Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris

Saints vs Eagles

47 posts in this topic

That is awesome Brod! It is funny that they all cheered and laughed at some of the comments. Especially when he talked about hoping McNabb broke both his legs. 

bigbrod81 likes this

Sorry, but I need somewhere to rant, and this is my place to do it.  I'm getting ready to snap on people up here in Philly.  All I have been hearing is how the Eagles are going to win.  I get it and agree that the Eagles are a much better team than they were in week 11.  However, the Saints are still just as good as they were then, especially with the o-line being healthy.  Are the Eagles 41 points better?  I get it that each week is different and that very well might have been our best game versus their worse game, but our worse game against another team’s best game resulted in a 3-point loss, not a 41-point loss.  Eagles won last week on a double doink missed field goal and allowed 143 yards to the Mitch Trubisky and Allen Robinson connection, again, week to week doesn't matter but if they can stop them, how do they expect to stop Brees to Michael Thomas.  No insult intended to Trubisky or Robinson, but neither of them are compare to Brees or Thomas.  I'm also sick of hearing about the Nick Foles magic.  He had a great run last year but played terrible against the Raiders and the first half of the Falcons playoff game.  Even last week’s performance was nothing to brag about.  If he throws 2 picks against us, there maybe a 20-point difference in the final scoreboard.  Their defense flat out cannot stop us.  They are banking on their interior line being the difference, but they have no idea how good our line is when healthy.  If they turn the ball over, they will be destroyed.  I doubt they do and not even certain we cover the 8-point spread, but there is no way we lose this game.  

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Sorry, but I need somewhere to rant, and this is my place to do it.  I'm getting ready to snap on people up here in Philly.  All I have been hearing is how the Eagles are going to win.  I get it and agree that the Eagles are a much better team than they were in week 11.  However, the Saints are still just as good as they were then, especially with the o-line being healthy.  Are the Eagles 41 points better?  I get it that each week is different and that very well might have been our best game versus their worse game, but our worse game against another team’s best game resulted in a 3-point loss, not a 41-point loss.  Eagles won last week on a double doink missed field goal and allowed 143 yards to the Mitch Trubisky and Allen Robinson connection, again, week to week doesn't matter but if they can stop them, how do they expect to stop Brees to Michael Thomas.  No insult intended to Trubisky or Robinson, but neither of them are compare to Brees or Thomas.  I'm also sick of hearing about the Nick Foles magic.  He had a great run last year but played terrible against the Raiders and the first half of the Falcons playoff game.  Even last week’s performance was nothing to brag about.  If he throws 2 picks against us, there maybe a 20-point difference in the final scoreboard.  Their defense flat out cannot stop us.  They are banking on their interior line being the difference, but they have no idea how good our line is when healthy.  If they turn the ball over, they will be destroyed.  I doubt they do and not even certain we cover the 8-point spread, but there is no way we lose this game.  

I'm with you buddy. I had to stop watching sports shows this week. It's absurd the amount of disrespect the Saints have gotten this week as the #1 seed. The Foles magic stuff is ridiculous. I can only imagine how rough it is for you living there in Philly. Vent. Let it all out. 

giphy.webp

Also, the very few members of the sports media who seem to give to the Saints a chance at winning, are the ones who are consistently honest & understand the game. Those members of the media predict the Saints to win by 2 scores. I agree with you. It won't be 48-7, something like 31-17 is still a decisive victory.

By the way, all this crap about the Saints running up the score is just that, crap. The 4th down TD to Kamara came early in the 4th quarter. 13:22 in the 4th to be exact. 

HonorableOldfashionedJohndory-size_restr

Most coaches would have gone for it there instead of attempting a long FG ESPECIALLY DOUG PEDERSON. Did they expect the Saints to punt there? If the Saints really wanted to run the score up, they wouldn't have kicked a FG late on 4th down, from inside the 5. They wouldn't have pulled Brees with 5 minutes left in the game either. The Saints could have easily put 60+ points on the Eagles yet the media, Eagles fans & Eagle players are complaining about the Saints running up the score. It's insanity at its finest. Part of me wants this game to get ugly so the Saints can really run up the score. 

Oscar McBroom, Drew, Chuck and 3 others like this

I agree Brod the only time I ever thought there was a chance a team could complain about that was when Brees broke a record against ATL at home a few years ago. But even then it was obvious Payton wanted Brees to break the record at home in front of the crowd. 

Saint ATN, Chuck and bigbrod81 like this

On 1/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, bigbrod81 said:

I'm sick & tired of hearing about Foles magic from the national media. I'm ready for our guys to put an end to this BS Sunday afternoon.

I agree, as I am also sick of all the talk surround ing “St Nick”... and how this is such a different team.  I do think that they have improved and that Foles is playing better than Wentz, but is basically the same team, playing much better on both sides of the ball.   I mean after all, they are the defending champions.

I look at this game as 0-0 and what happened in the last game doesn’t mean anything. We will have to score and play defense.  We need to limit big plays and get some stops, but I also think we will have to score a lot of points.  I think it will be a high scoring affair and that the crowd will be a factor.

We need to eliminate turnovers and penalties.  Brees, Kamara, Ingram and Thomas need to make plays period, and the OL needs to protect Drew.

The Rams would be next up, and incredibly they had 275 yards rushing vs the Cowboys. That would make for an interesting rematch.

Who Dat!

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Bye, Eagles Bye!
On the road to misery! (Done! Done! Done!)
Fail, Eagles fail!
Give up a touchdown 1, 2, 3! (4! 5! 6!)
Missed 'em low!
Missed 'em high!
And watch the Eagles die!
Bye, Eagles Bye!
On the road to misery!
W-H-O-D-A-T?
WhoDat?

I may have to make this my facebook status.

Saint ATN and Drew like this

I saw this on the Yahoo board & thought it was so fitting..............

Reporter: Drew, do you think Nick Foles will have a great game Sunday?

Drew Brees: Nick Foles, Nick Young, Nick Cannon, Nick Jonas, Nicki Minaj, Nike, Nick at Night, Nickelodeon, you can even nick nack paddy whack and give a dog a bone. It don't make a difference, The Saints are playing in THE DOME! Whodat?!

Saint ATN, Drew and bigbrod81 like this

This is what we need for this game.......yea we have seen it over a 1000 times but I know I never get tired of it.......

Deuce McAllister's TD vs the Eagles in the Playoffs

DEUCE WOULD NOT BE DENIED! A Saints-Eagles Throwback - Deuce McAllister bulldozes his way into the endzone vs Philadelphia in the 2007 NFC Divisional Round!

Posted by New Orleans Saints on Thursday, November 15, 2018

Edited by FloridaSaint
Oscar McBroom likes this

1 hour ago, The gun slinger said:

Didn't like the start of the game but we finished strong. On to the Rams. I bet they wished the Eagles won cause they don't want to play us again but here we come! We bringing the wood!

They don't wanna play the Eagles again either because the Eagles are part of the reason the Saints are the number 1 seed.

Edited by nonyt
Saint ATN likes this

Saints could not have started much worse....  but I felt that we would come back throughout that bad spell.    Again, Tayson Hill comes up with a huge play on the fake punt, which didn't fool anyone but worked anyway.   Latimore came up big on defense, nice that he waited to this game to make a couple of picks.   Defense shut out the Eagles for the last 3 quarters which was very impressive.    We are still smothering the run.

The drive at the end of the half was huge for momentum.   The drive to go ahead was an Epic Drive.  Come on, 117 yards?     The only time I felt sick was when we missed the 52 yard FG.   That third down call after the timeout was reminiscent of the third down play on the last drive in the Vikings playoff game last year.  We get stuffed, and lose 5 yards on a running play. Geez.    I am thinking, we miss the FG, give the Eagles good field position and a chance to steal the game.  Then the penalties... and they are driving ......  then, the football gods smile on us and Latimore gets the pick of a pass through the hands of the Eagles receiver.

Make no mistake, the crowd played a big role in today's game.  It was really loud in the second half.   I think it eventually wore on the Eagles, who deserve credit for competing so well in such a hostile atmosphere.      Rams game will be a tough won.  We have to play better and cannot make the mistakes we made today.

I don't normally take much satisfaction out of seeing other people suffer, but I will make an exception for Eagles fans.    There were some real asswipes at the game today.  One guy before the game just was looking for a fight.   Yelling in the bathroom, in the concession line...   Saints fans just ignored him.    I haven't been to an Eagles home game, but I can assure you, based on friends that have, that if a Saints fan did that in Philly that he would be beaten to death by a mob.     

Bonckers, Saint ATN and Kinsey like this

On 1/10/2019 at 2:40 PM, bigbrod81 said:

I'm sick & tired of hearing about Foles magic from the national media. I'm ready for our guys to put an end to this BS Sunday afternoon.

This can be equally applied to Chris Collinsworth's slobbering all over Mahomes. Wondering if Collinsworth has a blow up doll of him.

Slidell Saint, Richard and Bonckers like this

2 hours ago, herb said:

This can be equally applied to Chris Collinsworth's slobbering all over Mahomes. Wondering if Collinsworth has a blow up doll of him.

I listen to Golic and Wingo on ESPN radio every morning.  Wingo has taken the Mahomes love fest to a new level, though some of it might be tongue-in-cheek.  He refers to Mahomes as "Future Hall of Famer" Patrick Mahomes whenever he talks about him.  It's part his schtick.  But I'm really tired of it.

Bonckers likes this