Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Milici

Week 1 College Football 2018 Thread

16 posts in this topic

We've got a good slate of games today..

The headliners are #9 Auburn vs #6 Washington and #14 Michigan vs #12 Notre Dame. 

#17 West Virginia and the once more rebooting Vols face off for the first time ever.

Matt Canada vs Tom Herman with Maryland and #23 Texas is currently super fun. The jet sweep works for a while.. that Jeshaun kid is fun to watch. Maryland just went back on top 31 to 29!

Ohio State is blowing out Oregon State.

Lane Kiffin is currently in the woodshed courtesy of Lincoln Riley.

Later we see Tua/Jalen make Petrino red faced.

Earlier in the week Tulane lost a heartbreaker in OT to Wake Forest and Utah State nearly made the Michigan State season go up in flame while Stanford saw the Bryce Love, well, love sputter out of the gate against SDSU.

Ole Miss and Texas Tech has been fun. These teams don't know defense, but they have some receivers. Tech's starter at QB went down so they've got a freshman out there, yet they've still put up 27 points deep in the 4th.

What are you watching?

Edited by Brian Milici

Auburn outlasted UW with some great, timely defensive plays in this game.  Overall though, this game was sloppy as hell.  

This one will hurt the UW perception later down the line because they most likely will win out (Utah and Stanford being the only other real tests on the schedule).

Auburn had the crowd behind them with the game in ATL, but certainly they sort of escaped a tough opponent to open the season with.  They'll take the W.

Brian Milici likes this

Saw a good bit of WV dismantling TN on the second screen. TN seemed to be tough, but clearly the WV offense with Grier is a thing of beauty. I think he's got a strong Heisman chance this year. The Neer defense impressed me. That's the key to the Big 12 imo.

James Franklin SURVIVES in OT against App State. That dude is super polarizing.. wonder what the talk is there?

The Auburn and Washington game was so much fun. Lots of missed kicks and momentum shifts. Browning looked fairly poor against that Tiger defense. And Gus was able to generate a bit more in the run game than I expected with their losses.

The best part had to be Canada vs Herman in the "No Thanks, LSU! Bowl" in two very different ways. One signed by the Uni and the other one sent to it.

It appears everyone is in agreement that Herman is a bona fide RogerGoodell. Even the supporters I've read think he's a top notch elitist dick.

By the way, Herman ordered the team PIZZAS during the weather delay? Chip Kelly is rolling over in his grave with the way he is about player nutrition.. that shocked me.

Fun read here.

Listening to his presser on LHN he just raved about his offense especially in 2 minute drills against their own defense "which is a really, really good defense." Some odd quotes and thoughts from him. That Keontay Ingram kid was a stud and never touched the ball in the second half.

When Urban took shots at Herman right away that made me do a double take. He slammed Herman for making excuses last year about not having 'his players' or whatever his bad comment was.

Edited by Brian Milici

13 minutes ago, Saint ATN said:

40-14 final WVU down Tenn officially, feels pretty darn good. I did NOT expect this, was pleasantly surprised. 

I kinda had a feeling this would be the outcome. Will Grier is legit & I believe the Heisman will come down to Grier, Kyler Murray (OU) & Dwayne Haskins (OSU). As impressive as Grier was, the Mountaineers' defense was even more impressive. OU vs WVU will basically be a playoff game for who will represent the XII in the playoffs. I really believe that.

1 hour ago, faceman said:

Bama over the Ville 28-0 at the half., I'm not a Bama fan, but it's nice to see scumbag Petrino getting his ass kicked 

Gonna have throw Tua in the Heisman mix as well. Hey Jalen Hurts, it was a nice run while it lasted. Tua is hands down the better QB.

Brian Milici likes this

4 hours ago, herb said:

Ole Miss does not look worse off without him and Michigan looks no better with him.

True but A.J. Brown & DeMarcus Lodge are two of the best WRs in the country. Matter of fact, Brown maybe the first WR off the board in the 2019 draft. Patterson doesn't have that caliber of receiver at Michigan.

Also, Harbaugh hasn't been able to construct a consistent offense at Michigan & this is from an offensive minded coach. Something must be in the water in Ann Arbor that look leads to the offensive side of the ball being overlooked when coaching on the collegiate level.

What will it take to bring Tennessee back to prominence? That program hasn't been relevant since Peyton Manning left & Phillip Fulmer was fired. They did provide us with Alvin Kamara though & we Saints fans are grateful for that.

Saint ATN likes this