Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louder

Saints Falcons chat

17 posts in this topic

that was absolutely painful to watch, happy we won but we are basement vying for epic worstness is a stats sh*tshow on D. He threw 5 TD's with ease and thankfully we have Drew Brees and it even took one of his better games to get it done in the end. Nothing like winning in a division rivals house but I honestly don't feel we have too much to celebrate one and we still have little to hang our hats on this W at all. That's 2 very seriously ugly W's back to back. 

Richard, boricko and Brian Milici like this

I never complain about a win, no matter how ugly it might be. 

I’ve spent three Sundays in a row on the edge of my seat with my team in a position to win and they’ve won two. I’m definitely getting my money’s worth. We could be 2018’s cardiac kids.

Saint ATN likes this

After Drew spin cycled the defense for the score I tweeted out this: "Drew Brees just told Taysom Hill to get off his lawn, ;)"

I'll take the win, but man you should never lose on the road scoring 37 in regulation without a turnover and blocking a punt you recover. Our defense is so bad in the back end they almost accomplished that.

Saint ATN, louisb, Chuck and 1 other like this

17 hours ago, Brian Milici said:

After Drew spin cycled the defense for the score I tweeted out this: "Drew Brees just told Taysom Hill to get off his lawn, ;)"

I'll take the win, but man you should never lose on the road scoring 37 in regulation without a turnover and blocking a punt you recover. Our defense is so bad in the back end they almost accomplished that.

I feel more confident after listening to Deion last night. It's the Cb opposite Lattimore who is the key to our woes. The rest of the secondary has played well the last 2 games. It's only one position,but it's critical. 

Bonckers likes this

I think Crawley is a good corner on the line. Line him up in bump and run and give him safety help. This can be fixed. He is a big corner who is not known for his speed, just don't leave him on an island. 

Yeah ya right bonkers,Lattimore is a different animal. You can't play Crawley the same way you have to shade a safety over to help him. The name of the game is to put your players in the best position to succeed but unfortunately Allen is not doing that. 

I did not get to see the game, but someone told me we were playing Zone against Matt Ryan.  I seriously hope we weren't, you can't play zone against Ryan, he'll eat you up. You play zone against Scam and Winston, maybe.

4 hours ago, sailorsaint said:

I did not get to see the game, but someone told me we were playing Zone against Matt Ryan.  I seriously hope we weren't, you can't play zone against Ryan, he'll eat you up. You play zone against Scam and Winston, maybe.

I'll look up the stats later, but Ryan is deadly against the blitz. If I were DC, I'd drop 8 and rush 3. Historically, he's been Matty dump off against that scheme. You just need the first man to make the tackle. 

Bonckers likes this

I agree Face, we got burnt when blitzing him. I think at this point keep everything in front of you and make them earn it rather than quick easy scores for them. 

1 hour ago, Bonckers said:

I agree Face, we got burnt when blitzing him. I think at this point keep everything in front of you and make them earn it rather than quick easy scores for them. 

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/23/falcons-qb-matt-ryan-had-nfls-2nd-highest-touchdown-rate-vs-blitz/

I know we hate him, but you don't blitz Ryan. Brod and I had a conversation awhile back. He told me the first thing HS Qb's are taught is how to read a blitz. You can get away with it sometimes, but if you do it constantly like Greg Williams did here, you'll pay a heavy price. The name of the game on defense today is coverage by Db's. 

Ryan is on pace for 65,000 + yds passing and 400 Td's if he avoids serious injury in the next 5 years. Hate to say it, but that's not stats a bad Qb puts up. 

Edited by faceman
Bonckers likes this

I agree he isn't a bad QB, I am just not sure I would say he is an Elite one as some have said (not saying you are). He is good to very good. I just don't see him as Elite. I don't personally believe he makes his WR's better which is part of the criteria I use to decide on an elite QB. He has always had a top 5 target or two while in the NFL from Roddy White to Julio to Tony Gonzalez to potentially Calvin Ridley. 

13 minutes ago, Bonckers said:

I agree he isn't a bad QB, I am just not sure I would say he is an Elite one as some have said (not saying you are). He is good to very good. I just don't see him as Elite. I don't personally believe he makes his WR's better which is part of the criteria I use to decide on an elite QB. He has always had a top 5 target or two while in the NFL from Roddy White to Julio to Tony Gonzalez to potentially Calvin Ridley. 

imo, he's in the Vinne Testaverde class. He's good, but a step below HOF class. He's had wr's throughout his career Brees would dream of. 

Bonckers and Richard like this