Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herb

LSU vs Alabama

11 posts in this topic

Here are the teams in the last few years that have scored zero points against Alabama:

• LSU (twice)
  • Mercer
  • Vanderbilt
  • Kent State

Doesn't it feel good to be in such elite company?

This by far Sabans best team but, if we had a decent offense, we could have given them a much better game. Our defense was up to the task early, but got worn out because they were on the field all the time. When you fight Bama for 9 minutes straight, get the ball back to the offense and they go 3 and out, you are going to be gassed.

bigbrod81 likes this

On 11/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, herb said:

Here are the teams in the last few years that have scored zero points against Alabama:

• LSU (twice)
  • Mercer
  • Vanderbilt
  • Kent State

Doesn't it feel good to be in such elite company?

We need a change in offensive philosophy in the worst way. We went from a 1970s offensive philosophy under Miles to a 1980s philosophy this season under Orgeron. Maybe by the time Saban retires, the Tigers will have moved up to 2000s offensive philosophy. Enough with the outdated offense. We need a young, intelligent, aggressive offensive mind but our hard headed head coaches are too "old school" to get with the times. There are moments in every game where you have to impose your will on the opponent but you will die a slow death trying to do so against Alabama. Offense has become a matchups game which calls for ingenuity & creativity something LSU hasn't had in a very long time. 

herb, Saint ATN, louder and 1 other like this

On 11/4/2018 at 2:04 PM, faceman said:

This is Sabans best team. I don't see them losing this year. 

I do. They will lose to Clemson. Why? Those Tigers have speed to burn at the offensive skill positions. Secondly, Clemson will use that speedy spread attack to go at Alabama's weaknesses. I know it may not look that way but this is the Tide's worst group of coverage LBs they have had in a long time. Their corners are young & can be exploited as well. No one on the Tide's schedule has been able to take advantage of this outside of Arkansas but if you watch the footage, the Razorbacks had success doing so. Clemson will attack those weaknesses at will. If Kelly Bryant had still been the starter, I might feel different but the Tigers offense is now humming under Trevor Lawrence. 

Also, Clemson has the best front 4 in the country for those you haven't been paying attention. Their secondary is really good as well. They can pressure Bama with just rushing 4 linemen. 

Last but not least, pay attention to what Michigan is doing defensively since the Notre Dame loss. The numbers are out of this world. I don't know if the Wolverines have enough offense to win a matchup versus Alabama but they have a defense that can do an even better job against the Tide's offense than LSU did.

Saint ATN and herb like this

On 11/7/2018 at 8:25 AM, bigbrod81 said:

. Maybe by the time Saban retires, the Tigers will have moved up to 2000s offensive philosophy. 

I have a bad feeling when Saban retires, Dabo Swinney will be the next HC. Alabama is Swinney's alma mater. 

bigbrod81 likes this

4 minutes ago, faceman said:

I have a bad feeling when Saban retires, Dabo Swinney will be the next HC. Alabama is Swinney's alma mater. 

Same here. 

Also, Mississippi St. showed everyone this weekend that Alabama is vulnerable to a good pass rush. LSU has a good defense but pass rush is lacking this season. State proved Alabama even has flaws on the offensive side of the ball. It's just going to take a well rounded team to beat them & I still think that team is Clemson.

Saint ATN likes this

2 minutes ago, bigbrod81 said:

Same here. 

Also, Mississippi St. showed everyone this weekend that Alabama is vulnerable to a good pass rush. LSU has a good defense but pass rush is lacking this season. State proved Alabama even has flaws on the offensive side of the ball. It's just going to take a well rounded team to beat them & I still think that team is Clemson.

Agreed, too bad MSU's offense is a Qb draw up the middle. You don't need a genius to game plan for that. Fitzgerald makes Cam Newton look like Brees when it comes to accuracy

Saint ATN likes this

9 minutes ago, faceman said:

Agreed, too bad MSU's offense is a Qb draw up the middle. You don't need a genius to game plan for that. Fitzgerald makes Cam Newton look like Brees when it comes to accuracy

Fitzgerald struggles to read defenses & see open receivers too. On that flea flicker, he had a receiver wide open for a TD on a post route. Fitzgerald never saw him & ended up taking a sack. State had a far better offensive game plan than LSU against Bama. The execution was just poor at times. There were receivers open but Fitzgerald doesn't have the confidence & accuracy as a passer that was needed to make it work.

Saint ATN likes this