Denver would get involved. I see Case Keenum getting traded or released now. Which means another starter on the market more than likely. 

Joe Flacco has been traded to Denver. one less suitor now

Saint ATN and Bonckers like this

17 hours ago, faceman said:

Joe Flacco has been traded to Denver. one less suitor now

Yeah, my comment was based on the post stating that. Sorry, I guess I should have quoted so it would have made more sense. 

Saint ATN likes this

Jacksonville is going to be a real threat here. As soon as someone comes in with a multi year 18m + deal on the table, we're toast. Seems to me the Jags are most likely at this point. However, their cap space is horrible (2nd worst per overthecap). I guess they've been very active in free agency several years in a row. So they'll need to free up a lot with cuts and trades to get involved with Teddy.

Saint ATN likes this

I may be wrong (and it certainly won't be the first time) but I don't think Bridgewater will have the market that other young (potentially up and coming) qb's will have, mainly due to his injury history. I think there is too much risk for a team to offer him a long term deal for a ton of money. There is a reason he was a backup for the Jets before he came here....

Saint ATN likes this

1 hour ago, sfidc2 said:

I may be wrong (and it certainly won't be the first time) but I don't think Bridgewater will have the market that other young (potentially up and coming) qb's will have, mainly due to his injury history. I think there is too much risk for a team to offer him a long term deal for a ton of money. There is a reason he was a backup for the Jets before he came here....

I am not saying you are wrong, but one thing to keep in mind isTeddy only signed a 1 year deal with the Jets. I believe he did that because he thought he could compete to start there. Not to mention They had not drafted a QB at that point. I don't know if he had others try to sign him to a longer deal. I don't know what he turned down. But I personally do not think he signed with the Jets thinking he was going to be a backup. You could be right his injury was horrific and many thought he would never play again. We may get him back under that pretense. We got Brees because no one else wanted him, and I would take Teddy back if that is the case. In all honestly, I hope you are right. I'm not holding my breath bu tI would be estatic. Because that would mean we have our QB of the future as well as being able to keep Taysom in his role of the Swiss army knife. 

1 hour ago, Kinsey said:

This board seems generally pro-Teddy as the heir apparent to Brees. Out of curiosity, anyone out there opposed to signing Teddy as QB of the future?

I'm not necessarily for or against him being the future. I don't know he can do it. Saying that he has a resume of being a good solid starting QB in this league. I think he is at the very least in the middle of the field if you lined up QBs who have started a game in the last 4 years and are still playing the NFL. I am all for giving him and Taysom the chance to compete to replace Brees should he retire after the 2019 season. And when it comes to the options on the market there may not be a better QB available to start in our current system. 

Saint ATN likes this

2 hours ago, herb said:

I'm guessing if Bridgewater leaves during the offseason, we'll get a compensatory pick back = to the one we traded for him.

I've heard a 4th rounder

I would like that, but that would mean theoretically we would not be able to add any key pieces in free agency. That is not our MO. I have too heard a 4th rounder, but no one knows for sure how they pass them out. 

2 hours ago, Bonckers said:

I would like that, but that would mean theoretically we would not be able to add any key pieces in free agency. That is not our MO. I have too heard a 4th rounder, but no one knows for sure how they pass them out. 

basically if we sign a FA for more money than bridgewater makes via FA, we get no compensatory picks