Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boris

Saints vs Eagles

47 posts in this topic

Well, we got the best matchup on paper, but I think this will be a tough game to win.

The Eagles snuck by the Bears, but the defending Champs have proven that they got game. They had to win some big games to make it to the playoffs, and I was impressed with the two road wins at LA and Chicago.   

Foles is no Kyle Allen, but I think he can play well against a defense that took the last week of the season off.   Can the Saints D turn it off and then on again?

Psychologically the Eagles, who were left for dead, have nothing to lose and will be motivated to beat the Saints who humiliated them in the last game.

If the Saints come to play, and stay disciplined (Panthers game was horrible), I think we will win.  But the coaches better coach and players play, and Brees will have to be on his game.   

Based on the way tickets prices dropped once the Eagles won, I think fans are looking past this one.  Who Dats will need to bring their A-game cause the Dome Field advantage will be a big factor.  It should be a heckuva game!

Edited by Boris
Saint ATN likes this

Ain’t scared of the Eagles. At home. With a healthy O-line, and a healthy Ted Ginn back teams can’t just double team Mike T and pressure anymore. Our defense has improved since the last time we played them. Last game we rotated so many people in and out it was not a reflection of this team. 

The only damn thing I’m afraid of is Drew Brees deciding to go out on top and retire if we win the Super Bowl. 

Saint ATN, Bonckers and gypsywoman like this

20 minutes ago, hardeeflag said:

Ain’t scared of the Eagles. At home. With a healthy O-line, and a healthy Ted Ginn back teams can’t just double team Mike T and pressure anymore. Our defense has improved since the last time we played them. Last game we rotated so many people in and out it was not a reflection of this team. 

The only damn thing I’m afraid of is Drew Brees deciding to go out on top and retire if we win the Super Bowl. 

I'm confident, but concerned. The Eagles 0-line has been dominant since they became healthy. I said this in another thread. They've faced Aaron donald,JJ Watt and Kalil Mack in their last 5 games and gave up 0 sacks to either. Foles was only hit 3 times during this stretch. That's not a fluke. They are that good.That said, Trubisky missed some wide open receivers last week that Drew won't miss. The eagles are weak at corner. If we give him time he should pick them apart. 

Saint ATN, xardoz, Drew and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, hardeeflag said:

You're assuming our offensive line is healthy, I think at this point that is a stretch. If Armstead doesn't play it is going to get a lot harder to beat the Eagles the way their front 7 is playing right now, if Ram/Peat is not 100% it is going to get even tougher. That said if Brees has time we will score a lot of points, no question, but we will need to get a few turnovers on D I think cause the Eagles offense is playing very well right now....I take 0 games for granted, especially playoff games.

boricko, Saint ATN, faceman and 1 other like this

This is our year, our super bowl, and our team wants it more than they do. We are at home in our city. We’re gonna kick their ass. 

In 09 we lost our last three in a row at full strength without resting anyone. This team is better than the 09 team and has had a tougher schedule. Yet somehow there is more fear in our fan base right now than then. 

Believe. Who Dat. 

Bonckers, zeke187, Saint ATN and 1 other like this

58 minutes ago, hardeeflag said:

This is our year, our super bowl, and our team wants it more than they do. We are at home in our city. We’re gonna kick their ass. 

In 09 we lost our last three in a row at full strength without resting anyone. This team is better than the 09 team and has had a tougher schedule. Yet somehow there is more fear in our fan base right now than then. 

Believe. Who Dat. 

Our 2011 team was vastly better than the 2009 one. Just saying.

If we lose this one I can't say I'd be enormously surprised. We've been playing like crap since the Failclowns game while the eagles have hit their stride pretty much at the same time. Who was honestly thinking they'd beat the bears? Cos I most assuredly wasn't. And yes, kicker and blahblah but the bears defense is eons better than ours, let's not kid ourselves here.

In ‘11 we lost on one bad play on the road. Last year we lost on one bad play on the road. We are in our house, we didn’t go 13-3 and become the #1 seed in the NFC by sucking. Some of y’all are acting like we are 9-7 fighting for a wild card spot. We win this game by at least 10 points. Brees and Payton don’t choke at home in the playoffs. 

35D90908-CD7B-4AC2-A166-1A88CA9C36A7.jpeg

820BFFC0-BDEB-42DB-8BEA-60F1C4AE9F12.jpeg

boricko, gypsywoman and Bonckers like this

Yes, we had some bumps in the road along the way, but the Steelers had maybe the best offense of any team who was going to the playoffs not named the Chiefs, and we beat them at home. We will not play a caliber of offense that good until we play the Super Bowl, and that is a maybe. I fully expect us to be the Eagles. it will not be a blowout as NFL playoffs are not college and very rarely do you see one-sided affairs at this level. I do expect us to handle our own though. 

gypsywoman and zeke187 like this

They are so focused on the earlier season loss it is crazy. I really hope we come out with a gameplan of stuff they could not imagine and we beat the crap out fo them again. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/09/nick-foles-saints-thrashing-helped-focus-the-eagles/

Nick Foles: Saints thrashing helped focus the Eagles

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 9, 2019, 2:46 PM EST
GettyImages-1071524128.jpg?w=560&h=316&c
Getty Images

Here’s how positive Nick Foles is — he can make a 41-point loss into a good thing.

The Eagles quarterback said the Week 11 loss to the Saints (which he didn’t play in) was a springboard for the team, and helped harden them for what would become another impressive playoff push.

That game has helped us become the team we are today,” Foles said, via Tim McManus of ESPN.com. “Going through that, that’s not easy as a team to lose like that. But there was never a pointing of the finger. It actually brought us closer. It can separate a team or it can bring us closer, and it brought us closer.”

After that 48-7 beating, the Eagles were 4-6 and didn’t appear to be heading anywhere. When Carson Wentz‘s back became an issue, it didn’t look much better.

The Eagles also have to answer questions about whether the Saints were running up the score on them, after safety Malcolm Jenkins flipped the bird at Saints coach Sean Payton after a late touchdown. All that will be filed away in advance of this week’s divisional round game.

“At that point in time, obviously, that’s the low point of our season. But at no point did we doubt that we have the locker room,” Jenkins said. “We just knew that we had to put it together. Since then, I think we responded and earned our opportunity to go back down there.”

Winning five of six after that game suggests the Eagles responded correctly, and last week’s miraculous win over the Bears might be a sign that this result could be quite different.

29 minutes ago, boricko said:

Folks, if you want to be the champ, you have to beat ANYBODY!! And we will win on Sunday!

He did last year. He is technically the champ. I hope and pray I'm wrong,but I see a close game here. Philly is the defending champ and been on this stage before. We have

too, but Brees,Bushrod,and Morestead are the only ones remaining from 09 

Drew likes this

I can't wait to see who is active WR wise. I am curious if we bring up the new guy that we signed from the Redskins PS, because no one has game tape on him. We have to small shift guys in TLL, and Carr. We have bigger body guys in Kirkwood, Smith, MT, and Simmie Cobbs. Then we also have an in-between guy in size in Ginn who can fly. Not to mention Dan Arnold who moves like a WR, but is getting closer to the build of a TE. 

Saint ATN likes this

I'm anticipating a close game on the line of a 27-24 score. We must have our "A" game in all phases-period. They are the defending world champions and their schedule, despite their division, was almost as brutal as ours. Foles is a champion and plays like one, we need to attack him and get him uncomfortable from the get-go, otherwise he will be a major headache. I hope our offense attacks #29 early and often to break his spirit because he ain't that good. They will have to compensate for his weakness which should open up opportunities for our receivers. Ginn alone should be able to wear him out and open up lanes for the TE or a back swinging out in the backfield.Pounding the rock is essential to keep their secondary honest, patience is key in this regard and I feel that it will be rewarded. For all that is holy, keep someone on ERTZ at all times, TEs have burned our ass too many times this year. Keep to fundamentals- stay in your lanes, set the ends and stay at home, too many times we have gotten roasted by failure to contain the backside on runs and passes.

Saint ATN, boricko and faceman like this

3 hours ago, Bonckers said:

Yes, we had some bumps in the road along the way, but the Steelers had maybe the best offense of any team who was going to the playoffs not named the Chiefs, and we beat them at home. We will not play a caliber of offense that good until we play the Super Bowl, and that is a maybe. I fully expect us to be the Eagles. it will not be a blowout as NFL playoffs are not college and very rarely do you see one-sided affairs at this level. I do expect us to handle our own though. 

If the rams beat the Cowboys, we'd face a quality offense before the super bowl.

Saint ATN likes this

Y’all forgetting that we beat Foles in Philly. Eagles are a paper tiger. We are NOT losing at home. What’s with all the worry warting? Quit listening to the talking heads. They keep acting like the Eagles are going to march in the dome and beat the number one seed. Ummmm, they were the number one seed last year with HF advantage. It ain’t happening. 

Saint ATN and boricko like this

3 hours ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

If the rams beat the Cowboys, we'd face a quality offense before the super bowl.

I would not be shocked if Dallas wins this game. The Rams offense hasn't been the same without Cooper Kupp. He was Goff's security blanket.Todd Gurleys knee injury may be worse than what's reported. The Dallas defense is real. They have speed wit Smith and Vanderesh at Lb'er. Outside runs and screens usually don't work well against them. 

Saint ATN, Dru and Bonckers like this

9 minutes ago, faceman said:

I would not be shocked if Dallas wins this game. The Rams offense hasn't been the same without Cooper Kupp. He was Goff's security blanket.Todd Gurleys knee injury may be worse than what's reported. The Dallas defense is real. They have speed wit Smith and Vanderesh at Lb'er. Outside runs and screens usually don't work well against them. 

Additionally, the Rams rush defense sucks.  They allowed 5.1 yards/carry.  Elliott is going to have a field day.

Saint ATN, Bonckers and faceman like this

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Additionally, the Rams rush defense sucks.  They allowed 5.1 yards/carry.  Elliott is going to have a field day.

The rams are a better match up for us if we beat Philly. I know everyone want's 

revenge, but Dallas is 5th against the run. The rams are 23rd. 

Edited by faceman

I've said this before that we have beat a Foles lead Eagles team in 2013. It was hard fought but we won by a field goal and it was on there turf in the cold weather. We ran over them and we need to do the same thing. With our O-line healthy we need to smack them in the mouth and drive the ball down their throat. I have confidence that we will.

gypsywoman likes this

10 hours ago, faceman said:

I wouldn't either. I don't think the Rams offensive line matches up well with the Dallas Dline. Though if Dallas gets behind early it will be tough for them.

5 hours ago, The gun slinger said:

I've said this before that we have beat a Foles lead Eagles team in 2013. It was hard fought but we won by a field goal and it was on there turf in the cold weather. We ran over them and we need to do the same thing. With our O-line healthy we need to smack them in the mouth and drive the ball down their throat. I have confidence that we will.

All due respect, that has absolutely no bearing on Sunday's game. Many of the players on both teams are no longer there. And Foles has since played on the biggest stage and won there....

If we have our starting offensive line intact and relatively healthy I think we win, if not? I think we could still win but the game gets tougher and we will likely need to be on the plus side on turnovers...

16 hours ago, WhoDatinH-town said:

Yes, you are right. But we beat them when they were 100% and had Kupp. They are not the same offense without Kupp. Yes, they are good, but I still believe the Steelers offense when we played them in week 16 is better than the Rams are today. So I stand by my previous statement that in the NFC playoffs we will not face an offense better than the Steelers on week 16. Especially against the pass which is our weakness this year compared to the run. 

gypsywoman likes this