New Orleans Saints Fan Community Since 1999

Focusing on the New Orleans Saints & WhoDat Culture

WhoDatZone Forums
Saint ATN

Josh Norman got lippy so MT shut him down, again

15 posts in this topic

Michael Thomas‏Verified account @Cantguardmike

Michael Thomas Retweeted

You my son, go to bed son. I was punking you all night give me a break. @ your coach so he can put your so called tough guy self in timeout again https://twitter.com/j_no24/status/1049579195427360768 …

Michael Thomas added,

This Tweet is unavailable.

The gun slinger and Bonckers like this

“Get Out Yo Feelin’s” by 🔁

Bonckers likes this

Sis 💁🏽‍♀️

Michael Thomas calls Josh Norman a 'Goof ball con artist' to cap late-night Twitter feud

play

Ad (0:09)

A Monday Night Football feud between Michael Thomas and Josh Norman went from the field to the locker room to Twitter, where the Saints receiver ripped the Redskins cornerback in a back-and-forth that carried well into the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Norman was one of several Redskins players to criticize Thomas after the Saints' 43-19 victory.

"That guy -- to speak on him, I will not waste my breath," Norman said when asked about Thomas. "I'm sorry. I will not. He's not worthy of it. He never will be worthy of it."

Thomas, in response to a Washington Post reporter's tweet of Norman's quote, tweeted after the game that he "made that boy check out after the first half," referring to Norman's brief benching in the second half.

Norman, in a tweet that has since been deleted, responded by accusing Thomas of "clout chasing," followed by an emoji of a clown. Norman also stated that Thomas did not have a reception when the two lined up against each other and called Thomas a "blocking decoy."

In a series of subsequent tweets, Thomas called Norman a "Zone Corner" and said "[I'm] going to bully you ever(y) time I see you." Thomas also poked fun at Norman's "cheap ahh suit" and said, "You 30 yrs old dude. Life comes at you fast."

Thomas then called out Norman for deleting his tweets, calling him a "Goof ball con artist."

Norman was joined in his postgame criticism of Thomas by Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger and cornerback Quinton Dunbar.

Swearinger accused Thomas of "petty stuff" and suggested that the Saints receiver would have been penalized if Drew Brees had not broken Peyton Manning's all-time record for career passing yards Monday night.

"[Thomas] is just a clown -- just clowning," Swearinger said. "Just doing little petty stuff after the play. Petty stuff after the play the referees would call if this wasn't history night for Drew Brees. But we had to fight against the refs and all that, too."

Dunbar told reporters that Thomas was "pushing" and "hitting" Washington players after the whistle.

"He was just doing little slick s--- after the plays, tapping you and doing little crazy stuff after the play trying to get you going," Dunbar said. "Pushing, hitting, talking -- doing all that."

Dunbar said he thought Thomas' actions were more "corny" than "annoying."

"I don't take disrespect well," Dunbar said. "For you to keep hitting another man and going back to the huddle, who does that? Not hitting after the whistle, but tapping you as he's going back to the huddle. Just little corny stuff."

Thomas set the NFL record for most catches in the first two years of a career (196, from 2017 to 2018) and the most catches through the first three weeks of a season this year (38). He finished with 74 yards on four receptions Monday night.

Thomas is typically soft-spoken in interviews, but he isn't afraid to show his bravado on Twitter -- starting with his handle, "CantGuardMike" -- though this is the most that a trash-talking battle has ever escalated with an opponent.

Thomas also seemed more fired up than usual for Monday night's game. He wore a ski mask during pregame introductions and was dancing on the sideline and firing up the crowd as the Saints' rout escalated.

"I'm not a big fan of the ski mask, honestly. I am a big fan of Mike, though, and how he plays," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "He is an emotional player, he's tough, extremely dedicated, he works his tail off and there isn't a more passionate player."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24940559/michael-thomas-calls-josh-norman-goof-ball-con-artist-cap-late-night-twitter-feud

3 hours ago, faceman said:

Honestly, I wish pro athletes would keep their mouth shut. Tom Jackson said there were only two players who intimidated him. They were Earl Campbell and Walter Payton. The reason was they said nothing after they ran you over. 

I was thinking the same thing.

Twitter has just turned into some pseudo-soapbox for people to mouth off with actually saying anything.

I really hope this isn't a new side of Michael Thomas we are going to come to expect.

Saint ATN, MadMack, Dru and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, phil said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Twitter has just turned into some pseudo-soapbox for people to mouth off with actually saying anything.

I really hope this isn't a new side of Michael Thomas we are going to come to expect.

I really don't think this is something we will see on a regular basis from MT. Norman is just a buffoon. I don't fault Thomas for going at him. Norman does this all the time. Even Cam went after him during a Panther's practice. Norman is a beeotch.

fowler-josh1

Edited by bigbrod81

15 hours ago, faceman said:

Honestly, I wish pro athletes would keep their mouth shut. Tom Jackson said there were only two players who intimidated him. They were Earl Campbell and Walter Payton. The reason was they said nothing after they ran you over. 

Agreed, MT can let his play talk for him, he really doesn't need to do this...

Saint ATN, The gun slinger and phil like this

13 hours ago, sfidc2 said:

Agreed, MT can let his play talk for him, he really doesn't need to do this...

We had a similar conversation several years ago. Richard Sherman was at his peak and very vocal. His war of words with Michael Crabtree was getting a lot of media attention. Marques Colston had the nickname Quiet Storm. When the Saints and Seahawks met in the playoffs, Sherman never said a thing about Colston after the game. Colston just did his job and let his play talk. In fact, after MC's TD in the playoffs, Sherman helped him up and patted him on the back. Jackson called it quiet confidence. It's the best way to take a player out of his game. Sometimes the smartest thing a man can say is nothing at all.  

Saint ATN, louder, nonyt and 4 others like this

I do agree, but I think this may have been a calculated mvoe by MT. Remeber that Norman was the one who got into it with OBJ afew years ago. I think he did it to get them off their game, and honestly it worked. I hope it isn't a premanent thing as well, but it could be. Time will tell. 

Saint ATN likes this