Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faceman

Pat Mahomes

18 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BlackNGold4Life said:

I believe we tried to trade back into the first round to get him, IIRC. Reid struck first 

I'm glad we drafted Lattimore,but    the better player in the long term will be Mahones Imho. What separates him from other athletic Qb's is he's deadly accurate when scrambling. 

Bonckers likes this

Like my dad says aint no use crying over spilt milk. We didn't land him KC nabbed him and I'm happy for him but I like our guys. I will reserve judgement on Mahomes till he's played at least a couple of years. I've seen guys come out and light up the league and fade away. It was impressive what he did last night but you guys need to pump the brakes a bit this is just his first full year as a starting QB. But with that said,he does pass the eye test.

xardoz, gypsywoman and zeke187 like this

Yes, I agree that RG3, Prescott, and others have looked good. But they were scrambling QB's who could also throw. The difference I see is a guy scrambling to throw not to run. He is smart, athletic and accurate. I saw throws I have seen no one I repeat no one else do off their back foot while falling hitting a tight window. It was a crazy game to watch, and this kid is special if he stays healthy he could be the best ever, but they need to protect him better. Yes, he has great weapons, but some of the stuff I saw I have never seen. Not with Brett Favre, not with Aaron Rodgers, or even with Steve Young.

Also, KC jumped us in the draft to pick him. We were picking 11th overall and KC traded to 10th to draft him before us. We knew the ramifications of waiting, but we had so many holes and were so depleted in depth that we would not be the team we are today and not nearly as competitive even if he was the QB if we gave up the capital we used in the 2017 draft. I like the kid, and again I feel he will be great. Curious to see if a weakness is found. Everyone has a weakness Drew's is the interior pressure which is why we invest so highly in Center and guard. Every QB has it. Brady's is pressure that is how the Giants and Eagles have beat him in Super Bowls. Curious if his is being pushed one way over another out of the pocket, doubt it from some of the throws I saw but some serious throws on Monday night that should scare the league. 

bigbrod81 likes this

21 hours ago, faceman said:

I'm glad we drafted Lattimore,but    the better player in the long term will be Mahones Imho. What separates him from other athletic Qb's is he's deadly accurate when scrambling. 

I'm glad we drafted Lattimore. Mahomes, right now, looks like the next coming but nothing is guaranteed. I think it would have created an issue on this team had we drafted him, I don't think he would sit for 2-3 years behind Brees. And letting Brees go to another team just to start Mahomes would have been insanity. It is a real paradox but I'm glad things turned out like they did with that draft right now, I hope to still be feeling the same way 5 years from now....

You guys are selling Bridgewater short. It wasn't in the cards for us to on and Mahomes,we gotta damn good CB that you're selling short as well. Instead of being jealous of another teams look at who we have,we don't have shmucks. We're just hitting our stride man.

Edited by The gun slinger
boricko, Kinsey and faceman like this

We don't know what we have in Bridgewater yet, that is why i didn't bring him up. If he can stay healthy he could be Bree's replacement, if we can re-sign him to a reasonable long term deal...a lot of ifs....

Bonckers and Slidell Saint like this

42 minutes ago, sfidc2 said:

We don't know what we have in Bridgewater yet, that is why i didn't bring him up. If he can stay healthy he could be Bree's replacement, if we can re-sign him to a reasonable long term deal...a lot of ifs....

I agree with you, we don't know after this season if he is going to agree to stay here. A guy n a rookie deal has no choice. I like Bridgewater, and hopefully, he sticks around till Brees calls it a career, but we don't even know how much longer Brees will play, or if Bridgewater will wait if it is after this year. Not to mention he may not want to follow in Brees footsteps. 

Imho, if he doesnt understand the opportunity, he has here infront of him, than he is not smart enough to be our next franchise-QB.

The thing is he does he already said so. Look we will get a deal done in the off season with him. Y'all just better get used to the idea of him being the heir apparent because he will be and hes gonna light it up. And if by chance it doesn't work we got the stormin Mormon as plan b.

boricko and faceman like this

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Drew Brees and I’m intrigued about the future with Teddy Bridgewater. But I’m starting to get a case if the what-might-have-beens with Mahomes knowing how much Payton wanted him.

bigbrod81 likes this

On 10/2/2018 at 3:32 PM, The gun slinger said:

I will reserve judgement on Mahomes till he's played at least a couple of years. I've seen guys come out and light up the league and fade away. It was impressive what he did last night but you guys need to pump the brakes a bit this is just his first full year as a starting QB. But with that said,he does pass the eye test.

This isn't the case of a young QB using his athletic ability to get by on. Mahomes is putting up these numbers because he is dissecting defenses with his mind then he uses his laser arm & uncanny accuracy to pick them apart. Andy Reid is not using gimmicks with Mahomes either. Reid has thrown the entire playbook at him & then some with Mahomes mastering everything put in front of him. RG3 couldn't read defenses, Mahomes can. Kaepernick was given the zone read as a crutch to get him by. Dak relied on a solid run game & great offensive line. Mahomes is the Chiefs offense right now. He has the ability & intelligence to execute what Andy Reid wants done to perfection. I understand why some what to be skeptical but those who are skeptical are not seeing what Mahomes is doing from a game film perspective. The film never lies. Also, what he did late in the 4th quarter at Denver is special. He put his team on his back & said guys I got you. It's that type of leadership characteristic that makes the great ones special.

Bonckers, Saint ATN, Kinsey and 1 other like this