Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfidc2

Hats off to the LSU players

3 posts in this topic

I credit the LSU players winning 3 times yesterday. They beat UCF, they beat the refs and they beat their own offensive coordinator.

I try to resist talking about the officiating but I have never seen such god awful one sided called games in my life. The clear interception should have ended the game much earlier. Still with the passing game working and Burrow red hot Ensminger goes full Les Miles in the redzone the last 2 drives...should have put the game away much earlier...That said what an effort by a completely depleted defense...and what an answer by Burrow after getting destroyed by a borderline targeting hit early on....

I'm convinced the officials were instructed to keep UCF in the game at all costs....they simply could not be that incompetent....

sailorsaint likes this

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it that way. They should take 7 off of UCF's score because that pick 6 should have been pass interference, pretty blatant too, and I've never before seen a QB get his helmet spun around by a hit and not get the call. I have never seen a game that looked so obviously one sided in the officiating. But the guys didn't give up, I respect that. They fought till the end.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:52 AM, sfidc2 said:

Still with the passing game working and Burrow red hot Ensminger goes full Les Miles in the redzone the last 2 drives...should have put the game away much earlier...

Ensminger was the TEs coach under Miles so the offense is still based off those same philosophies & concepts. That offense is still frustrating to watch at times. It was good enough to put up a lot of points & yardage against a bad AAC defense but it doesn't cut it in SEC even against bad defenses ala Arkansas this past season. The Tigers need a complete overhaul offensively if the program ever wants to compete for titles again.

Bonckers likes this