Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeke187

Buccaneers vs Saints

56 posts in this topic

Meant to post in the PUOSU Thread. Got us 10-6 and I think we go to the NFC Title Game. Hopefully I am shorting us. 

So, defense looks as porous as it did last season. Very little discipline thus far.

Our defense is absolutely pathetic. I'll give credit to Fitzpatrick on making some good throws, but zero pass rush and sluggish in coverage. 

Such a disappointment 

I simply cannot believe what I have to witness here. This D lacks EVERYTHING. Last year, we were good at adjusting at halftime, but if our D continues to play like this, there is no chance to win this game.

Perhaps the Saints D started to believe their own hype; Lattimore, love you, but who the HELL are you today? Certainly not the same CB who won Rookie of the Year.

Zero pass rush, horrendous coverage (Williams, Bell, EVERYONE), and penalties.

we're back to the days where the offense has to score on every possession. What a step back, so disappointing. 

Bonckers and boricko like this

I’m dumbfounded. The backup QB for a bad nfl team has hung 41 on us. I know we started out slow last year on defense but this seems even worse. Last year it was against the likes of New England and Minny.  Super Bowl team and almost Super Bowl team.

This year?  How and why have we regressed this much? Wow. Receivers are just wide open in our backfield. And again with no pressure on the QB. We’re back to the opposing team scoring at will. They better get this figured out or we will beat our own record for the worst defense in NFL history.

boricko likes this

92 looked like a n00b all night long :) On that 3rd down play, right before 2 minute warning, he is late again. Why you still push with no effect to the forward? Just drop in flat, and Fitz can kiss good night. Time will bring it.

4 minutes ago, thernasty said:

The defense has been painful and is the number one reason for our suckitude today, but don't underestimate our inability to run the football on offense.

Well, I can fully understand where SP is coming from. I also wouldnt burn AK41 just to win the first game of the season. Despite using Ak41 in reasonable dosis, Gillislee being anything but helpful, Ramy playing like he was drinking too much of his own koolaid, Peat being missed terribly, we still put 40 points on good defense.

Bonckers likes this

1 hour ago, boricko said:

Well, we put 40 on the board with 3:31 minutes left. Aint that bad...

Also, the Ruhr Valley Cajuns' ST/D made -7 points

As a refreshing sidenote: In the same match, Matty Shice had 6 points.

Good for you. We only had 24 when I made that comment.  Overall, the offense looked good.  Defense on the other hand.....no positive comments coming.

That was absolutely the worst play calling D I've seen a Payton era team play. They were horrid, undisciplined and unworthy to field when you have a QB like Drew Brees. We have done him a complete and utter disservice today for the wonderful tenure he's endured. 

Mr. Benson, I'd like to apologize to you and Mrs. B for what they allowed to transpire on your field today in your memory was completely sullied with such an abysmal display of a team you paid for. Sorry, but they stunk it up all over the field. 

Bonckers likes this

I called 40 + throws by Brees earlier this week because I felt Payton would put this game on the shoulders of Brees due to the running back situation but I never saw this defensive ineptitude coming. Fans will point at the personnel first & foremost but that was an awful game plan from a schematical standpoint. I will use the last Fitzpatrick scramble for a first down as an example. Why on earth would you use a stunt on that 3rd down when Fitzpatrick has hurt you all game long with his legs on 3rd down. When you stunt like that, you leave a void in your defense & that is exactly where Fitzpatrick ran to.

faceman, hardeeflag, Kinsey and 5 others like this

I could speculate poor conditioning but regardless out D-Line got manhandled today and our backfield played sloppy and ran out of gas.

the offense looked great even without Ingram, put up 40 on a good defense. Brees looked even better than he did the end of last season. Special teams played pretty decent. 

This loss is 110% on our defense. If you can’t win when your offense puts 40 points on the board, it’s the defense. 

We don’t need a fantastic defense, we don’t even need a good defense, we just need an okay defense and we didn’t even get that. 

zeke187 and Saint ATN like this