Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dtgSaintsFan

NFL Wildcard

47 posts in this topic

Just now, Drew said:

No doubt, face.  There are no easy matchups left.  Every team left has proven they belong and are not a fluke.

Khalil Mack played the invisible man today. He should have taken over the game. Maybe the Raiders made the right call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, faceman said:

I bet against Foles last year. I'm not making the same mistake this year. We have our work cut out for us, and the defense must step up. That was a very good Bears team

the Eagles just beat on the road

Without a doubt, but we're gonna be ready for them, we were ready for them last year

Kamara and the boys feel otherwise and last years chip is still on their shoulders, 

they get their shot now, for the ages

h94zjz01gw821.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faceman said:

Khalil Mack played the invisible man today. He should have taken over the game. Maybe the Raiders made the right call

True, but that had to have something to do with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters as well.  Their Oline was banged up all year and is basically healthy now which is the big difference in their offense more so than Foles.  The Oline got healthy at the same time Wentz got injured.  Lattimore and Apple better have big games because counting on getting pressure on Foles is not a wise plan.

faceman, Bonckers, Richard and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense Team Ranks

Passing Yards Per Game (8th)
282.8
 
Rushing Yards Per Game (28th)
98.1
 
Total Yards Per Game (16th)
380.9
 

Defense Team Ranks

Passing Yards Per Game (30th)
269.25
 
Rushing Yards Per Game (7th)
96.94
 
Total Yards Per Game (23rd)
366.19
 
 
Passing Yards Per Game (15th)
260.9
 
Rushing Yards Per Game (6th)
126.6
 
Total Yards Per Game (10th)
387.4
 
 
Passing Yards Per Game (29th)
268.88
 
Rushing Yards Per Game (2nd)
80.19
 
Total Yards Per Game (14th)
349.06
 

                                                             

Edited by FloridaSaint
The gun slinger and Bonckers like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Key Stats

phil_eagles_70x70.png

Offense

saints_wbg_70x70.png
6094
Total Yards
6199
4524
Net Yards Passing
4174
1570
Net Yards Rushing
2025
17
Turnovers
24
346
First Downs
377
100 / 852
Penalties / Yards
94 / 939
41
Touchdowns
59
 
 
 
 
phil_eagles_70x70.png

Defense

saints_wbg_70x70.png
348
Points
353
10
Interceptions
12
44
Sacks
49
366.19
Total Yards Per Game
349.06
269.25
Passing Yards Per Game
268.88
96.94
Rushing Yards Per Game
80.19
 

 

Edited by FloridaSaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 2013 playoffs  we beat a Nick Foles led Eagles  on they're own turf. It went down to the wire and we won by a field goal. I have confidence we pull out a win, a hard fought win but a win no less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, Drew said:

True, but that had to have something to do with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters as well.  Their Oline was banged up all year and is basically healthy now which is the big difference in their offense more so than Foles.  The Oline got healthy at the same time Wentz got injured.  Lattimore and Apple better have big games because counting on getting pressure on Foles is not a wise plan.

I heard this on the Rome show yesterday. In their last 5 games, they've faced Aaron Donald,JJ Watt,and Kalil Mack. They held all 3 to 0 sacks,and allowed only 3 Qb hits

during that stretch. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a 4-6 sack day coming. I believe this game comes down to  our coverage and how Brees fares against those weak

Eagle Cb's.  

Bonckers and Drew like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, faceman said:

I heard this on the Rome show yesterday. In their last 5 games, they've faced Aaron Donald,JJ Watt,and Kalil Mack. They held all 3 to 0 sacks,and allowed only 3 Qb hits

during that stretch. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a 4-6 sack day coming. I believe this game comes down to  our coverage and how Brees fares against those weak

Eagle Cb's.  

Exactly, I would be shocked if we get more than 2 sacks but hope we can get pressure at least some of the time....Foles will throw picks from time to time but that Eagles offense is different when he is back there, he has leadership qualities/presence that Wentz does not (yet)...IMO it is going to come down to our offensive line play, if Brees consistently has time to throw I think we win, if not it gets a lot tougher....

Bonckers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sfidc2 said:

Exactly, I would be shocked if we get more than 2 sacks but hope we can get pressure at least some of the time....Foles will throw picks from time to time but that Eagles offense is different when he is back there, he has leadership qualities/presence that Wentz does not (yet)...IMO it is going to come down to our offensive line play, if Brees consistently has time to throw I think we win, if not it gets a lot tougher....

I agree that our OL play will help determine the game.  We will need to get the run game going and protect Brees.  Pressure is the Achilles heal of  all good QBs.  The Cowboys did it and also were able to take away the check downs to Kamara with their LB play.   My other big fear is Foles tearing up our secondary, which has been very inconsistent, particularly when our pass rush fails.   Based on the Eagles OL play and Foles quick release against some of the league's best defenses, I would not count on a rush.  Hope I am wrong.

Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0